Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Condom Usage on the decline

http://nypost.com/2015/08/24/why-men...ium=SocialFlow

More specifically, among young men.

Lately, sex researchers have noticed a troubling trend: After steadily climbing since the 1990s, condom use in America is falling—especially among young men.
    Between 2002 and 2010, the percentage of teen guys who used a condom during their first sexual experience jumped from 71 percent to nearly 80 percent, according to research from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). But from 2011 to 2013, that figure dropped to 78 percent.
    No, that doesn’t sound like much. But the drop-off seems to be steepening, says Debby Herbenick, Ph.D., a sexual health researcher at Indiana University.

Might be too soon make any rash decisions about this (huehuehue), but the fact that it could continue to drop is somewhat alarming.

Deleted
    according to research from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
    The original article doesn't reference that research, so who the hell knows if it's true or not. In any case, I'm guessing it was just some "study", where some 1000 or so highschool and college kids, guys, were asked if they use condoms or not, and being young and full of testosterone they answered "no", because that's the kind of studs they are. The percentage of guys lying about whether they use condoms or not is anywhere between 0-100% so this is a completely pointless claim.

What they could research, though, and have actual facts for it, is how much STDs have increased.

Unless, of course, the "research" they conducted was hiding in the dorm rooms, spying on kids having sex.

Is it just because there's a lot more other birth control being used than before?

What I got out of that article is that it has actually been increasing.

And that whoever wrote that headline needs a kick to the groin for their clickbaity bullshit.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

http://www.parsemusfoundation.org/vasalgel-home/

Im waiting for this personally...
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't be dumb with your cum!
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Always put a helmet on your soldier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XorMalice View Post
    Is it just because there's a lot more other birth control being used than before?
    I don't think the issue is the birth control aspect. Condoms also prevent some STDs.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Implanon has become a thing over the last decade or so here at least (Aus).
    Teen males often don't make the best choices regarding STD prevention, I would like to see the STD stats if they are showing a similar rise in the same age groups.

If you go out into the rain wear a rain coat.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post

Might be too soon make any rash decisions about this (huehuehue), but the fact that it could continue to drop is somewhat alarming.
    Or maybe is a good thing because young women are deciding to take the issue of unwanted pregnancies on themselves (as they should be)?

oh...we are supposed to use those?

Probs because young men are too busy getting their lives together instead of fuckin.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post

It's simple.

It's because sex is the leading cause of rape, and people don't want any of that shit.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If you go out into the rain wear a rain coat.
    I prefer an umbrella.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    I prefer an umbrella.
    Do they still make diaphragms?

Deleted
    I'm not surprised. Condoms reduce sensitivity so much that the sex is barely worth the effort.

Don't get me wrong, you should definitely be using condoms with strangers to prevent STIs. On the other hand if it's someone you've known for while and they're on birth control, well...

Always keep a sheathe for your knife to stop it getting rusty in wet conditions

They're probably all just anti-vaxxers. They're against condoms because they aren't natural.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Condoms are the worst. Well, I guess except for celibacy. Whatever, I'm glad to have a long term partner and not having to care about all that business.