Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    How would they know it was illegal? All they know is there's no way to get anywhere except into a grave and suddenly this dude comes along and says "Hey, just pay me 10k dollars (or sell me your cute daughter, so I can prostitute her later) and I'll get you into the promised land sound and safe!" and some of them do it. They can not read any of our languages, let alone understand the legal context of what they're doing. And he's promising them all they want to hear.

I think you're a bit too shallow on this.
    Possible, but according to NPR, migrants pay close attention to which European countries would be more or less accepting. A lot of these people aren't dirt poor, either; they're successful, intelligent people who have been displaced by war; many of them can speak at least some English. I would say it's a bit condescending to suggest that they don't understand the risks they are taking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Possible, but according to NPR, migrants pay close attention to which European countries would be more or less accepting. A lot of these people aren't dirt poor, either; they're successful, intelligent people who have been displaced by war; many of them can speak at least some English. I would say it's a bit condescending to suggest that they don't understand the risks they are taking.
    Well, that´s pretty easy... Theres only really a difference between EU and non-EU countries. I´m impressed by turkey.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    heh out of hostile areas... Well not quite but I do honestly see your point. It is far harder regardless of supplies to fight a civil war then it is a foreign one. I am not in any way claiming it is the easier of the two choices it honestly isn't but in the end I believe it is... not the right choice I don't think there is one but the better choice.

It isn't a good situation it requires extremely hard choices I just don't think a mass exodus is practical nor honestly possible.
    I also hope you understand that "the better choice" is subjective. I would classify it as a terrible choice. With that said, if you've already been a soldier it might work out better. For the classic civilian, I'd strongly advice against it when you have children in need of you.