Looking for tweaks - Sub DPS

Hey guys,

Last night, my guild did Zakuun, and I wasn't overly pleased with my numbers. I feel like my damage is coming off a lot toward the 2:30-3:00 time slot on shorter fights.

Here is the log from last night. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=53

The only mistake that I can see is that I didn't second pot during my third dance/second reflection. Is that enough of a mistake to account for a fairly significant dps loss? Does anyone see anything else that I can improve upon?

Thanks!

Clarith - Malorne US

You seem to only be getting 2 ambushes during your vanishes (that are outside of your SD/SR). You should be pooling more so you can get 3.

As you mentioned, you are loosing quite a lot of potential DPS by not having pot+ring during your 2nd SD+SR.

You're right about the 2 ambushes per vanish. I'll start pooling more for that.

On that specific fight, the second ring/lust was used at 2:37ish, which is after my third dance/second reflection but before my fourth dance. Is the 5 ambushes that i cast during my fourth dance worth more than saving my third dance/second reflection for ring/lust?

Deleted
    1. You wasted a GCD by using shadow dance before rupture. Vanish > SR > Rupture not with SD between SR and Rupture.
    2. It's kinda weird because BL at start grants you a lot more DPS. Especially as a sub rogue.
    3. You didn't have SR + Ring for the bloodlust sub 35%.
    4. No energy pooling before SD/Vanish
    5. I tend to save vanish for Shadow dance if there's less than 15 seconds remaining. That way I start pooling energy (4-5 seconds before SD comes off CD/vanish comes off CD), make sure rupture + s&d are refreshed proceeding.

However, I think you would do a lot more DPS if your guild would have BL'd at start and you would have just pooled energy.

Its just one of those situations where the timing is awkward based on the fight length and your current raid dps / strategy. In that specific case you do not want to delay SR+SR. Try to talk them into ringing / lusting at around 2 min (or better yet lust on pull). You are killing it fast enough to make lust on pull a good option.

It also looks like you are missing out on premeds, might want to keep an eye on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinist View Post
    Its just one of those situations where the timing is awkward based on the fight length and your current raid dps / strategy. In that specific case you do not want to delay SR+SR. Try to talk them into ringing / lusting at around 2 min (or better yet lust on pull). You are killing it fast enough to make lust on pull a good option.

It also looks like you are missing out on premeds, might want to keep an eye on that.
    I have premed macroed with ambush, so it should go off every time I can. However, there were a couple of times where I used it, then the next time I was able to ambush, it wasn't off cd. So it's a timing issue that I need to work out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dahakka View Post
    1. You wasted a GCD by using shadow dance before rupture. Vanish > SR > Rupture not with SD between SR and Rupture.
    2. It's kinda weird because BL at start grants you a lot more DPS. Especially as a sub rogue.
    3. You didn't have SR + Ring for the bloodlust sub 35%.
    4. No energy pooling before SD/Vanish
    5. I tend to save vanish for Shadow dance if there's less than 15 seconds remaining. That way I start pooling energy (4-5 seconds before SD comes off CD/vanish comes off CD), make sure rupture + s&d are refreshed proceeding.

However, I think you would do a lot more DPS if your guild would have BL'd at start and you would have just pooled energy.
    So the biggest problem affecting my dps was ring/lust being used outside of my dance/sr. If I were mut, I could hold vendetta and not lose another use of it because of the 2 minute cd (which is what the other rogue in my guild did).

Deleted
    Nah, it's about having BL at start. You will probably pull 85+ with that. Just try to pool more and you're golden.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Athonel View Post
    I have premed macroed with ambush, so it should go off every time I can.
    The problem with that macro is that Premeditation does not add into Anticipation stacks, only to the normal 5 CPs. Meaning if you use Premed with 4CPs, it only adds 1, and if you use it with 5+, it's completely wasted. I currently have 2 buttons for Ambush - one without Premed and one macro'ed with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Athonel View Post
    I have premed macroed with ambush, so it should go off every time I can.
    Assuming you Amb before Evisc on your Vanishes (which you should for FW), you will waste every Premed. As Soulsseeker said, Premed does not build into Anticipation and Vanish gives you 5CP when you use it, so Premed will just go on cooldown and do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsseeker View Post
    I currently have 2 buttons for Ambush - one without Premed and one macro'ed with it.
    I just use a modifier for that:

Code:
    #showtooltip Ambush
    /cast [nomod] Premeditation
    /cast Ambush

If I hold a modifier, Premed doesn't go off, but Amb still does. If I don't hold a modifier, it casts Premed then Amb.

Hello guys, I've read these threads for several days now. The one with Rylix' macroes, the one with cleave, fix my DPS etc, and here I am,
    got my 4pc last night, instantly specced sub and would like some clarifications(cannot provide any logs since I'm just getting used on tracking all at once on dummy).
    Silly questions first; Please keep in mind that I'm playing it for around an hour in my entire life, also do not have legendary ring yet.
    a)Veins debuff, it is passive, right? I mean, the only way to track that is to see that you got your rupture|hemo bleeding effect on the target?

b)how are you changing the priority list with the SoulCap proc? Is it worth saving vanish for it, between SD?

c)on the pull(the herp derp part you're calling it in guides), what is the smartest way to deal, stop spamming ambush on 5-8 CP and re-rupture/eviscerate, or just go balls to the wall ambush with all possible GCDs? Because I guess that the right way of doing it is evi/rupture(free dps for 10 energy), and in the end it brings me vanish faster than SD goes off CD, but not fast enough to use it(it is usually 10 seconds till SD off CD when my vanish goes off CD, so literally I would not bother to do vanish till SD off CD). In the raid environment, it would be faster?

d)Knowing that SnD can be refreshed <12seconds, what about rupture? I guess one of our top priorities is to save 100% uptime of it, and therefore pooling orbs might be a good idea for that as well, in case MStrikes will burn the bleeding faster than I'd rebuild 5 orbs. Do you have a specific value you're preferring for it?

e)Smart premeditation usage-10 seconds before pull so we could reapply it in the end of SD?

Might come up with more since I started to storm LFRs. No logs to provide, sorry, but here is my armory. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...D1%80/advanced
    Thanks for all the answers in advance! Sorry, I've been sass for way too long and I might pool too many orbs and ask really silly things
    EDIT: The most important question! What factors should make me save the vanish, 10 sec till SD, or SoulCap|maalus proc, or Ideally I should time it all up ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

Deleted
    @Minoan
    A. Don't use hemorrhage, it's useless and a DPS decrease over just backstab. Only reason it could be useful is when you need that last CP to get keep your rupture / SnD up.

B. No

C. Never waste combo points, always apply re-apply rupture if duration is less than 8 seconds. Don't understand rest of the question.

D. you WANT to burn the rupture with your backstab. That's what makes Rupture so valuable and so efficient.

E. Always use it at <3 combo points.

Last question : It doesn't matter, you need to use SD + Vanish off CD. Unless Vanish is about to come off CD (10 secs) and so is SD, then you could line them up. But otherwise you use Vanish off CD.

Alright thanks Dahakka, a bit more practice resolved some questions.
    About a)I meant Veins debuff for 25% extra damage.
    for c) and last question-I read here that people were able to put 2 vanishes between SDs(~1 vanish every 30 sec). So I was wondering whether it is a common thing or it is only possible with lust on pull.

And I got one more question, literally what I stupidly tried to put out in question C
    Do I want to keep SD for more than 10 seconds of Vanish CD?(considering that I have no orbs and energy at the time and no preparation, and it will take me at least 5 sec to build up 3 CP and Evi them) and do I want to use SD without Vanish at all?

building a Vanish SR SD macro is fine for all the time except pull?
    Last edited by Minoan; 2015-08-30 at 10:57 AM.

Deleted
    I highly doubt that's possible, that would mean you get 2x as much vanishes as you get SD. Also, in actual practice it is impossible because you need to save Vanish for important adds, you need to pool 4-5 seconds each time, so the "use vanish twice during each SD" is complete nonsense. I don't know where you read that. I guess it is possible with lust, but otherwise? No. I doubt it.

You have to use SD off CD. Whether it's with vanish or without vanish. You never delay your SD, if your vanish has less than 15 seconds CD remaining, you can save it and line it up with SD. Otherwise, you always use them off CD.

I personally don't use macro's that pop everything at the same time, it could waste you GCD's. For example, popping everything on pull (SR+SD+Vanish) costs you 1 GCD of SD because you have to apply rupture. Ideally you want to Vanish > SR > Rupture > SD. But yeah, I don't know how good popping CD's at the same time is.

Thanks for clarification. Well, with the times I am getting right now, Vanish will always be up to SD, even 10-15 seconds earlier.
    About using SD off CD, well I guess it means I should exclude the need of reSnD/Rupture 15 seconds prior.
    About macro-I mentioned that I want to use it ASIDE of pull. For pull, I got that castsequence macro, thanks to RylixTV and Drewlol. But after the pull, using macro with these 3 spells will always line up SR and Vanish&SD so that SD will be with SR every 2 minutes, and I honestly can't see the situation where I would like to use SR without SD, and Vanish without SD. Maybe it's lack of experience, and I still got all these buttons separated in case I'd want them separately.