Deleted

Sub + Bleeding Hollow Toxin Vessel: Ambush or Evic?

When casting Shadow Dance or Vanish, should I be spamming Ambush continuously and forget about Evicerate until after the Shadow Dance / Subterfuge buff has expired?

My Ambush is hitting for far more than Evicerate with the trinket. Unless I need to refresh Rupture etc, I'm right in thinking that Ambush should just be spammed as my hardest hitting move when available right, even if I cap combo points? Or do I still need to do Evic finishers for some reason?

That is incorrect, you still want to follow the normal finisher priority.

Deleted
    Thanks. Is there any reasoning behind this thought? Why not spam Ambush as much as possible?

Deleted
    You are correct, you want to prioritize Ambush over Eviscerate. However, you cannot waste combo points, so get to 7-8 CP's and then dump into an Evis, then keep Ambush spamming.

EDIT:Typo

Deleted
    Eviscerate is basically free damage.. Casting eviscerate most likely won't affect the number of ambushes you can cast during Shadow Dance since it refunds most of it's energy. (for me it's 6 ambushes no matter if I eviscerate or not)

Deleted
    Hmm I can do 6 Ambushes without casting Evic, but can only get in 5 if I use a finisher. Just can't seem to beat the global cooldown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theoriginalmre View Post
    Hmm I can do 6 Ambushes without casting Evic, but can only get in 5 if I use a finisher. Just can't seem to beat the global cooldown.
    That's really weird. Rogues have 1 second Global Cooldown (I believe) so it should't be a problem. Energy is the only real problem but if you pool properly you should be fine.

You're doing something wrong. Rogues have a 1 sec gcd and SD lasts 10 seconds. I can fit in 6 ambushes and 2 finishers into that window each time. You should be able to 3 Ambush - Finish - 2 Ambush - Finish - Ambush. The last Ambush should go off with less than a second to spare.

Make sure you go into SD with enough energy pooled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarzog View Post
    You're doing something wrong. Rogues have a 1 sec gcd and SD lasts 10 seconds. I can fit in 6 ambushes and 2 finishers into that window each time. You should be able to 3 Ambush - Finish - 2 Ambush - Finish - Ambush. The last Ambush should go off with less than a second to spare.

Make sure you go into SD with enough energy pooled.
    Ok the best I've managed to do on a Training Dummy is Ambush x4, Rupture x1, Ambush x2. Pooling all energy to 120 before starting SD.
    Even if I do an Evic instead of the Rupture, I don't have enough energy to pop the 6th Ambush.

My haste is around 13%. Reckon it's a gear issue?

EDIT: Seems to be inconsistent - I can do x3 Ambush, Finish, x2 Ambush, Finish, x1 Ambush (x6 Ambush and x2 Finishers) but not every time. Sometimes I don't have enough energy and sometimes I do.
    Last edited by mmoce3746713ff; 2015-08-29 at 07:24 PM.

Deleted
    Ok the best I've managed to do on a Training Dummy is Ambush x4, Rupture x1, Ambush x2. Pooling all energy to 120 before starting SD.
    Even if I do an Evic instead of the Rupture, I don't have enough energy to pop the 6th Ambush.

My haste is around 13%. Reckon it's a gear issue?
    Any chance you forgot to apply slice and dice before your test?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by buzuzuki View Post
    Any chance you forgot to apply slice and dice before your test?
    No I'm always rolling with SnD.

You have up to 5 additional combo points over 10 seconds in raid setting from HaT, also don't forget Premed.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

Could just be a latency problem.