Thread: Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer

Hey,

so i was actually wondering this before, but now with the new expansion, wehre dragondecks became more popular even more.

Why dont we have any "Dragonslayer" card in the game?

1. In the starts of HS we had the Aspects as legendaries and some other dragon cards
    2. With BRM there came more dragons
    3. TGT brought even more dragons, including cards that have great synergies for dragon decks

So why dont we have a "counter-dragon" card? Im not saying its necessary, but i think it would make sense.

Especially, since we have "counter" cards in the game, which dont really make sense. Like "Helmet Nesingwary" or "Lights CHampion<-wtf"....

When i follow the lore from WoW there could be some orc card (for example a warlock) that could have such a function. Like when the orcs had captured Alexsztraza and they used her offspring as mounts in the war against the alliance

(example, take the control of an enemy dragon for 2 rounds, or just put him into a net for the rest of the game)

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    There could be a Dragon Soul card (or a guy with it) who can Mind Control a dragon or something like that.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    Because dragons failed tremendously in BRM so adding counters to a weak deck type would just make it more unplayable. They tried making dragons better with TGT by adding some much needed dragon cards and the dragon decks that are coming out are better, but nothing too crazy to demand counters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtarc1987 View Post
    adding counters to a weak deck type would just make it more unplayable.
    Or, because dragons didn't reach Dr.7/Face Hunter levels of perceived brokenness, no one would play the dragon counter card.

No one played BGH back in Vanilla when the biggest threats were Ysera/Cairne/Sylvanas.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Well, 2 things:

1. First of all its not about something being broken or valiable. When you sse the cards i have mentioned above "Helmet Nesingwary" or "Lights CHampion" its not like they would be necessary because they counter something op. And still we have them. On the other side, through all the decks that were played even until TGT dragons often found a good spot. For example Ysera is imo since alwayse one of the best cards/legendaries in game. Twilight Drake is played in almost every Handlock deck, which in generla are very strong decks. Then we also see Azure Drakes in many decks and so on...

2. And again, it was more of a logical approach then a "try to balance something" idea. The idea was more like "When there are fish in the lake, there will be fishermen"

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    There could be a Dragon Soul card (or a guy with it) who can Mind Control a dragon or something like that.
    I like that one

For the same reason we don't have an anti-pirate mechanic :P

What would it be, Ninja?

But hey, they might make "dragonslayer" a thing in future expansions if dragon decks get more dominant.

Right now I'd settle for "patronslayer".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Or, because dragons didn't reach Dr.7/Face Hunter levels of perceived brokenness, no one would play the dragon counter card.

No one played BGH back in Vanilla when the biggest threats were Ysera/Cairne/Sylvanas.
    Yeah they did. Ragnaros was/is a card.
    Last edited by muto; 2015-08-31 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Yeah. And of course Handlock etc. BGH used to be a tech card, though it almost became mandatory in GvG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Yes but still basic cards were enough counters
    Now (and still) dr balanced ruined everything
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power