Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandral View Post
    Looks really good, but the writing has me cautious. Lines like

Everything else looks great though and has me pretty excited.
    You forgot "lets just say I put them in a hole and threw away the hole" UM WHAT???? nice play on words there replacing 'key' with hole, real magic of cinema.

"Lets go save the world"

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    It took me a while to realise you were talking about the Jokers grill, i've been around Twitch chat too long.

As for the look in general? I'm ambivalent towards it, I think he can pull off the Joker they seem to be going for with that look, so meh, whatever works for them.
    You and me both. I got legit confused for a few seconds there.

As for the Joker; Maybe it's just because I'm a huge fan of Jared Leto, but I think this Joker is awesome. He looks like a complete fucking psychopath, yet still staying somewhat true to the original, comic book joker with the brightly colored hair. It's refreshing to see something new, and not just a carbon copy of Heath Ledgers' version.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

The trailer had me going until seeing Joker's face. Then it went meh status pretty fukken fast.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I think the Joker scene was the best out of the trailer. From the background sadistic laugh to introduce him, to the wide smile and eyes when about to inflict pain. I found myself rewinding that part acouple times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Meh, DC comics have always been pretty dark to be honest.
    Yeah no, actually. For much of DC's superhero publication history, they've been G-rated. Golden Age and Silver Age DC comics were lighthearted, fun books aimed at kids as their primary intended audience.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather see Will Smith back as Hancock than as Deadshot...

Killer Croc looks tiny, but I guess they didn't want people to compare him to Amazing Spiderman's Lizard.

I would commit mass genocide for one night with Margot Robbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    The trailer looked horribad...like...we may be into the so bad it's good territory. Is that what they were going for? Joker looks just like we thought he would. Once again though, Leto is pretty good...I liked his voice.
    I've always been a Will Smith fan, and Margot is really growing on me, but... this looked pretty bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    I would commit mass genocide for one night with Margot Robbie.
    Yes. She's like Jaime Pressley 2.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    DC should stick to animated movies, they outshine Marvel everyday with animated movies. But aside from Batman, I dont think I have liked any DC movie that's come out yet and suicide Squad looks no different, we have skinny Amanda Waller and Maralyn Manson Joker.

Harley looks great though, I would love to see more of her acting, I'll go see the movie as I love DC as much as Marvel.

But if you want to see a good Suicide Squad movie, go watch Batman: Assault on Arkham everything was class there.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope this trailer doesn't reflect the actual tone of the movie, because, like, argh, what kind of tone are they even going for?

Solemn music, "Man of Steel"-godrays, and Will Smith telling a man-sized Godzilla person that "We're like some kind of Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice". It looks like a dumb silly superhero movie that's trying really hard to be mature and gritty.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong and I'll end up eating my words. I have my doubts, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalcrab View Post
    I really hope this trailer doesn't reflect the actual tone of the movie, because, like, argh, what kind of tone are they even going for?
    A crazy psycho tone.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Margot Robbie in the Wolf of Wall Street...just not even fair. With the pigtails and the bit of crazy going on, just mmm.

As for the trailer itself, Will Smith is playing Will Smith, but I think for this character it could work. The teeth of Joker don't bother me as much now because they definitely look more like replacements for lost teeth than a grill like I previously thought. The tattoos are still eh, but I'm hopeful Leto's performance will outshine the look. The trailer definitely helped me get back on board though.

Looks good. I'm not 100% convinced about The Joker, pretty sure Heath Ledger's masterpiece ruined that character for any future film, we'll see.

I hate the New 52 inspired red/blue hair on Harley. Should be red and black dangit!

And all I'm going to say is I. HATE. Joker's design. It looks like something a Joker gang thug might look like, not the clown prince himself. And Harley and Joker sound kinda generic, not the crazy personality types.

Oh well, here's hoping they get Hamill to do The Killing Joke at least.

Quote Originally Posted by mashed94 View Post
    Looks good. I'm not 100% convinced about The Joker, pretty sure Heath Ledger's masterpiece ruined that character for any future film, we'll see.
    I felt like the way to match Ledger's performance was to take the character more towards the comics. The Frank Sinatra-esque style of clothing, the bleached WHITE skin (not pale like Ledger looks) and play up his theatrics balanced with sadistic cruelty. Sure, he's cruel and hurts people, but he IS a showman. Somewhere between Ledger and Nicholson lies the comic book portrayal of Joker to me.

I liked setting it apart for this first showing of the slow "ha ha haaaa" but he's gotta match the maniacal laughs of Ledger and Hamill.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2015-07-14 at 01:10 PM.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I liked setting it apart for this first showing of the slow "ha ha haaaa" but he's gotta match the maniacal laughs of Ledger and Hamill.
    Well let's be honest, no one can match Hamill's joker laugh. He has that thing down. Animated Series will forever be the best Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    Well let's be honest, no one can match Hamill's joker laugh. He has that thing down. Animated Series will forever be the best Batman.
    Absolutely agree, I can't think of a character that was done better than in the animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    DC should stick to animated movies, they outshine Marvel everyday with animated movies. But aside from Batman, I dont think I have liked any DC movie that's come out yet and suicide Squad looks no different, we have skinny Amanda Waller and Maralyn Manson Joker.
    Hey now....

...I liked Marilyn Manson. Such a well-spoken, highly intelligent young man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Yeah no, actually. For much of DC's superhero publication history, they've been G-rated. Golden Age and Silver Age DC comics were lighthearted, fun books aimed at kids as their primary intended audience.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather see Will Smith back as Hancock than as Deadshot...
    I wasn't thinking that far back but fair enough. I'll rephrase myself, the newer DC comics tend to be darker and more mature.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Suicide Squad; Help me out here

As someone who is not viliain savvy if you can say that.

Can someone tell me what villains are shown in this picture?