Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    This link should answer your questions! You would be counted as a Core account, so you won't see any restrictions imposed. Imagine if they reduced your character slots and some characters were lost!

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/95982157

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think it's better described as "the least limiting free trial of an MMO, ever". It's pretty clear that they took a great deal of time to figure out exactly what to limit to keep actual players from feeling too restricted, but to curb abuse from gold sellers and botters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    I've been wanting to give it a try, but never caught any of the trial periods or big discounts on the game. Excited to give it a try now, though if I like it I'll pay the subscription and avoid any micro-transactions.
    There is no subscription :P you would just need to buy Heart of Thorns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    This right here killed it for me instantly. No ability to mail? 30second whisper cool down was bad, but I do too much mailing to want that restricted. Especially if this includes even your own alts.
    Dude. Buy the game then. This is done this way to prevent botters and gold spammers. You also can't mail to yourself. That's what you have bank for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    Excited to give it a try now, though if I like it I'll pay the subscription and avoid any micro-transactions.
    There is no subscription option with GW2. You buy the game and that's it. The microtransactions are mostly cosmetic and 100% optional.

Apparently Mike O'Brian is running the show now.

"ArenaNet is taking over the publishing of Guild Wars 2.”

At that point, Johanson jumped in to comment on another Reddit conspiracy, confirming that ArenaNet does in fact have a base on the moon and that all of ArenaNet’s employees will be relocating there with him.
    http://massivelyop.com/2015/09/01/pa...e-on-the-moon/

10+ Year Old Account
    Got it the moment I heard it went free. My impressions so far:

Oh my god. That voice acting. Ick. Even worse than wow. Gameplay is very good, almost 'arcadey'. No lack of action except when you want to craft... but you get exp crafting so it isn't a waste of time! Races do little for me. Norn are about as stereotypical as you can get, Asura, while thier zone is fun they themselves are like less-fun goblins. Humans surprised me. Classes defintely break some molds. Depending on weapon combos you can get a completely different class right off the bat.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

I thought GW has always been FTP.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Oh my god. That voice acting. Ick. Even worse than wow.
    The Charr story 1-40 is the highest quality everything (writing, voice acting, etc), but yeah it's pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Evull View Post
    I thought GW has always been FTP.
    Buy to Play

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Apparently Mike O'Brian is running the show now.

http://massivelyop.com/2015/09/01/pa...e-on-the-moon/
    Uh huh! so that explains this
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Deleted
    They make GW2 core free but GW1 is still b2p... Maybe it would be a good thing for them to hire someone else (or sell rights) to do content for GW1 while making it f2p as people are saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Oh my god. That voice acting. Ick. Even worse than wow.
    WoW has voice acting? Besides the cutscenes I mean.

GW2's voice acting isn't exactly spectacular, but I'm pretty sure it has (by far) the most lines of NPC dialog happening in any MMO ever.

Overall audio, ambiance, effects, etc are also some of the most immersive I've ever experienced...play with headphones on
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2015-09-04 at 03:26 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Hm? The quests have been filled with them since Cata, and I'm not talking about the legendary questline.

I like all that disinformation about playerbase growing had suddenly ended with F2P transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I like all that disinformation about playerbase growing had suddenly ended with F2P transition.
    Well, it was still growing, and now it's growing faster. Neat how that works out.

Deleted
    It actually worked for me. Been eyeing this game for a while but never bothered since i had WoW if i wanted an MMO. Yesterday i actually started playing. Looks good enough.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well seeing the entire information without people's spin, everything seems on the up and up. The refund period was rather generous and making the base game free doesn't affect the last 3 years I've had to play at all. To think that people actually want refunds from 3 years ago b/c now what they bought is included in a new bundle is as illogical as it is disingenuous.

Best buy doesn't refund my BluRay purchase of individual Harry Potter movies b/c they bundled them into one big package. No products work that way, it would be incredibly stupid. You paid for a product, you used the product, accept personal accountability.

In any case, maybe this will bring in a handful of people that didnt want to try the game for money that will in turn purchase HoT. Great move on Anet's part.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Downloading this now, i need something other then Wow as the game is bloody desperate these days.

I'm one of the frustrated ex-wow players, and thanks to this going free, I'm trying it for the first time ever. And I'm really enjoying it! I'll play to a little higher level, and then I'll decide if I'll buy Heart of Thorns. But so far, I've been quite pleasantly surprised!

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post

GW2's voice acting isn't exactly spectacular, but I'm pretty sure it has (by far) the most lines of NPC dialog happening in any MMO ever.
    Lol.. have you ever played SWTOR?