Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mythic Iskar Questions

Hey guys! Our raid team is 7/13 Mythic and about to start on Iskar - any tips?

Update: He's dead! Thank you all.
    Last edited by Broccoliz; 2015-11-12 at 11:02 PM.

I can answer point 2, at least on normal/heroic, mw are considered melee for chakram purposes and chakram goes ranged > melee > tank.

Shouldn't change on mithic.

1: We just had people with immunities or strong defensives do it, not a huge deal tbh.

2: MW counts as melee for Chakrams.

3: What we do is save everything for the first mythic add, go ham on it with ring + all CDs and it dies just after the ring explosion(we're too lazy to keep it out of the pile), 2nd one we wait for the legendary ring and use that + pots(and any CDs that are up by then), and in the last air phase ranged go nuke the boss with Lust and melee just sort of hit whatever we want until the boss lands(if it does)

4: We usually run with something like 8-12 ranged and it works just fine, the boss doesn't have to die in the air, you can just finish him when he lands(need to deal with the normal add mechanics, but just stay spread and don't break the chains from the mythic add)

5: The Focused Blast should still hit most(or at least "enough") people unless you're spreading way too much, can always use defensives/Devo Aura to make sure. And if it doesn't hit enough people, it won't kill enough to cause a wipe so late in the fight anyway.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2015-11-02 at 11:01 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

1) Bit situational. We use a mixture of standing in it and kiting. I'm a S/priest. If I have dispersion I soak it. Otherwise I kite it. Healers tend to soak it because they can spam themselves. I'm less trusting :P
    2) Correct. Classes like priests can guise it and it doesn't hit anyone. It's very useful.
    3) You need to work out on a class by class basis who will benefit from what. As an example I just burn the mythic add under the ring. Our warrior bladestorms the crap out of everything to make the ring explosion bigger. Just make sure you have one tank drag that add and that add only out for the explosion.
    4) 8 ranged is more than enough. Have your melee aoe their nuts off on the adds and get the ring to explode on the boss.
    5) You don't "stack" for focussed blast. It hits a "lane" if you like. Just be in that lane. Spread 6 yards when the chains go out and kite the fire smartly (ie dont run it through the whole ranged group forcing people to move etc).

Our first kill was this week and the boss died 5 seconds after landing. To be honest if you get through the second intermission in good shape and don't have people panic in the last one its a kill.

Deleted
    I wouldn't expect the "stand in the fire" strategy to be widely known if Method didn't include it in their youtube video. It sounds like something someone with extremely optimal healers would do. Alternatively they may have omitted to mention they used defensives, thinking they take it for granted.

We have people soak fire.

You can either use cooldowns on the pull and group 2 and lust at the end, Making the first 2 sets of adds a little tighter checks, or you can save cooldowns for the first add, use lust on the second, and have cooldowns up for the third set burn, making the add checks a little more lenient but drawing out the end of the fight a little.

Woah what, the legendary ring is a meteor effect? But that changes everything!

Our strategy was kind of like Tradu's. Note that we had our ranged on one side of the room, and after the intermission(s) we'd swap sides (to make fire less of a thing).

In terms of relevant damage, I do think saving everything that's over a 1min CD for the intermissions is worth it. Waiting with second intermission until ring is ready again after the first. Make sure to drag out the Phantasmal add so the ring ONLY hits that one, and that people priority target it. (If you really want to min-max, have a ranged use the ring. Make them move to a set location. Keep the Phantasmal add together with the other mobs for AoE goodness and drag it towards the ring user just before the ring is about to explode). As long as people are focusing the add and the ring solo-hits it, it should easily die before the chains is cast.

Regarding the ring, please note that in order for it to hit the boss in the third intermission if you're ignoring the adds, you will have to have a hunter disengage out with it (or the alike). You'll need to either sacrifice them or have a grip ready.

It's pretty easy to deal with the Focused Blast. Taking the third intermission as an example: Your ranged DPS will not have to spread before the Focused Blast is cast; Chains is always cast after the first cast (with enough time to spread). If your ranged are in boss-range for the last intermission, it's crucial that they move towards the centre just before the Focused Blast; if it hits only 5-6 players it's extremely likely to kill all of them.

Finally, if your raid is not very strong at multi-tasking/clutch moments/panic, you can just ignore the chains in the last intermissions. Just don't pass them the eye to deal with the mechanic, simply deal with everything else, let the debuffs run out and they will die. The boss should be dead, or close to dead, at this point anyway.

PS: protip for passing the eye. If you send it to group 1 first, then work your way down, it's very predictable who is going to get the eye next, letting people prepare to get it and know who to send it to next. Make sure to throw the eye just before the Shadow Riposte, so it won't drop to the floor at awkward times.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

Deleted
    1) Soak it, its easier to heal the dmg than to run around the fire.
    2)range>melee>tank
    3) Always use all cds<2min+ring and the 3min cds on 1+3. If you have problems with 2. add use pot there.
    4) 10ranges should be okay but don't forget to use the pot for boss if you go for that tactic.
    5) If you ignore the last adds tell your healer to not give the eye to someone else than the maintank to interrupt the construct.
    Chains will just stay spread and the boss will die before they explode.
    The 2nd tank has to tank the raven ~30 yards away from the raid so the beam won't kill the raid.

Personally the way i've done it in both guilds I help raid lead. No CDs at all until air phase. Pop everything and just rape black bird. Ring blows up on everything doesn't matter add it dead. Wait to push to 45% until ring is up again. Repeat blow everything single target Black Bird first. 20% push with ring up and lust and kill it in the air. Melee just cleave all the adds for ring on boss.

Person popping ring needs to stand on the very edge and adds need to be tanked away so it only hits boss.

As everyone said just try to stand in the fire so it doesn't move all around.

MW are melee for this mechanic.

We did it with 5 melee last night in my weekend guild I do on my hunter. Boss came down at like 2.2%.

If ignoring adds in 3rd air phase. Everyone stack on edge in front of boss. Spread after first blast until it picks the 6 ppl everyone else stack and those six ppl spread behind the raid so focus still hits everyone.
    Last edited by Jellospally; 2015-11-03 at 01:03 AM.

1) Soak it. Anybody. You don't even need any CDs for it (of course you could/should use it) - it's not that much damage and can easily be healed through and is much more controlled.

2) Ranged -> Melee -> Tank. Dunno about MW.

3) Don't use 2min CDs on pull. Boss damage during ground phase is really irrelevant.
    1st intermission: pop CDs, pop Ring and unleash hell on the Echo
    (delay 2nd intermission if necessary)
    2nd intermission: pop CDs, pop Ring, again singletarget-burst Echo
    3rd intermission: all ranged go to edge of the room (spread!), nuke boss with Lust + CDs + Ring (used by ranged on edge) + 2nd Pot, Melees must AoE the adds as hard as possible for bigger Ring explosion on boss
    GG.

4) Your setup is fine. You still have time even after he lands and chains are up. Just make sure your raid is spread because chains and just zerg it down.

5) Don't remember exactly. See above, in case of doubt: spam as much DPS as possible and just zerg it. Should be no problem with current ilvl's Our first kill was really close with one tank last-man-standing but who cares, really.

The 2nd add is usually pretty tight to kill before the Chains cast finishes. We use 2nd potions here and I believe stampedes as well.

We've never soaked the fire and have never wiped due to this mechanic, though it can get kind of dicey when winds + chakram + fire lines are all out at the same time. I suppose soaking it is "easier" but moving out of it doesn't make the fight needlessly complicated either.

We're probably in the minority here but when we found we couldn't reliably kill the phantasmal resonance before chains we switched to something completely different. We actually kill the corrupted talonpriest first with all cooldowns in intermission 1+2. That way the eye starts on a healer who does the first dispel then it's thrown to bindings who can deal with it without having to do panicked tossing. We've never gotten a second bindings killing the resonance second so killing it first doesn't make the phase any less complex for us.

Honestly the dps requirement to just zerg the boss in the last intermission can be very low. We bloodlust in the second intermission to make it more reliable because the final burn is so easy. If one tank takes the raven off to the side and then the healer and warden tank just toss it back and forth you can take forever to kill the boss. Ignore winds, ignore bindings. We've had the boss come down at 10% and still killed it.

We killed the fight a few pulls after switching to this and we find this very reliable and almost never wipe on Iskar farming.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2015-11-03 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    Hey guys! Our raid team is 7/13 Mythic and about to start on Iskar.

I have a few questions about the encounter before we begin. We quickly did about 5 pulls at the end of a raid night, but did not manage to get the mythic add down before chains were sent out.

1) Fire soaking - do you prefer people soak the fire or kite it? Can every class soak it and live with focused heals? It seemed to be hurting a lot, wasn't sure if it was worth it or not.

2) Chakram goes to ranged first, then melee, then tank, is that correct? Side related question, we had a holy pally and a MWer both get targeted, is MWer considered melee (I know sometimes they are for mechanics, sometimes they aren't)?

3) In order to successfully burn the mythic add before chains, what CDs should we be using? Here is my current plan.
    - 3 min CDs on pull
    - First intermission: Ring used ONLY on mythic add
    - Second intermission: Ring used on all adds + 2nd potions + 3 min CDs
    - Third Intermission: Ring used on all adds + hero (OR see question #4)

4) I know people have suggested ignoring the adds on the third intermission, and just having the range burn down the boss. How many range is required for this strat to work? We have at minimum, sometimes more depending on who can make it that week, 1 spriest, 3 hunters, 1 boomkin, 1 warlock, 1 mage, and 1 ele sham. Potential for another spriest and another boomkin.

5) IF we do ignore adds third intermission, everyone spreads out and you can have a range pop ring and explode on boss - do you have to burn him before focused blast, or will someone die if focused blast goes out (as everyone is spread)?

Thanks for the help! We're looking forward to going back to Iskar prepared and ready to get him down
    1) It depends, it's mostly up to ppl personal feel, we had simple tought in mind, try to soak foire but if u feel you will die then just kite it. I know it not perfect solution but worked for us.

2) Don't worry about it to much just make sure melee don't get struck when chakram goes back to Boss, and have ppl with chakram move to one side of the room (and tell them to not be very close to each other)

3) We did it taking in mind this whole fight is not dps race
    1st intermission - 3min CD + Ring on all adds
    2nd intermission - Bloodlust + Ring on all adds
    3rd intermission - 3min CD + Ring on Boss (ignore adds, ranged pop ring and melee hit as hard AOr on other adds as possible to stack ring explosion)
    Even if boss don;t die in Air and lands don;t worry just switch melee to him now and it should be dead worked for us.
    4) we had 2 Boomkin, 2 hunters, 2 Warlocks, 1 ele Shaman So u should be fine if all of them make to the last phase.
    5) You can spread shortly after cast of chains starts. And ranged move to the balcony when Iskar is and melee with adds will be behind them everyone will be in line so Blast should not be a problem. Again worked for us.

our logs :https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...MvrPTF#fight=3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    3) In order to successfully burn the mythic add before chains, what CDs should we be using? Here is my current plan.
    - 3 min CDs on pull
    - First intermission: Ring used ONLY on mythic add
    - Second intermission: Ring used on all adds + 2nd potions + 3 min CDs
    - Third Intermission: Ring used on all adds + hero (OR see question #4)
    This is exactly how we do it. We don't bother with waiting for transitions or killing the boss in the airphase at third intermission. Works very well if everybody does pure single target damage to the resonance. Can fail miserably if some people want to cheese and aoe, because ring ist not (or only partially) up for the mythic add at intermission 2 and 3.

We are also tanking the fire with a cd from a healpally.

Deleted
    To reitirate, the 'DPS check' is to make sure you kill whichever ability you don't want to coincide with the winds that come after add phase. You will have to test which works out best for your DPS but i think the most common is the kill Phantasmal then priest(having fel conduit go through isn't that big of a deal if its the only add up), as that just makes the fight same as on heroic and you don't have to rely on your DPS to have brains(90% of our DPS are imbesils that need to be carried through basic shit QQ). I like Nitros comment about boss coming down at 10% and still being able to kill it, so true .

And yeah, i've told you this before, but i found it easiest to have tanks keep the eye, at riposte you throw it to other tank, and after every wind they throw it back to tank. Damage on tanks isn't really that high on this fight and since you're using rings on addphase, it's pretty simple to cover add phases with own personals, so having higher stacks from the eye doesn't really make a dent to their health and everyone else can focus on dps/healing.

Also you don't need externals cds to keep people up in the fire, but as said, you don't have to do it this way but there isn't really that much else to heal in this fight other than chakrams so i can't see healing output being an issue.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Alright so this is how we've killed it;

1) Soak the fire. You can never soak it on the spot it spawns since there is like a 2 second delay after it starts moving toward the raid before naming the target, the raid needs to watch out for this and move accordingly while the named player moves into the fire. This lucky one will need to be using a personal (or have it cheesed with a disc priest). This can be more difficult to do in the intermission since focused blast may distract the healers/combo so communicate and make sure you're topped off while you're soaking.

2) Far as I know chakram will just target 3 of each and fire off at the same time, wasn't aware of any order. Easily manageable by assigning raid markers for each or if you're lucky the target will have a way of negating it (spectral guise for example).

3) Seems fine to me. Just make sure that the add is dead before chains are cast.

4/5) Range ignore all adds and move towards the boss near the edge of the platform and you pop everything you have in point 3 to nuke the boss. You can all loosely stack around this area (stay 6 yards apart for chains) and the focused blast should be fine. I'd say bring as many range as you can and 3 heal it if possible, that being said, you may want to stop dps before transitioning into the 2nd intermission to ensure that you have the ring etc off CD, same with the 3rd (depending on how high your dps is ofc).

Good luck .

As long as you can kill the new add before it casts the chains, the fight is basically identical to HC. The first few bosses after Gorefiend are a bit of a letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    As long as you can kill the new add before it casts the chains, the fight is basically identical to HC. The first few bosses after Gorefiend are a bit of a letdown.
    It's not really.
    He does the spell that knocks the eye out of your inventory if you don't throw it.
    You have to periodically pass the eye so you don't end up with too much of the stacking debuff from holding it.
    You can't have 1 tank and 1 healer do all the interrupts / dispels because of the above.

On HC unless you were the designated interrupt/dispel you would never get the eye unless you got winds.
    On M it's almost a dead certainty you will have the eye for a period of time regardless of winds.