Poll: Can Donald Trump actually win?

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Around 134 million Americans are creationists. A minority, but not insignificant
    Where'd you get that number from? Frightening, considering that is more than the population of Japan.

It is a really long race still. While I have to agree that Trump's rise and how long he has held the lead has surprised just about everyone, but the fact remains as I look at him it is more or less completely hype / appeal to the drama. He has no real policy. No real plan. It is very reality TV like and we all know that reality TV has this tendency to come on strong, be popular, and then suddenly ends you forget it pretty quickly. But it doesn't mean he really doesn't have a chance though. Popularity and wealth appeal to a lot of people of ignorance. In particular when it comes to the Republican party which is more or less filled with people that vote against their financial and well being for their small time passions (guns,babies,race). Tie that with the Democrats really not having a strong player so far. Hillary doesn't really seem to want it but rather just seems to expect it. Suddenly it does look like Trump could win because of all the tiny bullshit stacks are lining up. Sadly.

Around 134 million Americans are creationists. A minority, but not insignificant
    Just because you are a "creationist," doesn't mean you don't believe in evolution. I have heard some creationists postulate that it was God that created the Big Bang. They believe in all scientific theory, but believe God was the starting point. So they would believe in evolution.

He may win the republican primary but he won't be president of the united states.

The Huffington Post is hardly an accurate source, it is a left wing site (basically the Fox news of the left). It is hard to take sites that have such a hard line stance (in either direction) seriously because they obviously have an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    The Huffington Post is hardly an accurate source, it is a left wing site (basically the Fox news of the left). It is hard to take sites that have such a hard line stance (in either direction) seriously because they obviously have an agenda.
    Is Gallup neutral-ish?
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/170822/be...n-origins.aspx

I ask as I legitimately don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    The data is from a Gallup poll, Huffington Post is only reporting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Huffington Post is hardly an accurate source, it is a left wing site (basically the Fox news of the left)
    What left?

It's a corporate media outlet. They all have the same inherent bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Who cares how many people don't believe in evolution? Previous generations were more creationist and they got shit done.

Let me guess, people who believe in Bible are STOOPID, right? Yet the current generation of kids who are more atheistic and don't attend church are dumber than prior generations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    What left?

This has got to be parody.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    What left?

Are you serious with this post?

Quote Originally Posted by vetinari View Post
    The country with the most xenophobic immigration policy out of all developed countries is wondering why a country that has had de-facto open borders is willing to vote for someone, anyone who says "no, we've had enough of this shit".

Because for most people, the idea that "real wages increased for farm workers by 0.6%, therefore we must have more immigration" isn't just insane, its evil.

http://www.renewoureconomy.org/resea...merican-farms/

Thats a report from a pro-immigration business lobbying group: real wages for farm laborers have increased by 0.6%pa over the last decade as farmers try to attract labor. NATIONAL CRISIS.
    Japan might be up there but is by far not the "most" xenophobic collection of immigration policies out there. The USA, currently, sits very comfortably in the top 5 with Japan, most likely.

There are plenty of other candidates who have plans that are based in reality, that they've actually detailed for voters, for addressing illegal immigration in your country, and you want to pick out the (quite literally) dumbest one who's only thing of note brought up in the discussion is about building a wall and mass deporting?

I watched an interview between Bill o'riley and Donald Trump talking about this very subject, and even he (it absolutely drives me up the wall that I can dare say I take BOR's side on anything) thought that Trump was talking nonsense. We are talking about the most rightest of wing, the reddest of the red, this man.
    Last edited by Zipzo; 2015-08-30 at 08:06 AM.

The Donald might believe in evolution. He's from New York, that's about as left as you can get in the US.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Go ahead. Show your work.

Edit: Ah, I see your link further down. I think that number is highly conflated. I live in a fairly conservative region of the country with a lot of the "traditional values" types, and there really isn't a lot of science-denying to be found. I can't imagine less-conservative areas of the country having the a higher percentage of strictly-Biblical creationists.

Also, religious leanings doesn't exclude belief in science. I am a Christian, and I understand the merits of evolution as a scientific theory.
    Last edited by Lakrin; 2015-08-30 at 08:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    Who cares how many people don't believe in evolution? Previous generations were more creationist and they got shit done.
    Accepting a fundamentally incorrect notion as demonstrated fact calls into question your ability to rationally assess things, unfortunately.

Let me guess, people who believe in Bible are STOOPID, right? Yet the current generation of kids who are more atheistic and don't attend church are dumber than prior generations.
    They aren't, point in fact.

This has got to be parody.
    It isn't.

Corporate anything exists for one primary reason; to make maximum profit at minimum cost. If they have a bias it is because it is profitable for them to do so; but it when it comes to 'agenda' they are going to support policy that is pro-business, which tends to be right wing.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Is Gallup neutral-ish?

I ask as I legitimately don't know.
    I will accept gallup, though I am not big on polls in general. I would also believe that just because a person is religious does not mean that they aren't intelligent. Religion is a deeply personal thing in a lot of ways. It deals with life/death, family, community, tradition, etc. People are religious for a host of different reasons, I won't judge them on it.

Man I hope he doesn't win, he seems like a grade A moron.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will accept gallup, though I am not big on polls in general. I would also believe that just because a person is religious does not mean that they aren't intelligent. Religion is a deeply personal thing in a lot of ways. It deals with life/death, family, community, tradition, etc. People are religious for a host of different reasons, I won't judge them on it.
    I, however, do.

They might be intelligent, but it doesn't render them any less susceptible to doublethink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakrin View Post
    Go ahead. Show your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post

The ones who believe in a literal interpretation are indeed stupid. And we should care that almost half the country thinks evolution is wrong, because it explains the numerous attempts to sabotage science education by injecting ID and related nonsense into the classroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The ones who believe in a literal interpretation are indeed stupid. And we should care that almost half the country thinks evolution is wrong, because it explains the numerous attempts to sabotage science education by injecting ID and related nonsense into the classroom.
    To say nothing of anti-vaxxers and climate change deniers.