Thread: WOW fps issue

WOW fps issue

Last week i bought a fairly good new pc. It was running smooth on ultra in most games, including wow and far cry 4. The past few days i've had some issues with wow though. While i previously ran wow at 100-120 fps on ultra, i am now getting "high" as reccomended settings, and seeing 30-40 fps with lagspikes even below high settings. I was recording in raids on ultra with no problems a few days ago.

I am running Windows 10, don't know if there are still some optimazation issues with some software im running that can cause this.

I have a Skylake i5 6600k clocked at 4,2Ghz. Asus Geforce GTX 970. 16 gigs of DDR4 memory. 2x 250gb SSDs.

Solved: My motherboard software (Asus AI suite) was forcing power saving mode, even though it was set to "performance"
    Last edited by prudi; 2015-08-30 at 01:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking while you were in a raid you noticed that it was 30-40 fps while in the world it's 100-120 fps. Either that or you installed recount which can cause massive problems in performance in raids.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah those are definitely the only two possible issues. ������

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't tested the latest Nvidia drivers 355.82 that were released today however, I was using the 355.60 drivers which seemed to lock the max fps at 60 even with v-sync disabled. When I rolled the driver back to the previous 353.62 version I was back to getting 189fps no v-sync.