Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I understand they like wow better and thats why I think it will do what would appears to be decently well in international markets. Double or even triple domestic market revenue, like I put in my comparisons.

What I don't think it will do is be a good seller overall. Many movies make more than they spent but still considered a flop. Legendary is making both films so expect similar marketing. I just don't see the outcome being all that great given past experiences with games to movies. It will make it's money back but be no more special than the 2 I listed already. Hell, if it makes more the eragon, I'd be surprised and that wasn't a game to movie adaption but had a large worldwide fan base off the first book. Movie people just have a tendency to screw things up. You can search for those threads that already have lines of thinking on how things are being screwed up in the wow movie. BUT here is the real kicker, you don't have to believe those ideas for them to be present and spread about. Just like wow being nothing more than another game turn movie. It's an unavoidable situation and comparison.
    The video game movie argument doesn't really hold up. Just because others did it badly doesn't mean someone can't do it well. Fantasy and superhero movies were once in the exact same place, but now they're pretty standard. All it takes is one breakthrough movie and considering the amount of effort that went into Warcraft being a faithful adaptation, there's a good chance this could be the breakthrough for video game movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Orcs in WoW are way more human like than Orcs in LotR. For starters they are living beings and not creatures drawn out of dark magic.
    He meant physically, LotR orcs are human sized. Warcraft orcs are almost the same size and proportions as Hulk.

Darn; since I saw the trailer at Blizzcon, it seems that Gul'dan now has the dubious glowing eye problem too!

Also, WORKING LINK https://d.maxfile.ro/uledfhjnsm.mp4

- - - Updated - - -

TOO MANY COLORFUL SPELL EFFECTS

Not sure how people can love or hate it from blurry phone footage.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Not sure how people can love or hate it from blurry phone footage.
    There was only one shot that stuck out like a sore thumb, and it was the one with Medivh on a hill with a really awkward greenscreened background that didn't fit. Otherwise, everything else looked fine, even at max level blurriness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    frankly I like it, I just hope the colors will be a bit more warcrafty in the released version... they seem a bit gloomy for warcraft.

Why does it feel like this leak barely got any buzz? And personally, this leak brought my expectations down for the film. Legendary needs to see that we aren't pleased so far with these horrible leaks. Not a good start for buzz in my opinion, release the damn thing already it looks finished!

Deleted
    I think people vastly underestimate the WoW following globally.

WoW's had tens of millions of poeple play it, and millions were playing Warcraft's RTS series before that. It's pretty much guaranteed that those people, now mostly young adults with plenty disposable income, will all go to see the movie at least once. Someone do the math pls

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vezu View Post
    I think people vastly underestimate the WoW following globally.

WoW's had tens of millions of poeple play it, and millions were playing Warcraft's RTS series before that. It's pretty much guaranteed that those people, now mostly young adults with plenty disposable income, will all go to see the movie at least once. Someone do the math pls
    If all 100m people that played WoW see it, it will prob be in the top 20 grossing movies of all time. I doubt that will happen though.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Oh, and btw, Amazon announced the book about making of Warcraft Movie.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/books/dp/160...words=Warcraft
    156 pages, Concept Arts, photos, encyclopedia about characters and events, interviews with cast and crew members.

Dalaran in HQ

Looks cool.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2015-09-03 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    People seriously complain about this? Imo it looked amazing for the shitty quality that it is. The WoW community has perhaps the biggest saturation of crybabies in the gaming industry.
    Stop disliking things I like!

I thought it looked pretty cheap, too much CGI for my tastes.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh