Brewmastering through time ....

So next week timewalking starts again and I'm curious about what folks think the best gear would be for tanking TW dungeons as a Brewmaster.

Gear-wise we're probably best off with heirlooms, provided of course you don't own a set of tier gear from WoD.

For non-heirloom spots (hands, belt, bracers, boots) just go with anything that has gem slots up the wazoo.

For trinkets I think the heirloom touch of the void.

Where I'm most curious though are the weapons. The strongest weapons tend to be the ones from Deathwing, they scale down nicely and the procs are excellent. But I'm really debating which weapons would be the best to use:

Do we go rather traditional and stick with http://www.wowhead.com/item=77194/kiril-fury-of-beasts? Which has that awesome 60 agility and 60% size increase?

Or are we better off with http://www.wowhead.com/item=77193/souldrinker? Specifically dual wielding Souldrinker, with monk's high attack speed and crit I can see some amazing damage and self healing going on from them.

Opinions? Thoughts?

Legendary dps cloak and touch of void and /laugh at everything that dies in seconds.

Not challenge modes, they are a joke no need to min max anything. The difference will be a boss lasting 25 seconds vs 30 seconds.

I'd use kiril, just cause I'd rather have more agi than more selfheal. Soul drinker only applies on your target (and 1.5% of a dungeon mob sounds like almost nothing, even if the proc rate is good), making it pretty worthless for aoeing, which is what you're doing 90% of the time in timewalks.
    Touch of the void has 2min cd, might want to use Mirror if you have one. I'd not stack both since, while you're likely to instantly kill the pack you use both on, you're also likely to waste most of the uptime of one of them, and benefit more from a trinket like Evergaze Arcane Eidolon.
    I don't think any of the setbonuses for BrM are worth bothering, but T14 is probably the best.
    Everything else is just a stat stick, aim for max amount of gem slots, BonusArmor > Crit > Mastery.

However, try to find some good dps to do it with you - their setbonuses and gearing choices will matter much more than yours to get faster clearing times.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirne View Post
    I'd use kiril, just cause I'd rather have more agi than more selfheal. Soul drinker only applies on your target (and 1.5% of a dungeon mob sounds like almost nothing, even if the proc rate is good), making it pretty worthless for aoeing, which is what you're doing 90% of the time in timewalks.
    Touch of the void has 2min cd, might want to use Mirror if you have one. I'd not stack both since, while you're likely to instantly kill the pack you use both on, you're also likely to waste most of the uptime of one of them, and benefit more from a trinket like Evergaze Arcane Eidolon.
    I don't think any of the setbonuses for BrM are worth bothering, but T14 is probably the best.
    Everything else is just a stat stick, aim for max amount of gem slots, BonusArmor > Crit > Mastery.

However, try to find some good dps to do it with you - their setbonuses and gearing choices will matter much more than yours to get faster clearing times.
    Regarding Souldrinker that's 1.5% of YOUR hp as damage. So if you have 3,000 HP that's a 45 damage hit and 90 HP heal. I'm not entirely sure what my timewalking health is though, but if you've just got a straight stamina gem-loadout on your gear it could be pretty significant.

for WotLK dungeons I'm sitting at 40k HP, so that'd be a 600 hit. I'd be guessing at the proc rate though, and affected by auto-attack swing timer I'm not one to do the maths for an overall "DPS" number.

I have been using Kiril and it seems pretty solid. Averaging (for WotLK dungeons) about 6-9k dps on trash and 3-6k on bosses. Sucks that I beat 95% of the DPS players every run!