Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's amazing how many people scream and yell first and second amendment rights for their "freedom" ... but ignore the rest of the constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    So.. Fuck the 14th ammendment, am I right?! ... I hope those in charge get fired for breaking the law, like they should.
    You mean like not enforcing the border laws? I mean really teh illigal immigrants were marching in the Streets, why did not gov't simply pick them and deport them? Just look at the arrogance of these people, They believe its their right to be there. NOT even liberals believe that is a RIGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    You mean like not enforcing the border laws? I mean really teh illigal immigrants were marching in the Streets, why did not gov't simply pick them and deport them? Just look at the arrogance of these people, They believe its their right to be there. NOT even liberals believe that is a RIGHT.
    Due process.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Due process.
    You can pick them up and check them, giving due process. Since, they don't have any documentation to be here. The case would be over in minutes. Unless You liberalize the court process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Curious, if someone gave birth on the opposite side of the border, at the border, does that child become a citizen of that country or must it be documented at a hospital ?
    The former, assuming you're talking about the Canada-US or Mexico-US border. All three nations have unconditional birthright citizenship as law.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Funny thing is 90% of the people who are in this country wouldn't be if it wasn't for immigrants.

Also ur from Sweden sooo.
    90% didn't stream across the Mexican boarder, most came through Ellis Island like they had to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Due process.
    Illegals don't get any, they need the boot right away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Illegals don't get any, they need the boot right away.
    You need due process to determine their illegality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

You can pick them up and check them, giving due process. Since, they don't have any documentation to be here. The case would be over in minutes. Unless You liberalize the court process.
    They still have to go through an immigration court. Turns out mass arrests and processing requires a lot of resources. I'd rather they work on people who are actually a danger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Due process.
    Based on my immigration status, if I am stopped and cannot produce my visa papers, I am vulnerable to deportation. In the case of a non-citizen, the situation reverses; one must produce the means to prove their status as a legal inhabitant, as opposed to prosecution producing evidence otherwise.

They still have to go through an immigration court. Turns out mass arrests and processing requires a lot of resources. I'd rather they work on people who are actually a danger.
    Processing should not take that long. Simply ask to produce documentation. If they don't have it, they are illigals. Simple as that. Let us be honest here, It is NOT your tax money. You don't pay much tax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Based on my immigration status, if I am stopped and cannot produce my visa papers, I am vulnerable to deportation. In the case of a non-citizen, the situation reverses; one must produce the means to prove their status as a legal inhabitant, as opposed to prosecution producing evidence otherwise.
    Sure.

What happens when they start targeting Hispanic citizens.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    You need due process to determine their illegality.
    Not for illegals, no due process get booted hard. That there should be the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    That's largely because illegal residence is an incredibly minor infraction. But that doesn't mean you don't have to go through due process, it just means the due process is different. Takes a lot of resources to process all those people if you're just rounding them up off the street.

10+ Year Old Account
    Processing should not take that long. Simply ask to produce documentation. If they don't have it, they are illigals.
    Or Hispanic citizens of the US who happen not to carry their passports.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Not for illegals, no due process get booted hard. That there should be the law.
    How do you determine if they are illegal immigrants.

These entire fiasco would have solved, if there was A LIBERAL tax. Tax on ALL liberals, who support letting them stay here. Why don't liberals support that? After that, we can work on open border for skilled workers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Sure.

What happens when they start targeting Hispanic citizens.
    Was less stating that immigrants don't get due process, and more that due process does not work the same way in immigrant courts as it does for regular courts.

Processing should not take that long. Simply ask to produce documentation. If they don't have it, they are illigals. Simple as that.
    So let's say you round up a ton of people in a protest. First you have to sort the citizens from the illegals. Then you have to find out where to hold them. Figure out where they're from. Arrange transport. Make sure you're not sending them back in to the middle of a war zone etc etc. And do that for hundreds or thousands of people at a time in the case of mass round ups during a public event. So yeah. Its not simple. It takes resources and budgets aren't unlimited.

10+ Year Old Account
    These entire fiasco would have solved, if there was A LIBERAL tax. Tax on ALL liberals, who support letting them stay here. Why don't liberals support that? After that, we can work on open border for skilled workers.
    There is already a liberal tax.

Which states do you think contribute the lion's share of federal tax dollars?

10+ Year Old Account
    How are you going to determine who is illegal without due process? a 5 min check isnt going to be enough to determine an illegal form a legal who forgot their papers at home.