trading post - worth it?

well, thinking on swapping barn or frostwall tavern for trading post..

already got bank at lvl 3, and i have acess to lvl 3 tp bp..

barn is where i get gold, also use the leathers for my lw hut..

tp is good to get foods and i can make ah there, so no need to go to warspear for that

any suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    This late in the expansion? Probably not. If you really want the mats that come with it go for it but other than that I'd say no. The AH machine isn't worth it IMO just because of all the crap you need to even activate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If you're trying to get reps done 100% worth it. The 20% boost let me get Tanaan diplomat done fairly quickly.
    pathfinder already did long time..

also i have some gr problems because of ships (right now i am at 6k, but there time i was with only 700)

Inn is mandatory for treasure missions/free money and the trading post is nice but not mandatory to spend excess garrison resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Barn and trading post (if you plan on getting AH). The gold missions from the Inn are very underwhelming but it's still better than nothing I guess.

Deleted
    waste of time so late in the expansion :/

I run 8 of 9 toons with trading post, all my 9 toons have minimum 5 followers with scavenger. they alone provide my toons all the raw mats need to do profession dailies and work orders. A place to spend all those garrison resources. One has a barn but think I am going to rip it down and put in trading post

Deleted
    I think it is worth it because of the Reputation bonus you get, if you want the Path Finder

Not sure about it now, but Trading Post was awesome from the get go due to the garrison resources trader, made tons of gold. Also, having access to the Laughing Skull (as horde) was essential :P

If you're doing it for gold, keep your current set up. Spend you Resources on Barn Rush Orders, assuming you got a Skinner working at your barn then you'll have a 100% chance for a Savage Blood per work order. Pending what your Bloods / Fur / Leather is going for you're basically doing a 1:1 resource to gold conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    If you're doing it for gold, keep your current set up. Spend you Resources on Barn Rush Orders, assuming you got a Skinner working at your barn then you'll have a 100% chance for a Savage Blood per work order. Pending what your Bloods / Fur / Leather is going for you're basically doing a 1:1 resource to gold conversion.
    actually on my server leather/fur is cheap (174g stack 200 / 230g stack 200 as of yesterday) bloods is going for 90g +- (sometimes its a little more expensive)

but the 125 foods is really expensive here, so, if i get fish trader i can make a lot of golds

It's a good sink for excess GR. Pretty much the only good sink for them really. In general I would advise having a L3 Trading Post if you don't have a specific need for some other building.

I always have too much ressources on my alts - so I use the trading post to cook my food or sell material for gold. So in short: yes, it's nice and worth it. But you are pretty late to the party with this thing.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    having the auction house in my garrison has literally made this expansion the best for me. i fucking love it. plus its my main source of GR besides scavengers. plus it pretty much gives me all the resources i need for professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

I run the Inn until I have enough followers for treasure/scavenger missions, then I tear it down and put up the trading post. Barn plus in = 100+ gold every 4 hours from savage blood, plus trading in resources for running the level 3 enchanter's hut. It's free gold, and more gold than the inn treasure missions could ever bring in.

I was very weary for the trading post because of how grindy I thought the bot would be. But then I got around to leveling alts and it was a breeze. if you buy the level 2 Trading Post with the Gorgrond book, you will end up getting a lot of parts by just doing quests. I still dropped around 150k on the Ashran parts though, because fuck that.

Also, keep the Inn if you're the kind of person that sits AFK in their garrison 90% of the time. Otherwise the Barn will pay out more.
    When work feels overwhelming, remember that you're going to die.

Deleted
    trading post will be worth it in it's current shape next expansion. Bags and mounts/pets are usually the only things you can sell from former expansion in the new one.
    So with trading post you can get fur for free from trading post which means cost for making bags will be really low and the bags will still sell.

Deleted
    I got one trading post with AH build on my main character + Inn, and Barn + Inn on all the alts.
    It's fairly effective. With 8 characters all inns + 10 TH followers I'm making 50-55k a week from command table. Not too shabby. On one character the inn won't make big difference but on 5, 10 or 30 characters it will.

TLR

If you have all the Draenor reps exalted including Laughing Skull, the trading post is fairly useless, and you could/should easily swap it for almost anything else.

Deleted
    As a raider, the trading post was nice for 125 food