Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    Honestly... the whole 'alternate timeline/dimension' thing really destroyed the lore, for me

I have no idea how anything fits with anything else, anymore.
    It didn't destroy the lore. You're being silly. We're on our Azeroth. The devs never said it wasn't.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Illidan has also been used as a pawn of the Legion on several occasions. I guess we'll see how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Then he's an idiot. If he saw our timeline, he'd see how bad ass we are. We literally beat Sargera's avatar, we beat several attempted Legion invasions, we beat Illidan himself, we beat Arthas and his LK transformation, we beat Deathwing even after being fused with demonic energies, hell we even went into his timeline and beat the shit out of everyone there.... We beat tons of world perils and persevered through them all.

If I was him, I'd stay the fuck away from our timeline and try to invade another timeline/world instead...
    He saw all that and thought to himself "meh, gameplay-lore segregation".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    Honestly... the whole 'alternate timeline/dimension' thing really destroyed the lore, for me

I have no idea how anything fits with anything else, anymore.
    Everything tied up at the end of WoD, all the alternate timeline stuff was confined to Draenor. The only spillover is that Gul'dan is back in our timeline, at least for now (I suspect we'll kill him early on, like Garrosh in WoD, he's just here to get the ball rolling).

Possibly Yrel will come across too, remains to be seen. Oh and our Maraad died, if anyone gave a rat's ass about him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    it doesnt look like he is using him

http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/wp-c...anvsGuldan.png
    It's Illidan. Like he's going to take being used as a catspaw lying down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

mmm dont know, with that resolution, it looks like Illidan is jumping to Guldan and trying to hug him "Daddy"!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a mystery!

we do not know.

Lets find out shall we? Guldan is a conniving monster with plans over plans like an old god.

The Legion website says: "The Tomb of Sargeras has been reopened, and the demons of the Burning Legion pour into our world. Their full, terrifying might is fixed on summoning the Dark Titan to Azeroth—and they’ve already located the key to his return." We also know that this expansion references places like Black Rook Hold, which had previously only appeared in the War of the Ancients trilogy, so it stands to reason they'll be pulling lore from it. In those novels, it was Sargeras himself who empowered Illidan and caused him to lose his eyes.

My guess is that there is some Sargeras energy dormant in Illidan that the Burning Legion can use to bring Sargeras back, and Illidan is the "key" mentioned on the website.

In fact, I'd even guess they succeed, as it would definitely make it the biggest Legion invasion ever. It could even be the pre-event. We go down there to stop their portal, find out Illidan's attached to it like Gul'dan in Warlords of Draenor, but we only manage to save him after it's too late, and that's how guys like Tirion (presumably) get killed and Thrall falls into despair, setting up the new hopeless status quo of the expansion. It'd be a good reason to flee after the event and only come back when we've leveled up and progressed through the zones.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2015-10-20 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    How? This is OUR Illidan not an AU Illidan
    Confused.

Wasn't OUR Illidan defeated (killed) during BC at Black Temple? AFAIR OUR timeline was like:
    - Vanilla WoW
    - BC when Illidan was killed
    - WotLK with Lich King defeat
    - Cata with Deathwing
    - Pandaria with new land leading to Garrosh's maddness
    - and Draenor where he escaped and met his destiny
    - upcoming Legion with Gul'Dan releasing OUR Illidan which is already long dead?

All of this does not compute. Clarification required.

It's being revealed in Legion that, after we killed Illidan at the Black Temple, Maiev took his body to a chamber underneath her super secret warden prison. The Alternate Gul'dan is coming to our timeline and (presumably with information from Cordana on his location) resurrects Illidan in that chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    Confused.

Wasn't OUR Illidan defeated (killed) during BC at Black Temple? AFAIR OUR timeline was like:
    - Vanilla WoW
    - BC when Illidan was killed
    - WotLK with Lich King defeat
    - Cata with Deathwing
    - Pandaria with new land leading to Garrosh's maddness
    - and Draenor where he escaped and met his destiny
    - upcoming Legion with Gul'Dan releasing OUR Illidan which is already long dead?

All of this does not compute. Clarification required.
    Your timeline is correct. Just that you missed that Illidan was being a full demon after receiving power from the Skull of Gul'dan. Just like other demons, he can't be killed until you destroy his soul (in Twisting Nether?). After we killed Illidan in BC, Maiev took his body (and soul? not 100% sure on this part) to Vault of the Wardens where, in Legion, Gul'dan seems to break into and reawaken Illidan.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    The Legion website says: "The Tomb of Sargeras has been reopened, and the demons of the Burning Legion pour into our world. Their full, terrifying might is fixed on summoning the Dark Titan to Azeroth—and they’ve already located the key to his return." We also know that this expansion references places like Black Rook Hold, which had previously only appeared in the War of the Ancients trilogy, so it stands to reason they'll be pulling lore from it. In those novels, it was Sargeras himself who empowered Illidan and caused him to lose his eyes.

My guess is that there is some Sargeras energy dormant in Illidan that the Burning Legion can use to bring Sargeras back, and Illidan is the "key" mentioned on the website.

In fact, I'd even guess they succeed, as it would definitely make it the biggest Legion invasion ever. It could even be the pre-event. We go down there to stop their portal, find out Illidan's attached to it like Gul'dan in Warlords of Draenor, but we only manage to save him after it's too late, and that's how guys like Tirion (presumably) get killed and Thrall falls into despair, setting up the new hopeless status quo of the expansion. It'd be a good reason to flee after the event and only come back when we've leveled up and progressed through the zones.
    I thought that the 'key' was the pillars of creation that we're trying to track down ahead of the legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Yakkiran View Post
    I thought that the 'key' was the pillars of creation that we're trying to track down ahead of the legion?
    its a pure speculation that Illidan is the key.thats just a possibility.

Illidan consumed the Skull of Guldan, they are basically bffs. Or maybe Guldan is even more clever than we thought, and is working against the Burning Legion as well. Release Illidan to sow some chaos.

The most likely answer is "Illidan is cool, lets bring him back."

Illidan sort of owes KJ for not defeating the Lich King so I would expect for him to do something for the legion early on in the xpac and then coming over to our side later on, after avoiding KJ's wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by AmethystRockstar View Post
    Illidan sort of owes KJ for not defeating the Lich King so I would expect for him to do something for the legion early on in the xpac and then coming over to our side later on, after avoiding KJ's wrath.
    Illidan also sort of fighting with KJ's force for years after losing to Arthas, so I don't think there is anything he can do to avoid KJ's wrath short of successfully summon KJ / Sargeras to Azeroth.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Deleted
    They had to think of some way to get Illidan into the expansion I guess.

Still couldve been done better.

Illidan is a demon. Gul'dan is a warlock. Seems obvious imo.

Gul'dan will enslave Illidan and bind him to his will (Illidan absorbing his MU skull may make it easier too) and that makes him a strong puppet to serve the Legion. Then Illidan will break free at some point and try to kill Gul'dan for what he did.

7+ Year Old Account
    My speculation(not really) - GulDan will absorb Illidans power and become Double Gul'Dan (Gul'DanX2) and he will summon Sargeras somehow

Omg hahahahahaha, its like they replaced khadgar with illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Illidan is a demon. Gul'dan is a warlock. Seems obvious imo.

Gul'dan will enslave Illidan and bind him to his will (Illidan absorbing his MU skull may make it easier too) and that makes him a strong puppet to serve the Legion. Then Illidan will break free at some point and try to kill Gul'dan for what he did.
    Skull didnt contain Guldans power,lol.no one can enslave Illidan,not even Kil Jaden.