Well, another one of those dw vs 2h threads. WW PvP.

But before you dismiss it for supposed inability to use the search function, in my defence I manually went through last active topics back to March'15. So.

Anyway, I'm in a bit of a weird situation. I've made some calculations already, and I'll be rather brief with listing them here. In advance, I'm just looking for extra opinions on the whole dw vs 2h subject as there's always something we can miss out on by ourselves, so.

So far, it seems that 2h both add a little more stats, and generally win in ability damage in a fashion. Or rather, having 1h-x2 allows you a higher maxdamage cap, but in the end, spreads out your lowest-to-highest damages way too drastically for it to be comfortable. For example, comparing equal honor weps -- x2 swords versus a polearm, the polearm will cause my blackout kick to deal about 10800-12200 damage. In the same case scenario, two swords would spread it out a little wider, i.e. 10600-12400. I don't remember the values precisely well, but it's somewhere around there. As for enchants, I'm a returning WoW player so I don't know the current weapon enchants. I assume the DW ones will outgun having one 2h chant though, but looking for input here as well.

I'm a little clueless about white damage in PvP as of WoD, I don't think it adds up more but I reckon a single swing will once again turn out more useful in terms of multi-strike and all, you know.

The simple truth about my observations is, I'm pretty much set for the polearm, but I hate that there's absolutely no ability (except jab which I want to have fists in) that uses the spear/halberd. So it makes me feel a little dumb having a real cool Shivering Felspine on my back that I never really take off. So I wanted to get two adequate-sized fist weapons instead, just to make sense really, to have armor and whatnot. Because if I am to stick to the polearm, I'm likely gonna be switching to a walking stick of sorts, but that also means removing armor for some casual clothes.

So yeah. In short, I'm trying to convince myself to use DW for aesthetic reasons, when I sort of in fact do like 2H a tad more.

(The post's written in a rush so don't judge me harsh)

As far as weapon damage is concerned, they will be about even.
    2H allways had more stats on it, but up untill late 6.0 this would not make up for the fact that dual wield gives double weapon enchants which amount for way more stats (even this late in the expac).
    The real change which made people switch to 2H is the way of the monk change, giving 2h a strong lead in melee damage.

However they are realllly close, and as you guessed, melee damage still isn't that relevant as of WoD. of course, it will amount to 10-20% of your damage, but most of this will go to waste in a pvp encounter. During your 5-10 seconds burst, it will most likely only be 5-10% of your damage.

The difference really isn't big, so I'd say go with whichever you like more for esthetic reasons.
    Tbh honnest, I have two lvl 715 offhands in pve, on with haste and the other one with crit. I should use the haste one, yet I go with the crit one because I'd rather have two swords than a sword and a fist weapon (since we're doing confessions). You shouldn't spend more than 30 seconds thinking about something which will make a 0.1% difference.

Yep, you're right, but I guess that's what you get being a perfectionist. I honestly wish there were some animations with the spear. I'd be fine perceiving it if my character had at least one spear attack (i.e. jab), a kick holding a spear, maybe include said spear/halberd in a swipe while using Rising Sun Kick-- hey, getting dream-ish.

Anyway, I kind of have concerns that the damage difference is a little more than the widely claimed 0.1%, that's all. And by the way -- asking for PvP solely as I don't really dig PvE much at the moment.

Deleted
    There are 2 different pvp 2 handers you can buy.

One has a swing timer of 2.00s and one has a swing timer of 3.60s

The chance of tiger strikes proccing stays at 10% per autoattack, making the faster 2.00s weapon have a better uptime on tiger strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiki View Post
    There are 2 different pvp 2 handers you can buy.

One has a swing timer of 2.00s and one has a swing timer of 3.60s

The chance of tiger strikes proccing stays at 10% per autoattack, making the faster 2.00s weapon have a better uptime on tiger strikes.
    Oh, that I didn't know.

Think I'm going with the DW fist weps. Like I said, I just can't find any peace of mind having a stat-stick on my back, really. >_> Will I lose that much in damage doing so? I've spent last hour or so checking the values, literally DPSing and checking how it turns out (I'm aware of RNG, but still, the old-fashioned way).