Mythic Mannoroth

Hi,

I've heard that the curse of doom could be avoided on mythic mannoroth, but by using what ? I tried Det + mirror blade but got it once while my deterence was active and still had the doom...

FD during the cast ? If so in wich timing ?

A few mages managed to do avoid it during yesterday raid, but another hunter and I keeps struggling to glitch this.

Any tips ?
    < Armory >
    Proud Hunter since Vanilla
    Progress raider since Burning Crusade

Unless absolutely everyone can avoid it consistently, you're still gonna have to break it by not interrupting a Doom Lord volley, so trying to avoid it altogether is probably a waste of your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Unless absolutely everyone can avoid it consistently, you're still gonna have to break it by not interrupting a Doom Lord volley, so trying to avoid it altogether is probably a waste of your time.
    I understand, but ignoring this possibility would be a waste too don't you think ?

I was just asking if it is still possible, not to break totaly the fight mecanics
    < Armory >

Well, no, I don't think it would be.

Even if everyone except one successfully avoids getting a Mark of Doom, you still have to break it and the raid still has to take a lot of damage. Ergo, it's sensitive to mistake, and it is inconsistent. Not really desirable for progression, especially since the damage taken from just breaking all Marks/Volleys is not really an issue considering there's little else burst damage to heal in P1.

Additionally, if it can be done with Deterrences and you're spending every charge you got on trying not to get Marked, you're gonna have a bad time when p2 Shadowforces come around.

I just figured that I talked about the wrong spell... I was talking about Curse of the legion.
    < Armory >

Deleted
    We found that it depends on your dps as to which ones you want to immune. If you are pushing phase transition as the same time the curse is coming out when you immune one of the 3 in p1, then dont bother immuning, and just hard switch to the add and burn before pushing into p2.
    we also get our last add around 38-40% in p2, and this is the one we try and immune.
    the classes which can immune the curse of the legion are:
    Rogues with CloS
    DKs with AMS (can do every one)
    Pala Bubble
    Mage Block
    basically anyone with an immunity or spell immunity

If we do this and someone who cant immune gets it, we just slow dps and hard nuke add before pushing so that we dont have an add up in last phase. This one needs defensive cds since the mark of doom can line up with shadowforce, imps and fear at the same time, all of which can trigger the mark early.

Sounds like OP and Azor is misunderstanding one another. I've tried to Deterrence the Curse myself, I believe you have to time it for the cast of the spell. If you're too late and the ability is already in the air, deterrence is gonna do nothing. Avoiding a Curse is a great help for progression if you lack dps in P2 to push it properly. As Azor says, having a deterrence for shadowforce is super great if you have a Wrath player getting pushed aswell.

Deleted
    Have some one tryed to use camouflage on cast ?

It's probably doable but my guild soaks Wrath in P2 and P3 with hunter deterrence and mage block rather than having those players stand out the entirety of the phases, so I have to save both charges if possible.

It is possible to immune it but the time and effort spent on it is not worth it