Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Halo 5 opening cinematic

For a couple of bricks, they flew pretty good.

The initial scenes of the spartans without their helmets looked a bit off

Anyway, the Halo franchise has always had good cinematics

Nathan Fillion looks odd as an animated character. That being said, he's my man crush and it's Nathan Fillion and the game is worth buying for that alone.

Signature Created by Jassinta

10+ Year Old Account
    That was pretty good. Excited for guardians.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Why wasn't the Chief in that glorious cinematic? And why are they trying to capture Halsey? Isn't she a good guy with the UNSC/whatever it's called?

The best part is gonna be when you play on legendary and right after that cinematic you get fucked by a grunt. I think this painted them as way too overpowered, when we all know that you won't possibly be that strong in actual gameplay. You'll run at half the speed, get screwed over by the landscape and most certainly won't be able to punch through vehicles.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Why wasn't the Chief in that glorious cinematic? And why are they trying to capture Halsey? Isn't she a good guy with the UNSC/whatever it's called?
    Watch the Spartan Ops videos from Halo 4 on youtube. A lot has happened.

After Halo3 and the Bungie/ MS split, the novels/games took a bit of a different turn. I don't care for the new stuff, I guess it's supposed to be more realistic in focusing on the Spartan's role in the suppressing of government resistance. The Cov civ-war that was part of Halo3 has mostly been used as background for black ops missions and stuff and the Arbiter and his efforts mostly discarded. Forerunners have drifted into oddball territory. Master Chief is not the hero who saved humanity, he's a rogue agent that needs to be taken down.

Now granted, I haven't kept up on all the newer novels, since I don't like the direction nor the writing, so something new may have come up.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

After the bs they pulled with the cortana-chief relationship in halo 4 I'm really wary of the direction 343 will take the game.

They had a perfectly amazing epic story to rival the first three games with the history of the forerunners and their rise but the ridiculously exaggerated focus on cortana and the majority of the forerunner story being told in terminals just ruined it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    After the bs they pulled with the cortana-chief relationship in halo 4 I'm really wary of the direction 343 will take the game.
    Speaking of which, I haven't seen any of said AI in the new promotional material for Halo 5. Did Bungie/343/whoever's running the show now get tired of her skimpy dress or something?

Also, Cortana-Chief relationship? WTH! I gotta see this

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't give a fuck about these random characters, give me masterchief.

10+ Year Old Account

They had a perfectly amazing epic story to rival the first three games with the history of the forerunners and their rise but the ridiculously exaggerated focus on cortana and the majority of the forerunner story being told in terminals just ruined it for me.
    I agree but I never really cared about the story in Halo anyway. The only thing in Halo that was cool for me were the Brutes. They were like simple minded Ape men that acted like wolves.

Too bad they're gone for good.

Read the books, play the singleplayer, pay attention, they tell whats going on.

Now granted, I haven't kept up on all the newer novels, since I don't like the direction nor the writing, so something new may have come up.
    Karen travvis hands down had the best books of the halo universe next to greg bears. So not sure what your talkin about.

forerunner story being told in terminals just ruined it for me.
    it was told in 3 books.

Too bad they're gone for good.
    they are?

10+ Year Old Account
    Trailer gave me an orgasm.

Speaking of which, I haven't seen any of said AI in the new promotional material for Halo 5. Did Bungie/343/whoever's running the show now get tired of her skimpy dress or something?

Also, Cortana-Chief relationship? WTH! I gotta see this
    Okay, if you ask that question about AI, you REALLY need to play/watch Halo 4. There's a reason for this.

Deleted
    Few things that bothered me:

-While the face animations aren't bad, they don't match the detailed world which makes them look like shit. If your going to make a detailed cinematic like that either go full out or don't bother.

-What they guardians did was is not even possible in the Halo universe, I can't be the only one who was bothered that they acted like they were in a matrix or dbz movie...

-Lip sync with voice acting didn't match for a second.

Good stuff:

-The details in the cinematic looked amazing aside from the heads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I don't give a fuck about these random characters, give me masterchief.
    I cared for the soldiers or Spartans in general, but give these men a face and I stop caring because they are trying to force a bond with characters. I'd rather play as generic spartan x who is just another guy in the war than "superhero y".

- - - Updated - - -

Because getting attached to a person (AI in this case) after being together in war for years, not being separated ever in that entire time is normal to you? It surprises me he didn't have a mental breakdown on the spot, but than again I'm not a soldier so I don't know how people handle loss in war.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Few things that bothered me:

-While the face animations aren't bad, they don't match the detailed world which makes them look like shit. If your going to make a detailed cinematic like that either go full out or don't bother.

-What they guardians did was is not even possible in the Halo universe, I can't be the only one who was bothered that they acted like they were in a matrix or dbz movie...

-Lip sync with voice acting didn't match for a second.

Good stuff:

-The details in the cinematic looked amazing aside from the heads.

- - - Updated - - -

I cared for the soldiers or Spartans in general, but give these men a face and I stop caring because they are trying to force a bond with characters. I'd rather play as generic spartan x who is just another guy in the war than "superhero y".

- - - Updated - - -

Because getting attached to a person (AI in this case) after being together in war for years, not being separated ever in that entire time is normal to you? It surprises me he didn't have a mental breakdown on the spot, but than again I'm not a soldier so I don't know how people handle loss in war.
    They've always been that badass in the books. Or at least pretty damn close.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    They've always been that badass in the books. Or at least pretty damn close.
    I doubt they were running 50 miles an hour down a mountain burried in snow making 360 spins oneshotting every enemy, flying through the air to dropshops killing everything inside, jumping back out to repeat the cycle.

If we would take this cinematic even half serious the war would have been over before it started.

Ugh, that action scene made me dizzy.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    was expecting something better