Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Getting up and walking at least once an hour (if you work in an office at a desk) is also very important.
    I have been doing a little bit of that. Maybe not every hour, but I take a break and walk a few laps around the building. It's nice because there is a slope on both sides of the building, so I get some uphill walking as well. Sometimes I take a long walk to the Coffee Shop, which is about a mile away, with a co-worker. I don't drink coffee, but he does, and it is nice to chat and take a nice walk.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Havent read the comments but as a herbivore (yes I eat meat but mostly vegetarian) I buy organic due to the fact that they often have a richer taste. Not always, but often.
    For an example nonorganic regular tomatoes in Sweden tastes like shit. It's just water, and it doesn't taste fresh.

I try to pick as much berries and mushrooms as I can from the local woods and they really taste amazing compared to what's sold in supermarkets.

As a side note, I try to not make meat an everyday thing, meat consumption has almost doubled in Sweden since the 90s and since I know very little of all the weird things going on with the meat industry these days I try to buy my meat from hunters and smaller local businesses where I feel I can talk to the farmers.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulscorch View Post
    In my opinion, food is food and you immune system adapts quickly to all pesticides and meds n shit.
    Uh, not too sure about this--look up "actual causes of death" and you'll see that pollutants make the top 10 in the US, C. Everett Koop talked about it in several public health books.

In regards to organic labelling, the requirements for an organic label are actually quite rigorous in the US, if interested look it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    old news are old

For the full episode, use your browsing skills.....
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I wouldn't buy organic. I used to do the financials for quite a few farmers and they told me the regulations on labeling something as organic vs non organic is laughable. I'm a couple of years removed from those engagements but that was the case in Canada at least at the time.