Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Evil Classes vs Good Classes

Don't take this thread too seriously. More like a Lore-ish discussion.

So we have:

Mage: Good-ish?

Locks: Evil

Death Knights: Evil-ish/Evil?

Warriors: Definitely good!

Palas: Immensely good

Illidan/Demon Hunters: Definitely evil (though some will disagree due to the recent hype)

Rogues: Neutral to be honest. Just because you're in the shadows it doesn't mean you're evil. Though I would admit it makes you very slightly evil-ish.

Priests: Good-ish but they have the shadow spec. So almost neutral but chaotic actually.

Hunters: Probably neutral. Not sure. But ye, probably neutral.

Monks: Good to neural? Maybe. Perhaps.

Druids: Probably good, but slightly chaotic because nature is chaotic. So yeah, chaotic.

Shaman: ???

You do realize that the player character is a blank slate for the player to insert themselves into right?

Even if we were to go from a pseudolore perspective we are big D heroes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Don't take this thread too seriously. More like a Lore-ish discussion.

So we have:

Mage: Good-ish?

Locks: Evil

Death Knights: Evil-ish/Evil?

Warriors: Definitely good!

Palas: Immensely good

Illidan/Demon Hunters: Definitely evil (though some will disagree due to the recent hype)

Rogues: Neutral to be honest. Just because you're in the shadows it doesn't mean you're evil. Though I would admit it makes you very slightly evil-ish.

Priests: Good-ish but they have the shadow spec. So almost neutral but chaotic actually.

Hunters: Probably neutral. Not sure. But ye, probably neutral.

Monks: Good to neural? Maybe. Perhaps.

Druids: Probably good, but slightly chaotic because nature is chaotic. So yeah, chaotic.

Shaman: ???
    Mage, is neutral, AT BEST.... There might be a good or two, but predominantly neutral and a good handful evil.
    Druid is neutral... ALWAYS.. Look at any RPG (computer or pencil/paper) and druids are always preservers of neutrality..
    Shaman can be anything...
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2015-09-02 at 04:15 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Mage, is neutral, AT BEST.... There might be a good or two, but predominantly neutral and a good handful evil.

We are basically selfish idiots.

PS. I'm a mage.

But good selfish idiots.

Deleted
    All of them are neutral. What matters is the character and agenda/affiliation they have. You can be a DK and do good (KotEB somewhat) or you can be a paladin and do cruel things (Scarlet Crusade). You can be a good warlock (Black Harvest kinda) or you could be an evil one (Shadow Council).

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks HAVE to be evil, or at least sociopathic. They enslave demons to do their bidding. No matter what they use that demon for, I bet that demon isn't happy about it.
    Rogues break laws, no doubt about it
    Rest are neutral.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Warlocks HAVE to be evil, or at least sociopathic. They enslave demons to do their bidding. No matter what they use that demon for, I bet that demon isn't happy about it.

Yep. Main reason I can't touch Lock. I find them evil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Rogues break laws, no doubt about it

Rogues can rob the enemy only though so they are not doomed to be evil like locks that are be definition evil due to their nature, spells and abilities. Granted, being a robber doesn't make you purely neutral so I would only say very slightly evil by default.

Death Knights are more about regretting past evils than being evil.

Mage: Lawful Neutral or True Neutral.

Locks: Lawful Evil

Death Knights: Evil

Warriors: Varied

Paladins: Lawful Good

Demon Hunters: Chaotic Good

Rogues: Chaotic Neutral.

Priests: Lawful Good / Lawful Evil.

Hunters: True Netural.

Monks: Neutral/Lawful Good.

Druids: Chaotic Neutral.

Shaman: Neutral Good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    You mean like the Runeblade that has to be fed blood in order to keep the death knights sanity? :P

Evil and Good are very interesting topics and in my opinion there is no such thing as a "real" good or evil. Ever. In the Game I'd rate the classes more like "leans towards lawful good" rather than just "good".
    Do not forget btw - Priests have 2 Sides. Holy is pretty much "good" vs. the Shadow Side of things which is chaotic and very very much "evil". I'd say even worse than Warlocks from a lore standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    They literally thirst for blood. Evil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post

Evil and Good are very interesting topics and in my opinion there is no such thing as a "real" good or evil. Ever.
    Oh, absolutely. But Dungeons and Dragons built morality so well into their game that it's hard to find rpgs without it. Warlocks are a stereotypical lawful evil, even if their causes seem "righteous" or wholly "wicked" by the player's opinions.

What you are, doesn't define WHO you are.

Edit: Illidan isn't evil, like at all. He is the real hero.

Deleted
    It's a matter of personal morality sure. Though most of us agree with some basic guidelines, usually, not always. e.g. It'd be hard to find someone claiming that using slaves is good, even if you could find fewer claiming that using demon slaves might be good.

You might find more claiming using rogue tricks against enemies is good, but you might find few claiming that's always evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knights, Demon Hunters, Rogues, Shadow Priests, and Warlocks are the only ones you can consider "evil", and more realistically they are more chaotic than evil as we are still saving Azeroth's innocents and purging enemies time and again. They are just a bit unorthodox about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    Illidan isn't evil, like at all. He is the real hero.

Illidan is a selfish beta male.

I usually go for the good characters/whatever in video games, but in WoW warlock was my main for many years and the "evil" aspect of the theme never bothered me in the slightest. Imo Blizzard did a good job keeping things neutral and open when it comes to classes.

Deleted
    I wonder, is a frost mage pet a slave? Because that'd make me evil. Dayyyyme..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    What you are, doesn't define WHO you are.

Edit: Illidan isn't evil, like at all. He is the real hero.
    You seem to have missed War of the Ancients and WC 3, yes?

considering every class had to go through the same storyline. I'd say they're all "good" whatever that means, but they certainly are unique in they're methods. Pvp everyone is evil.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I wonder, is a frost mage pet a slave? Because that'd make me evil. Dayyyyme..
    I dont think so, your conjuring it to work with you not enslaving it to your bidding