Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Gee, I wonder what it could be, considering that the thread title stated that a cop was shot IN CHICAGO and I just pointed out several cities that are in the area, while also addressing your grossly inappropriate statement that the entire South Side of Chicago consists of Englewood. While also not punctuating every sentence with LOL although LOL @ u for being too dense to realize the obvious answer right in front of you, and being rude on top of it.

Since you seem so obtuse, perhaps I should spell things out more clearly for you in the future.
    LOLOLOL

Listen. You heard that the crime occurred in Fox Lake and your first instinct was to compare it to Chicago, in some uninformed attempt to say that Fox Lake must be dangerous, since it's part of the Chicago Metro Area! Remember when you said this in reaction to hearing about where the crime occured?
    Well Fox Lake is a part of the Chicagoland area but yea it's probably not as dangerous as working the South Side of the city.
    You're attempting to draw some correlation between how dangerous Fox Lake is compared to Chicago based on it being part of the Chicago Metropolitan Area. That's ridiculous. Crime in Fox Lake Illinois has more in common with Santa Monica, California than it does with Chicago.

If you take offense at me pointing out the ridiculousness of your statements, then try not making ridiculous statements.

10+ Year Old Account
    So....making threads based on anonymous comments, literally like three of them, and claiming that it is "EVERYONE BLAMING THIS ON ONE MOVEMENT" is now a thing?
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    OK look it said chicago area in the article, i assumed fox lake was some area in chicago sorry if that was misleading..
    Fox Lake has nothing in common with Chicago, other than being part of the same Metro Area. It's more like rural Wisconsin, if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    LOLOLOL

Listen. You heard that the crime occurred in Fox Lake.
    Dude. I'm not sure how many times I have to spell it out for you...the thread title said Chicago. My original post in this thread was about the city of Chicago. I'm not drawing any correlations to anything. I don't know what your deal is, I've already given you more than enough information for you to know I have a working knowledge of the area.

Give it up already. The only one here who is making ridiculous statements is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    So....making threads based on anonymous comments, literally like three of them, and claiming that it is "EVERYONE BLAMING THIS ON ONE MOVEMENT" is now a thing?
    Right. I'm going to do a twitter search for George Bush, donkey fucker, and Satan, and report back here and let you all know how offended I am.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude. I'm not sure how many times I have to spell it out for you...the thread title said Chicago. My original post in this thread was about the city of Chicago. I'm not drawing any correlations to anything. I don't know what your deal is, I've already given you more than enough information for you to know I have a working knowledge of the area.

Give it up already. The only one here who is making ridiculous statements is you.
    Your first, uninformed reply said how dangerous Chicago was. Upon learning that the crime occurred in Fox Lake, your first instinct, was to say, well Fox Lake is part of the Chicago area.What's the point of saying that? What's the further point of comparing it to South Side of Chicago?

Edit - I've gone back and read your replies. Were you initially attempting to draw a comparison between the relative crime rates of Fox Lake and Chicago, effectively saying that Fox Lake is comparatively dangerous since it's part of the Chicago area, OR were you merely clarifying that you knew, geographically, where Fox Lake was?
    Last edited by Merkava; 2015-09-02 at 07:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, if you really think about it, minnesota is also a part of the greater chicago area, so this was in MY neighborhood!
    You're a towel.

Your first, uninformed reply said how dangerous Chicago was. Upon learning that the crime occurred in Fox Lake, your first instinct, was to say, well Fox Lake is part of the Chicago area.What's the point of saying that? What's the further point of comparing it to South Side of Chicago?
    Because Fox Lake *is* a part of the Chicagoland area and I had assumed that is why the OP had mistakenly labelled the shooting as occurring in Chicago rather than the Chicagoland area/Fox Lake in the thread title (as he came into the thread later and confirmed). And yes, Fox Lake is not as dangerous as the South Side is OVERALL, as you have pointed out several times, although the South Side has some rather nice neighborhoods...no area is without crime. I'd never say an area is completely 100% safe. Hell, my ex lives in the tony part of Lake Forest and he and his children found a corpse that had washed up from Lake Michigan, which made the news.

I don't think Chicago is as dangerous as its reputation implies (you can look through my previous posts on this topic to confirm this), my last two years in college I waited tables and bartended in the Loop area, would take the el home through the West Side at 3 or 4 in the morning. As a young 20-something female carrying lots of cash I never had anything unfortunate happen to me.

That being said, some neighborhoods on the West and South side are indeed quite dangerous, is not safe for anyone especially late at night, and these are the areas that cops are more likely to get shot in due to the overall increased violence in these neighborhoods.

10+ Year Old Account
    What defines "Chicagoland area"? I mean when people are like "the bad part of chicago" they don't mean "Some suburb 12 miles away from downtown"....but it still counts?
    You're a towel.

Because Fox Lake *is* a part of the Chicagoland area and I had assumed that is why the OP had mistakenly labelled the shooting as occurring in Chicago rather than the Chicagoland area/Fox Lake in the thread title (as he came into the thread later and confirmed). And yes, Fox Lake is not as dangerous as the South Side is OVERALL, as you have pointed out several times, although the South Side has some rather nice neighborhoods...no area is without crime. I'd never say an area is completely 100% safe. Hell, my ex lives in the tony part of Lake Forest and he and his children found a corpse that had washed up from Lake Michigan, which made the news.

I don't think Chicago is as dangerous as its reputation implies (you can look through my previous posts on this topic to confirm this), my last two years in college I waited tables and bartended in the Loop area, would take the el home through the West Side at 3 or 4 in the morning. As a young 20-something female carrying lots of cash I never had anything unfortunate happen to me.

That being said, some neighborhoods on the West and South side are indeed quite dangerous, is not safe for anyone especially late at night, and these are the areas that cops are more likely to get shot in due to the overall increased violence in these neighborhoods.
    Ok. I had a late edit to my post above. Maybe you could answer my question. I have a horrible feeling I may have entirely misunderstood your point.

Ok. I had a late edit to my post above. Maybe you could answer my question. I have a horrible feeling I may have entirely misunderstood your point.
    I was just clarifying that I knew geographically where Fox Lake is. I also knew, and agree, that it is closer culturally and geographically to Wisconsin, despite being considered a part of the Chicagoland area (which as you stated, is a huge area).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    What defines "Chicagoland area"? I mean when people are like "the bad part of chicago" they don't mean "Some suburb 12 miles away from downtown"....but it still counts?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_metropolitan_area

Usually when people talk about the bad part of Chicago they mean parts of the West and South Side of the city, although some of the suburbs are a little sketchy too (obviously not all of them).

I was just clarifying that I knew geographically where Fox Lake is. I also knew, and agree, that it is closer culturally and geographically to Wisconsin, despite being considered a part of the Chicagoland area (which as you stated, is a huge area).
    Ah ok. Well, then. Public apology time. Sorry Celista. I totally misunderstood your point. Chalk it up to late night carelessness with the reading, or whatever, but I thought you were saying something completely different. Sorry again, apologies for the rudeness, and thanks for not taking it as poorly as perhaps I probably would have, had the roles been reversed.

Ah ok. Well, then. Public apology time. Sorry Celista. I totally misunderstood that. Chalk it up to late night carelessness with the reading, or whatever, but I thought you were saying something different. Sorry again, apologies for the rudeness, and thanks for not taking it as poorly as perhaps I probably would have, had the roles been reversed.
    It's all good, man. I've done it before, and it's late here too.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    And to close the loop on this one, it turns out that the cop was corrupt and shot himself.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...t-shot-himself