Poll: What Myriam Option do you Like Best?

7+ Year Old Account

~ What Myriam Re-Roll Option do you like most? ~

Be honest, don't click on view results till you vote, for maximum accuracy.

-Is anonymous.
    -Can make multiple votes.
    Last edited by Kazezoku; 2015-09-02 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Because reasons~

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    3 is fine, also said 3 with guaranteed different but that's problematic. Sometimes I don't want a different stat, just a better of the same stat. I think 3 is a better change. I rerolled a new item I got 27 times last night to get a stat. I think the problem is that the system isn't inherently fun more than anything. RNG for the sake of RNG is just boring and frustrating. You know what stat you want on the thing, spamming buttons until it magically pops up isn't fun, involved, or anything else positive. It's just a time and material sink.

Seems like RNG should be limited to the base item. I mean, you can only reroll one affix...so if the initial RNG gives you other crappy stats that's where the thinking comes in. What do you want to sacrifice for something else? Is this good enough to try for rerolls or should you just salvage it immediately?

But if they want to design a little better RNG, I think the enchanting system would work better if they used certain mats to guarantee a result or if there were specific costs for specific changes. For example, I want to roll crit chance on this ring. In order to do that, I need 10 deaths breath 2 forgotten and some random number of something else. Once I obtain crit, I can now reroll the crit amount for gold only. This way you have a set path for obtaining your stat and they can keep the RNG they love in some fashion, albeit a more friendly fashion.

And beyond that, maybe you can have some supplementary materials or cost that have a chance at rolling higher than the baseline limits. Like maybe you add more materials to your gold roll and you can overcharge the enchantment. Or maybe you get a set number of overcharges per day, per content done, etc. Provide some more involved series of choices and actions instead of click click click no thought.
    BAD WOLF

I went with 3 rolls, not necessarily different. Sometimes you're just trying to get a better roll, not a different stat (e.g. 25% CHD). With three rolls though, possibly make it so they're all different from each other, but one might still be the original stat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I want to turn 50% crit dmg on a neck to 100% crit dmg, so I want to be able to roll the same stat.

3 would make it feel a bit better though.