Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by azza125 View Post
    http://imgur.com/AWZOQvh,2R9bLE8,7sRf4pl,kGKUC3V

This is my settings, feel free to tell me what to change.

I shall look into that HDD, what is the best way of me swapping everything from my old HDD to new one?

Monitors will be used for streaming, i only play WoW and some shoot ems like CSGO and some of the new ones coming out like The division and stuff like that. im no way competitive in gaming. but i would like to look at some pretty stuff :P

Budget wise i really dont know.. would £150-300 go far?

Thanks for all your help guys
    Need to see more then just the advanced settings.

Under "Video", you should change "Resolution Downscale" to 720p. This will help tremendously, and only a small percentage of people can actually watch 1080p streams on Twitch without a lot of buffering going on anyways.

It will record at 1080p and simply make the output smaller, thus reducing the workload on your CPU.
    Last edited by Gorgodeus; 2015-09-02 at 06:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Need to see more then just the advanced settings.
    At the top you have "First picture" "Second picture" etc.
    Switch there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Under "Video", you should change "Resolution Downscale" to 720p. This will help tremendously, and only a small percentage of people can actually watch 1080p streams on Twitch without a lot of buffering going on anyways.
    Considering what he's said I doubt he wants to downscale to 720p video instead of 1080p but yes this would alleviate things.

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    At the top you have "First picture" "Second picture" etc.
    Switch there.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering what he's said I doubt he wants to downscale to 720p video instead of 1080p but yes this would alleviate things.
    Almost every knowledgeable streamer downscales to 720p because they know they will lose a lot of viewers due to buffering issues. It will still record at 1080p.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Almost every knowledgeable streamer downscales to 720p because they know they will lose a lot of viewers due to buffering issues. It will still record at 1080p.
    He doesn't stream and I'm pretty sure it downscales the output video to 720p as well.
    He records the raw footage and uses that so yeah.

Also a great deal of people stream @ 1080p as long as you don't surpass 3,5 Megabit on Twitch, 2,5 is even the general limit for "nobodies".
    Buffering because it's 1080p is irrelevant, it's all due to the Megabit encoding and if your connection can't handle 3,5 Megabit... well that's rather shitty but the majority of viewers get well above 3,5 megabit, closer between 8 and 10 megabit.

So saying "every knowledgeable streamer downscales" is very false actually.

If I streamed a 720p video @ 5 megabit and your connection is say only 4,5 .. of course you will get buffering.
    Or if there's one large ass tournament going on on Twitch it might buffer as well regardless of settings (LoL, CS or HS tournies f.ex.)

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    He doesn't stream and I'm pretty sure it downscales the output video to 720p as well.
    He records the raw footage and uses that so yeah.

Also a great deal of people stream @ 1080p as long as you don't surpass 3,5 Megabit on Twitch, 2,5 is even the general limit for "nobodies".
    Buffering because it's 1080p is irrelevant, it's all due to the Megabit encoding and if your connection can't handle 3,5 Megabit... well that's rather shitty but the majority of viewers get well above 3,5 megabit, closer between 8 and 10 megabit.

So saying "every knowledgeable streamer downscales" is very false actually.

If I streamed a 720p video @ 5 megabit and your connection is say only 4,5 .. of course you will get buffering.
    Or if there's one large ass tournament going on on Twitch it might buffer as well regardless of settings (LoL, CS or HS tournies f.ex.)
    If you read his OP, he said he wants to stream.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azza125 View Post
    Sorry i diddnt make it clear i meant when i record i drop frames. i havent tried streaming yet as where i am currently set up the internet isnt strong enough on the upload side.
    His 2nd post in this thread. (edit: whoops, did not mean to bold that)

Regardless my point above still stands, it's not 1080p which causes buffering, it's the megabit encoding that does.

Also OP:

Under the "Advanced" tab

Set your "Process Priority Class" to Normal. Changing this higher will make OBS get CPU before other programs and can cause lag on many systems.

Deleted
    Thank you for all the replies, i shall look at those monitors, basically one will be used for games and the other for stream chat and things like that so i have separate screens, as lets be honest it will be impossible to stream with one. Streaming is something i want to do if i can get the internet for it, right now im youtubing and just having fun making videos but i want to have the option to stream. thank you everyone who has posted on here with setting changes and hardware upgrades, YOUR ALL AWESOME!