Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Lmao, how can anyone be offended by the original video
    I doubt they are actually offended, I think they are faux offended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

You're WAY overthinking this. All of your points are irrelevant to the main purpose of streaming: ENTERTAINMENT

who gives a fuck if a dude who can entertain 5k+ ppl whilst playing a video game hasn't had a "real job" and whose to say that's not contributing to society?
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

The original video was a bit funny and served its purpose, baiting. The second video however, he's trying to squeeze even more reactions. Comedian? Pathetic.

professional gamer is a totally viable in these days, and will only continue to grow. The recent LOL championship had ratings rivaling those of some traditional sports events. (CBS morning show weeks ago). I'm all for it, and if people want to donate money to people streaming game rather its b.c. they are good or have tits or whatever so be it. I'd wager they do pay tax on it as well...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Well, it seems like Markiplier, a Let's Play creator, is going to be on Jimmy Kimmel tonight.

Not sure if I'm late to this news, but here's his facebook post about it.
    https://www.facebook.com/markiplier/...type=1&theater
    That's cool. Markiplier is probably one of the best for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Lmao, how can anyone be offended by the original video
    Easy. By being a thin-skinned man-child.

I do not see why this is getting so much attention. A man whose job is to create controversy and provoke people created controversy and provoked people.

What a shocker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

I started watching Reckful streams around Cata, I guess that's what got me into streams, but I only ever did because I had two monitors and could play games while I watched. It's like listening to a live podcast imo and makes playing alone less boring.

The comedy bit wasn't up my alley for humor, wasn't a lot of class to it and not overly tasteful to me, but the people doing death threats and crap are way out of line. To say that the 'gamer community' or even a large portion of it are lashing out at it is also rather silly from posters here. It's a few thousand people.. That's not 'a large portion of the gaming community'.

Hopefully Mark on the show does well in explaining things to a man who people sit down and watch to pay his bills, why people may sit down and watch other things that are not him.
    Last edited by Wolfheart9; 2015-09-04 at 03:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing that bothers me the most is by only showing the worst of the worst he's making the whole community look bad. And we really don't need that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Scratch View Post
    Yep, Mr. Thinks He's Making a Rational Point But Really Isn't. I mean, you can say anything is "entertaining" to you, but that in no way, shape, or form invalidates what was previously being stated. Other idiots think staring at a blank wall is "entertaining." Some psychopaths think sinking a knife into a toddler over and over til its dead is "entertaining." Or countless other examples ranging the gambit from utterly stupid to criminally repugnant. Doesn't mean it actually is, or that it should be considered such just because said dim-witted fools have convinced themselves that it is.

This is a completely objective fact, no matter how subjective the criticized and mocked individuals believe it to be in order to soothe themselves.
    1) You don't know what "objective" means.
    2) You said there was no other valid reason. I provided one.
    3) Watching TV, movies, and playing video games are all just as much time wasters.
    4) You cannot possibly believe that arguing on an internet message board about people streaming video games is a better use of time than just watching a stream of somebody playing a video game. That makes you even more of a dim-witted fool to spend your time so poorly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by professionally outraged View Post
    What? What assertion did I make? You are the one saying that that's just the kind of comments he has to deal with and that it has nothing to do with the gaming video. You are the one making the claim. I can't show you other videos where he gets death threats in his comments, when there are none. I can show you one that has almost only likes and no hostile remarks whatsoever, if that is what you want.
    Kimmel himself : "Celebritities with twitter accounts, and I know this because I have one, get bombarded with sometimes hundreds of insults a day". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTix7FDHZcA

There's no issue of gamers hating on Kimmel. People hate on Kimmel. As if that wasn't fucking obvious to any one who had ever seen the internet.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2015-09-04 at 08:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarEclipse View Post
    1. it's often regular people who play and end up getting famous either because A. they're supposedly funny or B. they have tits or even C. they're supposedly good looking or some other reason.
    Yeah, so? The entertainment industry is built on funny and/or good-looking people...also there are quite a few streamers who get viewers simply cause they are very good at the game.
    2. said regular people have never held a real job and never contributed to the society and they have no ambition for themselves because gaming is life and they'll get dirty rich, sitting at home all day, honing their superior sniper skills.
    A lot of streamers had "real jobs" before they started streaming. I know one who worked at McDonald's, and another who was an English teacher...or are those jobs not "real" enough for you?
    3. they'll never think twice about getting a real job.
    This is true for some, but many do have an "escape plan" like going to college and getting a degree.
    4. what would they tell their children? what do they tell people who ask about their career? "I'm a professional gamer"
    Haha, why not? There are worse jobs out there. "Well sonny boy, your grandpa was a gigolo"

I just want to understand the appeal, that's all.
    The appeal, for me, is learning tips and tricks about the game. I wouldn't watch streams if it weren't for League of Legends, which is a very complex game...it's hard to figure out everything on your own power...so I watch pro steams to pick up tips and tricks.

It's like if you were someone who enjoys playing chess, wouldn't you like to tune into a TV channel that just had a chess grand master playing game after game, while explaining his thought process as he plays? Damn, that would be amazing, right? That's what a stream is to me. I really don't see what's so hard to understand about that...if anything that makes a hell of a lot more sense than people tuning into football every Sunday.

Now not everyone is like me...some people do watch streamers who just play games at a non-professional level...they're just watching someone else...play a game, but even that I understand. There are a few reasons to do this.

1. See if the game looks fun enough to buy for yourself.
    2. You think the person playing is funny.
    2. You're poor, games are 60 bucks a pop, streams are essentially free. You can vicariously experience often an entire game on a stream.
    4. You want to watch a chick with big tits play a game, gamer girl fantasy.
    5. You don't have any friends, a streamer is a person who shares your hobby of gaming and you can sort of interact with.

Those are basically all the reasons I can think of. I think the first two are pretty legit, then they get gradually darker, but who cares? There are worse things out there than streams.
    Last edited by Lemons; 2015-09-04 at 09:35 AM.

Deleted
    The people that get offended by this are taking "gaming" way too serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Well, it seems like Markiplier, a Let's Play creator, is going to be on Jimmy Kimmel tonight.

Not sure if I'm late to this news, but here's his facebook post about it.
    https://www.facebook.com/markiplier/...type=1&theater
    Indeed... here's the vid

"The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    The Power Glove! It's so baad.

Jonna is hot. I might have to watch her now.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how Markiplier and Mae are screwing with him. But other than that the video is pretty stupid. He's still narrow minded and just not funny.
    I'll stick with Conan. He has his own Twitch channel and gaming segment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    People need to lighten up. Granted, I'm probably the same age as Kimmel and grew up standing around in dusky arcades. He's right about having to watch while waiting for your turn. I don't see the appeal in watching streamers. I'd just prefer to play the game myself.
    sometimes I feel like the people who like youtube streaming are the people who were always stuck as playing Player 2 and have developed some sort of Stockholm syndrome of needing to watch other people play games for them after a lifetime of never being able to play themselves as kids.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    sometimes I feel like the people who like youtube streaming are the people who were always stuck as playing Player 2 and have developed some sort of Stockholm syndrome of needing to watch other people play games for them after a lifetime of never being able to play themselves as kids.
    Some people enjoy watching others play football, I enjoy watching others playing videogames and competing.

And then I watch other people, but mostly because the person talking is funny in their commentary, if I enjoy the game itself, I will play it myself.

I've never watched a single lets play, commentary or livestream just for the game, I watch them for the people playing and their commentary being amusing,.