Poll: Do you like this idea?

Deleted

Talking Blitz idea: Would you like an escape-based dungeon?

So our instances are actually about adventuring into, clearing mobs and killing bosses.

What about the opposite thing?

NEW INSTANCE TYPE: BLITZ

how does it work:
    queue up in the finder and enter the Blitz instance. You will have a small and quick work to do (like kill a dude, or pick an item)... but the disaster happens! You are the Indiana Jones of the situation, better run away from that temple. Falling stones, monsters awakened, and many more.

Features:
    - 3-5 players (might have no limited number to host hilarious guild runs)
    - no roles needed
    - run!
    - interactive environment (falling rocks, ground cracks, dazing mobs, dangerous elements)
    - in certain situations you won't be able to move camera
    - it is not said that you always have to run as fast as possible, run for sure, but check the unfriendly path!
    - bonuses to do something special
    - you will get lot of ways to greatly improve your running speed
    - are meant to be fast instances, around 5 minutes lasting
    - dying player will automatically pause the game and play its replay to all members :'D (chance to save replay to PC)
    - when you die your camera will be set to other players you will choose
    - depending to the kind of Blitz, some/all of your abilities might get disabled
    - healing is reduced by 100%? I don't know, your opinion?
    - damage will be mainly fatal (one-hit) so every class should have a "Divine Shield"-like ability (or they shouldn't at all)

Example Blitz themes:
    Jungle = (Indiana Jones + Tarzan) classic mysterious temple from which you have to exit and deal with the wild nature. Use lianas to skip ravines and avoid hideous mobs (trolls, goblins and beasts). Flow through the river over tree trunks, and dive from a waterfall!
    Desert = okay, you really don't want to deal with those cyclops right? But guess what, they've found you and they're quite hungry! Run down the canyon, avoid fatal boulders threw by them, enter the right caverns and watch out for bats, lizards, and why not, dinosaurs. Quicksands and earthquakes are waiting for you!
    Glacier = you don't really need diplomacy with Magnataurs, your legs will be more useful. But did you really need to stole those Kobolds' candles? Well now you are better running, and glide, yes glide! Avoid dazing Kobolds, polar bears and don't fall in the freezing polar waters from ice cracks. Gliding will be hard and punishing for the most exalted runners. Friendly Hirmithursas are there to help you. Oh... and please don't mount orcas to finally travel the sea, use dolphins.
    Mountain = so it turns out your mate accidentally gonged the gong in an ogre village, exactly in their arena. You realized he condemned yourselves to death. Unless you run. And you will run. And jump, because there are snakes biting your feet, slowing you down. Also tiny rocks are there to make you stumble. Since ogres right behind you aren't enough, there will be an extremely narrow and ruined bridge built by those gnolls that just... ambushed you. GG.
    Clouds = since stealing Al'Akir jewels wasn't the best of your ideas, it's now time to flee from those air elementals. watch out for lightnings and use your paragliding correctly. Find the right wind flows and do it fast, clouds are getting dark: a terrible storm is imminent.

POSITIVE FACTS about Blitzes
    - the design here is very wide, granting lot of uniqueness.
    - having fun is the best thing to improve the social part of the game. I expect many friendships built here.
    - there is no need to argue with team, since rewards are self-only and if your team dies you can finish it alone.
    - it will be all about dynamism, which will be bring both fun and challenge at the same level.
    - these instances are not level-set, means you can do them at any time.
    - no roles required mean queue times will be greatly shortened.
    - they last a few minutes.
    - I don't think you will get tired of them, basically because its fun is mostly given by the people you play it with.

NEGATIVE FACTS about Blitzes
    - this feature might increase normal dungeons queue times since many guys will instead queue here
    - there would be lot of developing work behind this, mainly for the art team (if they don't recycle actual instances)
    - there will be lot of haters crying for missing content (raids only)
    - jajajaja everywhere :S

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the idea is interesting, but some classes with better mobility and immunity cheese will clearly be a top pick for it.

I also do not really understand why you need to gather a group for it, if people dying does not matter and you can solo it anyway. It could be a timed solo scenario like the one in 5.2 with treasure run.

It will be just a bunch of people rushing to the end leaving slow and dying teammates behind, which will produce a lot of toxic crap in chat.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-09-03 at 11:17 AM.

Theres already one, not with a lot of detail like you've added but still - halls of reflection

Deleted
    There is a Wotlk one where you escape the Lich King.

So might as well close the thread as it's the same thing, the escape portal is just the same as the entrance portal...

We already have 1 dungeon that is something like that, and besides that several gauntlets which are similar in nature, just a lot shorter.

Too complicated.
    Saving replays from a dungeons on PC?
    No rewards?
    ZERO balance, imagine Druid vs Shaman run.

Seriously? This is not Temple Run, maybe it works for SmartPhones but for WoW? Not really.

Also we already got escape dungeon, it was Hall of Reflection... and though I find it interesting I thought it was really annoying(wait time, cut-scenes, couldn't ress after failing etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Both of these.

And if it doesn't have loot, it won't increase dungeon times because people will still be too busy rushing to endgame. And if it does have loot, expect more dungeon complaints because five minutes to complete will always outweigh 10-15. They had something like this in Pandaria - The wall minigame, where you can roll down the pandaria wall. It was largely ignored aside from a few small groups who decided to do it just for fun.
    I've never even heard of the wall minigame! Where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by zox2 View Post
    On the wall. It reminds me of Crash Bandicoot.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. I like the idea (i'm a liker), but I wouldn't want EVERY dungeon to be like that. But 1 for xpac could be very interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Interesting. I like the idea (i'm a liker), but I wouldn't want EVERY dungeon to be like that. But 1 for xpac could be very interesting.
    It would be a new kind of instance. Nothing to do with the actual dungeons!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Too complicated.
    Saving replays from a dungeons on PC?
    No rewards?
    ZERO balance, imagine Druid vs Shaman run.

Seriously? This is not Temple Run, maybe it works for SmartPhones but for WoW? Not really.

Also we already got escape dungeon, it was Hall of Reflection... and though I find it interesting I thought it was really annoying(wait time, cut-scenes, couldn't ress after failing etc.).
    Wtf?
    Where did I say no reward? How do you talk about balance? Seriously.
    And stop with this HoR thing, it was just 1 thing similar to this concept. Read the features. Sorry but you really need to open your mind.
    Last edited by mmoc0b7825fa66; 2015-09-03 at 11:49 AM.

I generally don't like being rushed. I never even did one Challenge Mode dungeon in my life because I simply dislike the idea of racing the clock to achieve a better result.

Stuff like that can be a nice addition, as a one-off, but designing a whole mode around it would be far to niché to apply to a large number of players. It's like the underwater levels in Super Mario Bros. 3 or something - you put a few of them in there just to mix things up a bit, but no one would want to play a Mario game constisting of water levels only.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zox2 View Post
    If you played the duration of MOP you should be ashamed of not knowing it. Not that it's that great but it would mean you didn't spend more than 10m outside of capitals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    There is a Wotlk one where you escape the Lich King.

So might as well close the thread as it's the same thing, the escape portal is just the same as the entrance portal...
    My god please, you are comparing a lemon to an orange. Please open your mind and read the features.