Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Oh no you didn't! You didn't just insult my favourite band of all time did you? It's ON!
    I hope the Blue Jays win the AL East. Does that make it better?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    Dear Canada, thanks for being our hat.
    As a hat we expect the crap that falls on you to slide down to us once in awhile.
    That is why we have a hat.
    Is slows / prevents crap from getting to us from above.

We love you much!
    It's OK, America brought the Kardashians to fame, so for all the shit that you have made out of our shit like Beiber and Nickelhack, you managed to one up by having the largest group of attention seeking douchebags ever. And just remember, you created that talentless hack Kanye West too.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    As I understand the following, his birth would have made him a US Citizen,
    He was a US citizen at birth. Natural born. Doesn't matter where he was born. (Not that I'm going to vote for him).

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    The problem with STV is some people find it too complicated. I voted for it but was unable to convince anyone in my family to do so.
    Maybe if we call it Jungle Voting, and spam the airwaves with this video?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    This is what not winning a Stanley Cup for 22 years does to them.
    It's OK, we are gonna win the World Series this year instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Unfortunately, there are like 5 parties on the Left in Canada, but only 1 Right Wing party: and even still the Liberals and NDP still manage to almost win every time, but until there is some party consolidation the First Past the Post system gerrymanders the entire Canadian election system into electing the 1 Right Wing party everytime.

Given that, though I've never voted NDP before - I'm voting NDP this time around - because Mulclair has said he's going to eliminate FPTP and institute a proportional representation system like Single Transferrable Vote.
    Well, I'd consider the Greens and the BQ to be more or less a non factor. That pretty much leaves the NDP on the left, Liberals as the centrist party (though more left leaning under Justin) and the Cons on the right.

My vote is going NDP mostly because of the opposition to C-51 as well as abolishment of the Senate. Plus I tend to swing left anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Canada, also known as "America Jr."

7+ Year Old Account
    We also elected Obama twice.

We deserve every bit of shade Canada throws at us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fine. We won't elect another Bush. But Trump's not a Bush.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Well, I'd consider the Greens and the BQ to be more or less a non factor. That pretty much leaves the NDP on the left, Liberals as the centrist party (though more left leaning under Justin) and the Cons on the right.

My vote is going NDP mostly because of the opposition to C-51 as well as abolishment of the Senate. Plus I tend to swing left anyway.
    Justin actually made a strong argument for his 'support' of C-51, not that he supported the bill at all - but that given the choice to not sign it, and thereby have no control over it - or sign it and then be required to oversee it - signing it was the better option of a shitty situation where the Conservatives would have passed it regardless.

So I forgave him a bit for that, but yea - Mulclair isn't even willing to compromise like that - and I agree with his sentiment there. Abolishing the senate is a fantastic idea, that alone is another good reason to vote NDP.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    He was a US citizen at birth. Natural born. Doesn't matter where he was born. (Not that I'm going to vote for him).
    If it was Cruz v Hilary I'd make myself a ham sandwich.... if its Cruz v Sanders I'll make it roast beef on rye... if its Cruz v Biden I'll make it ham and swiss on rye...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given that, though I've never voted NDP before - I'm voting NDP this time around - because Mulclair has said he's going to eliminate FPTP and institute a proportional representation system like Single Transferrable Vote.
    Actually, the NDP wants mixed-member proportional. Though implementing it might be constitutionally tricky.

http://www.ndp.ca/news/ndp-wants-to-...rtional-system

The Liberals want basically anything that isn't FPTP. I believe Trudeau himself wants IRV.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Fine. We won't elect another Bush. But Trump's not a Bush.

And both are really bad.

If it was Cruz v Hilary I'd make myself a ham sandwich.... if its Cruz v Sanders I'll make it roast beef on rye... if its Cruz v Biden I'll make it ham and swiss on rye...
    What? No love for a Cuban sandwich? Ham, pulled pork, cheese, pickles, mustard, go go go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    And both are really bad.
    I bet you want Cruz..... he's Canadian as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I bet you want Cruz.....
    Not even if he looked Canadian and said "eh". He's pretty insane.

I would take Donald Trump over Rob Ford any day.

Justin actually made a strong argument for his 'support' of C-51, not that he supported the bill at all - but that given the choice to not sign it, and thereby have no control over it - or sign it and then be required to oversee it - signing it was the better option of a shitty situation where the Conservatives would have passed it regardless.

So I forgave him a bit for that, but yea - Mulclair isn't even willing to compromise like that - and I agree with his sentiment there. Abolishing the senate is a fantastic idea, that alone is another good reason to vote NDP.
    The reality is that with a Conservative majority, it largely didn't matter what either party did with C-51. That being said, it's one of those things where I just feel like a stronger ideological statement would have worked better, and I respect the NDP for that stance.

When it comes to election reform and electoral distribution, I'd really like to see concrete plans and examples before I really commit to a particular platform. Canada is such an oddball country when it comes to vote distribution and population, that it needs a good looking at. All I know is that the current system, where less than 40% of the voting population can create a majority government needs to be changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    What? No love for a Cuban sandwich? Ham, pulled pork, cheese, pickles, mustard, go go go.
    we'll go with pulled pork if its Cruz v O'Malley..

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

we'll go with pulled pork if its Cruz v O'Malley..
    With a side of leek and potato soup?