Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    1. Trump winning the nomination 2. Trump not winning and running third party. Either one of those two guarantees the Democrats win the White House.
    FALSE.

Trump as independent vs Bush as Republican (or Cruz or Walker or Rubio) vs Hillary as Democrat... TRUMP WINS. And I would bet on it being a landslide.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're referring to him signing the pledge, it all depends on if he intends to follow through with it or not. If he does follow through with it, then I agree he is weak and wimpy. But I think he will break it if he doesn't get the nomination, he will break it and run as an independent. The GOP pretty much forced him to sign it by refusing to let him on the South Carolina ballot otherwise.
    I see. We are 100% agreed We'll see how Trump handles it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    FALSE.

Trump as independent vs Bush as Republican (or Cruz or Walker or Rubio) vs Hillary as Democrat... TRUMP WINS. And I would bet on it being a landslide.
    Will it be as big a landslide as when Romney won?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The only reason he did this was because it is to his benefit. If he runs as an Independent, it would insure the Democrats of winning the election, as it would fracture the vote of Republican voters. His best chance of winning is to run as a Republican.

FALSE.

- - - Updated - - -

I see. We are 100% agreed We'll see how Trump handles it.
    You seem to forget that it's nearly impossible to win the White House without the Hispanic vote. If you're a Trump supporter/apologist then I can understand your zeal but you might want to cool your jets there buddy

Please do run him, that ought to run the GOP into the ground one way or the other.

I mean, there's even the remote chance he might get elected. Would be the most hilarious thing since Bush Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

He still loses the contest of wimpiness to Bernie "The Cuck".
    We're in an alternate universe full of savages that became fully educated engineers in a month because a dragon saved a racist from getting prosecuted by a panda in a scarf.

FALSE.

While I wipe the tears of hilarity from my eyes, here's a fun fact: the last independent President was Millard Fillmore from 1850-1853.

Remember Millard Fillmore? No? Didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Please do run him, that ought to run the GOP into the ground one way or the other.

I mean, there's even the remote chance he might get elected. Would be the most hilarious thing since Bush Jr.
    Oh I wholeheartedly support his nomination. Watching the GOP implode will be glorious. Maybe then they can rise from the ashes of the lunatic right tea party faux populist bullshit and become a real party again.

You seem to forget that it's nearly impossible to win the White House without the Hispanic vote. If you're a Trump supporter/apologist then I can understand your zeal but you might want to cool your jets there buddy
    I am not really that much of a fan of Trump.

But Hillary is too bought out.

In a Sanders - Trump fight, I would vote for Sanders, and be happy that even if Trump won, at least the winner would be a fighter.
    But in a Hillary - Trump fight, I would vote for Trump. There is SOME chance he would fight for middle class Americans. Hillary is totally in the pocket of the banking community.

In a Hillary - Bush fight, I would definitely vote, and would vote 3rd party. I'm done with "lesser of evils".

I stand by my statement that Trump - Hillary would be a landslide Trump victory, and I also believe that Sanders - Bush would be a landslide Sanders victory.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a Sanders - Trump fight, I would vote for Sanders, and be happy that even if Trump won, at least the winner would be a fighter.
    How is Trump a fighter? The guy was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and tries to use money to get what ever he wants. The only fight he ever has is between his hair and gravity...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Oh I wholeheartedly support his nomination. Watching the GOP implode will be glorious. Maybe then they can rise from the ashes of the lunatic right tea party faux populist bullshit and become a real party again.
    But then what would Sarah Palin do with her time?

Well, that sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    But then what would Sarah Palin do with her time?
    Go back to being a pageant hopeful?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

While I wipe the tears of hilarity from my eyes, here's a fun fact: the last independent President was Millard Fillmore from 1850-1853.

Remember Millard Fillmore? No? Didn't think so.
    Thank you for supporting my position. 1850 was 11 years before... the Civil War... meaning that in 1850, Americans were SO FED UP with the two major political parties that they risked their votes on an independent.

Today - I would say that Americans, more than ever before, are MORE than willing to risk their votes on an independent. That would be Trump or Sanders - and whether they have an I or R or D behind their names is not so important. The best way to suppress Democratic turnout would be to nominate Hillary. The best way to suppress Republican turnout would be to nominate Bush.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today - I would say that Americans, more than ever before, are MORE than willing to risk their votes on an independent. That would be Trump or Sanders - and whether they have an I or R or D behind their names is not so important. The best way to suppress Democratic turnout would be to nominate Hillary. The best way to suppress Republican turnout would be to nominate Bush.
    Independent candidates are not even on the ballot in several states...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    He'll break the vow if he isn't picked. And he'll do it by either creating his own party (difficult) or just saying "fuck you" to the idiot the GOP actually picks (don't get me wrong, Trump is also an idiot - part of the brilliant "Class of Clowns" the GOP brought to the dinner table for 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Go back to being a pageant hopeful?
    Do they have MILF pageants?

They probably do...

Thank you for supporting my position. 1850 was 11 years before... the Civil War... meaning that in 1850, Americans were SO FED UP with the two major political parties that they risked their votes on an independent.

Yeah I think the situation prior to the Civil War is slightly different to the one now. No matter how mean people are being on Twitter or whatever.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trump made the GoP come to New York for him to sign it. They didn't do that for any other candidate. The GoP is starting to panic. A Trump nomination alone threatens to fracture the party, and I think it is more inline to get others to keep from dividing the vote when they need every one that they can get. Hillary is imploding and faltering, but at the same time Trump is taking a lot of the media attention off of her. Biden gets in the race and her chances get even worse.

I haven't picked a pony in this race yet, but Trump has the GoP running scared.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

Independent candidates are not even on the ballot in several states...
    Both Trump and Sanders would get on MOST states ballots as independents. And both names are easy to spell, which would be hugely beneficial for write in voters.

With his money, I think Trump could get on the ballot of 40+ states, which would be enough. Sanders would probably have to win the Democratic nomination to stand a chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both Trump and Sanders would get on MOST states ballots as independents. And both names are easy to spell, which would be hugely beneficial for write in voters.
    2000 elections disagree with you.