Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where does it say we get Death Grip? (Which I assume is not the name of the ability).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Where does it say we get Death Grip? (Which I assume is not the name of the ability).
    An interview saying that Surv Hunters are getting a Harpoon pull ability, like death grip. I assuming without a taunt

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    There is 1 really simple thing they could do to let hunters have this ability without making it too much like deathgrip....

Instead of harpoon pulling a player to yourself, how about harpoon being used to pull you to the other player ? Similair but not the same.

OR if they really wanted to make it a bit more interesting how about making it so if you are the bigger heavier race you pull the opponent to you but if you are smaller you get pulled to the opponent ? So when a Tauren uses it it's basically always going to pull the enemy to the Tauren but if a gnome uses it (I know there aren't gnome hunters yet) then harpoon pulls the gnome to the enemy target.
    I would love to see that, but only if the creature is immune to grip. I don't really think that another class getting a DG like ability is much of a problem. Of course then warriors will complain as well
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    There is 1 really simple thing they could do to let hunters have this ability without making it too much like deathgrip....

Instead of harpoon pulling a player to yourself, how about harpoon being used to pull you to the other player ? Similair but not the same.

OR if they really wanted to make it a bit more interesting how about making it so if you are the bigger heavier race you pull the opponent to you but if you are smaller you get pulled to the opponent ? So when a Tauren uses it it's basically always going to pull the enemy to the Tauren but if a gnome uses it (I know there aren't gnome hunters yet) then harpoon pulls the gnome to the enemy target.

Another thing to bare in mind is that it might already be planned to be more like i've suggested above than being exactly the same as deathgrip but with a different animation.
    I don't think it should be based on race. It should be like if its a mob then you pull it to you, if its a boss you pull yourself to the boss.

Ye I suppose if it pulled you to the target then it would basically be the same as charge. Didn't think of that. I do like the idea of size of your race / gender changing wether you get pulled to your target or your target gets pulled to you though. It's just it would really make it an interesting ability where you'd actually have to think where you are going to end up when you use it especially if you were a mid sized race like a human or Orc for example. A bit more flavour for each race beyond appearance and racials. There's not enough of that in the game in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I don't think it should be based on race. It should be like if its a mob then you pull it to you, if its a boss you pull yourself to the boss.
    Honestly, if this were a function of Harpoon pull it should be a major glyph that turns it into a grip/charge or just a charge, so that there is a little bit of drawback.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

While most of the other specs got watered down to barely nothing unique, you still want to keep that one ability that makes you absolutely neccessary for highend PvE content? Bring the player not the class?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    While most of the other specs got watered down to barely nothing unique, you still want to keep that one ability that makes you absolutely neccessary for highend PvE content? Bring the player not the class?
    The devs intended "bring the player not the class" to refer to raidbuffs and debuffs only. Anything else came from players' interpretations, which the devs clearly told us were incorrect.

That said, I agree that unique utility should be spread around when it becomes essential to progress, like Gorefiend's Grasp and warlock portals on certain fights.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I have played a mage enough to know that you have enough escape mechanisms within that 25 second gap between grips for it to not be a problem.
    1 stun break on a 3 minute CD and 1 CC break which we have to talent for on a 1 min CD. Unless you're referring to AMS making us immune to the application of magical effects which is hilarious because that ability is so obvious that you have to be a REALLY shitty player to cast on a DK when AMS is up.

Show me your motivation

Quote Originally Posted by KevinLee487 View Post
    1 stun break on a 3 minute CD and 1 CC break which we have to talent for on a 1 min CD. Unless you're referring to AMS making us immune to the application of magical effects which is hilarious because that ability is so obvious that you have to be a REALLY shitty player to cast on a DK when AMS is up.
    Im not talking DKs Im talking mages. The person I was quoting made it seem like mages don't have an escape mechanism after they get gripped.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Im not talking DKs Im talking mages. The person I was quoting made it seem like mages don't have an escape mechanism after they get gripped.
    Ahh my mistake

Show me your motivation

10+ Year Old Account
    If you guys don't want it, can warriors take it? Seriously, you hunters don't have the Strength to pull an ogre four times your size 30 yards in half a second. we do.