15+ Year Old Account

Oh geez, oh geez. Playing WoW again

So, I haven't played WoW since midway through the Throne of Thunder MoP patch.

In the meantime I've avoided MMO's, then played Guild Wars, and a lot of FF14.

But honestly, Legion has caught my interest.
    I'm updating WoW now, and I'll probably buy WoD later today. I'm planning on starting afresh (The guild I used to raid with seems to have splintered since I left) . New server, new character. Just me and my 'Looms.
    No plans to try and rush to raid in WoD now. If I get to max level in time, I'll just hit up LFR most probably.

With that said, is there anything major I need to know about WoD? Like, story elements or big changes to the game? Tried google but I'm not really getting the information I'm looking for.

Also, for the new character, I'm stuck between a Monk, Druid, Hunter or Paladin. How are they doing, both PvP/PvE wise?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    With that said, is there anything major I need to know about WoD? Like, story elements or big changes to the game? Tried google but I'm not really getting the information I'm looking for.

Also, for the new character, I'm stuck between a Monk, Druid, Hunter or Paladin. How are they doing, both PvP/PvE wise?
    Not really, it's the same game it's been since Vanilla. Level up, gear up, raid
    Pick the class you think is most fun. Balance doesn't matter at all unless you're going high-end mythic raiding.

Ps. Welcome back!

Read the patch/release noted on wowhead, that should give you some idea of the features that have been added since MoP.
    http://www.wowhead.com/guide=6.0.2
    Last edited by mmocb3d24e6671; 2015-09-05 at 12:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah welcome back playing the King again
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

If you're looking at raiding/"hard" end-game content, I'd choose hunter. There are certain classes that get auto-picked for pugs/cms/etc - people generally tend to avoid melee, especially lower tier melee like ret paladin and ww monk

You'll probably find that you're missing some (or many) abilities if the class you pick is one you've played before. I've heard feral druids and hunters have been somewhat OP all expansion, and feral forms are getting an update in Leg if it turns out feral druid is your thing. Survival hunters seem to be going melee in Leg, marksman will be a petless spec leaving BM as the only 'classic' hunter going forward, so if you go hunter you should keep that in mind. I've also heard that monks have been a bit weak this expansion, so you might want to consult with the monk forums before deciding on that option.

Used a WoW token before but got bored after 5 minutes.
    It's funny how I used to be able to spend years in this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    You'll probably find that you're missing some (or many) abilities if the class you pick is one you've played before. I've heard feral druids and hunters have been somewhat OP all expansion, and feral forms are getting an update in Leg if it turns out feral druid is your thing. Survival hunters seem to be going melee in Leg, marksman will be a petless spec leaving BM as the only 'classic' hunter going forward, so if you go hunter you should keep that in mind. I've also heard that monks have been a bit weak this expansion, so you might want to consult with the monk forums before deciding on that option.
    None of that matters *at all* unless you're going to raid progression mythics.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    None of that matters *at all* unless you're going to raid progression mythics.
    Missing familiar abilities is important to anyone coming back. The changes coming to hunters are important to anyone who is thinking of playing a hunter in Leg going forward no matter what aspect of the game they are participating in. The weakness of any given class or spec will affect questing, leveling dungeons and any end game play even if it's not progression raiding. The OPness of any classes will certainly matter in many aspects from questing to PvP. I'm glad to know that nothing about how WoW plays matters *to you at all* unless you're in mythics though.