10+ Year Old Account

Machinima - Why everyone hates Archaeology

https://youtu.be/ZMkVnGEvr4E

Does anyone actually LIKE this profession?!

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well.. that was pointless. If people seriously still don't understand how the survey-thing works, they should just not do the profession :P

Archeology is easy. It just takes a lot of time and determination. But that's why it's archeology. You have to work for it and uncover things! I like it

Not everybody has to like the same thing you do, man. But I also understand some young people have a tough time understanding that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should've made a reference to http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ology-in-6-2-2

Where the surveyor thingy guides you out of the digsite.

Yes, I like archaeology, have always liked it. The only thing which kept me from doing it in WoD was no flying and that problem is solved now.

Deleted
    Cool video. That guy has talent. Rare for WoW vids tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    Well.. that was pointless. If people seriously still don't understand how the survey-thing works, they should just not do the profession :P

Archeology is easy. It just takes a lot of time and determination. But that's why it's archeology. You have to work for it and uncover things! I like it

It's bugged in 6.2.2. Look at the other thread. Not sure but the video might hint to the bug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansTrolley View Post
    Not everybody has to like the same thing you do

It's likely the video refers to the 6.2.2 bug. Look at the other thread.

I like Archaeology. It was the only thing I could do when WoD launched. Because of the lags and everything, questing and killing mobs was difficult so I just ran around doing Archaeology. Levelled it to 600 in a day, I think.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why "EVERYONE" hates Archaeology?

Excuse me, but I, for one, do not "hate" it. Bad title is bad.
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KayArIEs View Post
    Why "EVERYONE" hates Archaeology?

Excuse me, but I, for one, do not "hate" it. Bad title is bad.

It's comedy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    It's comedy.
    More like a dead give away of the OP's age. When you're young and you find one or more people that agree with something you dislike its instantly everyone that hates it.

I like archeology. Was also the first profession I maxed in WoD. It just takes some time, but it's enjoyable.

I find it tedious and just all round annoying, don't get me wrong i understand how to survey but the way it's executed is tedious and not fun. I stopped once i got the mounts and the troll 2h sword. I much rather have it as a Mini game concept where an NPC tips you off on a newly discovered ruin or something and compete with other instanced players to unearth finds instead of fragments. Or in a Scenario setting for catacombs and burial grounds where it's basically a Solo dungeon experience Indiana Jones style with puzzles and whatnot to uncover relics and treasures.
    Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2015-09-08 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    It's comedy.
    bad comedy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    bad comedy

> implying

I like it. It gives me a reason to go out and explore the world. Atleast we are doing stuff instead of complaining about staying in Garrison.