Thread: Flame shock

Flame shock

I dont care if this gets removed.

There, i said it. its the most underwhelming ability in the game across every class that i have played. its a pitiful dot on a 5 second cooldown that only serves to buff lava burst.

I hate it.
    I hate pressing it
    I hate keybinding it
    I hate using unleash elements to buff it on enhancement (unleash elements sucks as a side note)
    I hate its non-existent animation (to be fair no dots really have one)
    I hate that not using it makes lava burst weaker
    I hate that i cant multidot with it (10 seconds to get 3 rolling)
    I hate that it isnt very shocking
    I hate that it shares a cooldown with earth shock (which also sucks btw)
    I hate that it lasts 30 seconds and feels like a crummy passive that i have to remember twice a minute

I simply hate flame shock and would like it removed.

Thats all really...

Deleted
    All classes have a shit dot or debuff to apply on the target, that does nothing else but buff your attacks. Some classes even have more than one such ability.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bored One View Post
    All classes have a shit dot or debuff to apply on the target, that does nothing else but buff your attacks. Some classes even have more than one such ability.
    Said classes also have modern mechanics to back up such abilities, which also do atleast twice as much damage as Flame Shock to begin with.

Flame Shocks only mechanic is to punish the player for not using it. It's coupled to Lava Burst and Lava Surge procs, while multi-dotting is pointless without the class trinket.

My idea is, to decouple FS from above mentioned spells and sync it with Fulmination stacks (increased uptime and damage, like the class trinket).

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Said classes also have modern mechanics to back up such abilities, which also do atleast twice as much damage as Flame Shock to begin with.

Flame Shocks only mechanic is to punish the player for not using it. It's coupled to Lava Burst and Lava Surge procs, while multi-dotting is pointless without the class trinket.

My idea is, to decouple FS from above mentioned spells and sync it with Fulmination stacks (increased uptime and damage, like the class trinket).
    Don't you know the shaman class identity is being out dated and clunky....

Flameshock is just the most cancer spell ever

Remove both the CD on Flameshock, and the LvB dependency on it.

There, we can now multidot properly (Lava surges), AND target switch effectively. I mean really, what other caster STILL has a CD on a fuckin DOT? These two mechanics are from the fuckin stone ages, remove.

Deleted
    Some people are going to name now some totally different spells, that have a CD, but are used differently and/or aren't meant for multi dotting purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bored One View Post
    name one?

Other dot classes can multi dot, the damage per execute for damage over time spells is really high in general, meaning that if you can hit multiple targets, your damage sky rockets, so long as it isnt pure aoe fest anyway.

Flame shock however cant multidot, wasting its high DPE. This is a spell that feels bad when you dont press it, but doesnt feel good when you do.

It wouldnt be so bad if we didnt already have searing totem, which is basically the same thing, a boring as heck damage over time thats only a minor increase. having 2 weaksauce dots feels crappy. Searing totem is atleast a totem which fits with our class, flame shock however is just the games crummiest dot that has been given to shaman.

As for crappy things to manage, there is savage roar, slice and dice, void entropy (which nobody takes, horrible talent design) And thats all i can think of off the top of my head?

Personally, i would love to see flame shock removed, earth shock replaced by something cool with a real life animation! (perhaps a real earth spell rather than slapping someone with leaves?) and searing totem reworked: 15 second duration, 2 charges, 30s recharge, so that they are easy to manage minor dps cooldowns. they can take current flame shock and searing totems dps budget.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    name one?
    I'm afraid he can't, not only because there isn't any, but also because he already got the ban hammer.

It's going to be really rough when we have to go back to 30 second FS. Assuming they don't integrate the class trinket somehow into the spec.