So we just hit 60 and encountered a bit of fun..

A whee bit of fun you might add!

We were doing the Revan expansion quests and were on Yavin IV.
    We had both hit 60 recently and had purchased full lvl 60 basic gear for commendations.
    In the middle of passing through a cave system we see a PvP fight going on between a Marauder and a hm.. Vanguard methinks. The Vanguards finish off the Marauder real quick and then proceed through the cavern system towards us. Me, being the sorc healer, pop up shields on me and my friend in case he attacks us, which he does. I was really impressed with his damage.

The reason for this post is not a whine post; I'm simply trying to ascertain how he could kill us so effortlessly. Since I haven't played in a while I thought I'd raise the question here.
    In an upcoming fight there even was 3v1 scenario in which we all died (but we got him to 20-30% at least, haha! We were getting there!)
    I had popped shield on myself and had just enough time to have a heal interrupted and being able to finish my channeled Innervate spell before I died.

Now, I admit I haven't done any PvP since my return from taking a break two years ago, but still.. The little effort he had in killing me and how he proceeded to take out two other lvl 60's really made me go "huh?"
    I have a Valor rank of 53 on my sorc and I can't remember it ever being so easy.

I got killed by a Cell Burst for 17k
    My friend met his demise from a High Impact Bolt for 13k.

So this question instantly pops into mind: He had alot of PvP gear himself. I don't know how much more HP you get from PvP gear versus PvE but he only had 44-45k. This is spot on with what we have ourselves, in freshly bought lvl 60-gear.
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by Danish; 2015-09-06 at 08:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP gear makes a huge difference, it boosts the damage you deal to other players in addition to taking less damage from players. Augments on all your gear boosts your power quite a bit as well. Also, put a crystal in your Main Hand and Off-Hand. It's a free 41 stats for something.

At first I wasn't so sure he was in PvP gear though - he only had 44-45k HP, much like ourselves. But after checking the PvP vendors I do see that such gear doesn't grant more HP, like i thought it did. So, yes.. In essence I do believe PvP gear was the reason. Thanks a bunch =)