Poll: Which instance wins? (HC lvl 80 mode)

Deleted

IvI: (Utgarde Keep VS The Nexus) -> which wins?

I'll start with a popular dungeon so everyone will know it well.
    I take 2 dungeons with roughly the same amount creatures.

HOW THIS GAME WORKS:
    - They will be both hc, so with the same creature levels in it.
    - Bosses' AoE special abilities will be limited to affect 5 enemies (to simulate the party)
    - you have to imagine the two instances' entrances faced in front of each other (separated by a big battle area)
    - now all the mobs into the instances start to pour out of their dungeons, entering the battle area.
    - they run to the centre, until enemies of the opposite instance enters their sight radius.
    - the battle starts!

UTGARDE KEEP!
    featuring...
    - lot of angry Vrykuls, Protodragons, undead minions and wolves
    - Prince Keleseth (caster and summoner of skeletons)
    - Skarvald & Dalronn (a warrior and a necromancer that can resurrect himself or his mate once)
    - Ingvar (warrior that resurrects once thanks to the val'kir) [aoe for 5 enemies!]

VS

THE NEXUS!
    featuring...
    - lot of magic elves, draconids, elementals, ancients, treants, dryads, and the annoying dazing plants
    - Grand Magus Telestra (caster, illusionist)
    - Anomalus (evoker)
    - Ormorok the Tree-Shaper (ground-smasher) [aoe for 5 enemies!]
    - Keristrasza (disabler) [aoe for 5 enemies]

Remember: Bosses' AoE special abilities will be limited to affect 5 enemies (to simulate the party and prevent op mass killing)

Deleted
    Nexus wins easily. Blue Dragonflight is the strongest force on Azeroth.

Nexus. Although I like playing Utgarde keep more myself.

Immortal Blue Dragons and their arcane-empowered mage hunters and raw unadulterated arcane elementals versus some Vrykul warriors and zombies. Nexus wins. RIP Vrykul race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nexus wins because of Keri. Mobs stand still when they attack and we all know that's a big no-no for her.

Keleseth is probably the strongest one, as he could potentially snowball with his minions and freezes, Keristrasza is kind of the same just with the stacking freeze, but she lacks the minions, so utgarde would win at first but keri would destroy them later. the faction hero, e.g Kolurg will do massive damage with his whirlwind. also wouldn't the anomaly boss just win by default, since it requires intelligence to attack his adds so he can take damage?
    Last edited by Heffladin; 2015-09-08 at 01:47 AM.

It wouldn't be a faceroll. But I still think the Nexus would win pretty handily.

Keleseth (iceblock CC) and the Runemaster mobs (long Invulnerability shields) would be the worst part. But luckily there are enough Elf mobs from the Nexus that can interrupt or silence the Runemasters, and Telestra can work her own Polymorphs.

Appropriately timed Tranquilities from the Nexus's Dryads would just be devastating for Utgarde Keep to deal with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Nexus wins because of Keri. Mobs stand still when they attack and we all know that's a big no-no for her.
    So do most humans when they attack. Always-moving PvP maniacs don't count.

Deleted
    Depends on wether or not mature blue dragons are involved.. they fly just above it after all.. if it's just the nexus mobs as in the mobs contained to the instance then Utgarde should win

Deleted
    Even tho I very much like Vrykuls in terms of artstyle and their architecture - the blue dragonflight within the Nexus would win. Hands down.

Not in terms of style (I am not that big of a lover of blue things) but in terms of power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recall that there is also the Alliance Commander who gets a heroic version later on. Even on normal he can be fairly tough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Depends on wether or not mature blue dragons are involved.. they fly just above it after all.. if it's just the nexus mobs as in the mobs contained to the instance then Utgarde should win
    This.... Utgarde would win... not easy perhaps, but due to the fact they have a sheer endless number of minions at hand... Keleseth would be hard to take out too with his Ice Block spell.... yeah, as long as it's about the mobs you encounter in the instance, I'd put my money on UK.
    Also see people considering the Blue Dragonflight, but those are not in the instance, except Keristrasza... so it's looking grim for Nexus based on the assumptions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Why would they stand still.... most of UK mobs are melee so they'd be running circles around her anyway....
    Last edited by velde046; 2015-09-08 at 12:39 PM.

Aw I voted for my favorite without reading. Whoops. Nexus still wins though, Blue Dragons are OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Why would they stand still.... most of UK mobs are melee so they'd be running circles around her anyway....
    Because melee stand still when they fight in this game? Nobody says that this doesn't use gameplay rules.

This.... Utgarde would win... not easy perhaps, but due to the fact they have a sheer endless number of minions at hand... Keleseth would be hard to take out too with his Ice Block spell....
    I don't get this, the Ice Tomb ability has a rather decent cooldown on it, and it's not like the tombs are difficult to break when you have five people, let alone a few hundred NPCs. And even the skeles are very much simple trash mobs themselves, 4 extra skeles every 30 seconds isn't going to actually help much. He'll be the hardest single mob that UK can bring to the table, sure. But when compared to things like 8 mobs each with Tranquility, several mobs with 360 AoE abilities (compared to UK's proto's with their cones), more silences and stuns in the Nexus, and quite a few high elves and dragonkin that can single target heal, Keleseth just won't be able to make up that gap on his own.

He has to get into combat before he can start doing anything, as per the rules -- he can't just sit back in his instance and summon skeletons.
    Last edited by Planeshaper; 2015-09-08 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    I'll start with a popular dungeon so everyone will know it well.
    I take 2 dungeons with roughly the same amount creatures.

HOW THIS GAME WORKS:
    - They will be both hc, so with the same creature levels in it.
    - Bosses' AoE special abilities will be limited to affect 5 enemies (to simulate the party)
    - you have to imagine the two instances' entrances faced in front of each other (separated by a big battle area)
    - now all the mobs into the instances start to pour out of their dungeons, entering the battle area.
    - they run to the centre, until enemies of the opposite instance enters their sight radius.
    - the battle starts!

UTGARDE KEEP!
    featuring...
    - lot of angry Vrykuls, Protodragons, undead minions and wolves
    - Prince Keleseth (caster and summoner of skeletons)
    - Skarvald & Dalronn (a warrior and a necromancer that can resurrect himself or his mate once)
    - Ingvar (warrior that resurrects once thanks to the val'kir) [aoe for 5 enemies!]

VS

THE NEXUS!
    featuring...
    - lot of magic elves, draconids, elementals, ancients, treants, dryads, and the annoying dazing plants
    - Grand Magus Telestra (caster, illusionist)
    - Anomalus (evoker)
    - Ormorok the Tree-Shaper (ground-smasher) [aoe for 5 enemies!]
    - Keristrasza (disabler) [aoe for 5 enemies]

Remember: Bosses' AoE special abilities will be limited to affect 5 enemies (to simulate the party and prevent op mass killing)
    There's a lot more trash in Nexus, like the trash before Anomalus what spawns more adds. Utgarde in comparison is incredibly straightforward in terms of both trash and boss mechanics, at worst they have a couple healers, but the trash before the tree-shaper spams tranquility.

Assuming that they go head on zerg-versus-zerg, I would imagine Nexus would cream utgarde, in numbers and mechanics.

Deleted
    Running in circles does absolutely nothing, NPCs will always face you no matter what, they have instant turn rates.

Deleted
    I'd say Nexus too but only thanks to Dryad's Tranquillity and rifts spamming Trash Elementals
    In terms of damage dealt and bosses, UK wins.