Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    What is more funny is the person is a Hispanic male. Keep trying to connect the dots, doh.
    Hispanic probably acts black... so yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    The media shouldn't report it when cops kill unarmed people now? I'd like to know what the president actually did or said that you guys think is encouraging people to attack the police.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2015-09-07 at 09:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    That's right man, it's THEM! They're all in on it! And you know this is just an excuse to disarm us so the Muslims can come invade! Muslims and the lizard people too! Just getting us ready with chemtrails and fluoride in the drinking water!

- - - Updated - - -

Karl Rove's strategy number 3, man.

You can believe what you want, and I happen to hate all those nut job conspiracy people, I just happen to also have my eyes open to the things going on around me.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    The president? What exactly did he have to do with this? Are you suggesting that, because he is black, he is responsible for these heinous crimes?

Also, the media doesn't 'want' anything except for ratings.
    He was against Zimmerman from the start and supported the people of Ferguson who were rioting instead of the law like he was supposed to even when it turned out both cases the people were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    He was against Zimmerman from the start and supported the people of Ferguson who were rioting instead of the law like he was supposed to even when it turned out both cases the people were wrong.
    Do you have a source for him supporting the Ferguson riots? He condemned the Baltimore riots and called the people rioting thugs, so gonna need a source for that claim.

Wrong. Obama basically stated his stance of him being African American and then reflected if that "it could have been his son". He otherwise states that the legal process should run its course.

Read: https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...trayvon-martin

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Being a cop their lives are often in the line of fire, I don't see this as having anything to do with anything unless there is evidence to suggest otherwise, and "Oh these people are complaining or angry about racist cops treatment of black people along with the justice system" Doesn't qualify.
    Except it's ok for racist people to blame the cops when they get arrested for committing crimes and then get hurt when they struggle..... yeah no.

Obama basically stated his stance of him being African American and then reflected if that "it could have been his son".
    Not much different than the "you didn't build that" fiasco. Basically, his detractors intentionally taking something out of context just to sling mud.

Wrong. Obama basically stated his stance of him being African American and then reflected if that "it could have been his son". He otherwise states that the legal process should run its course.

Read: https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...trayvon-martin
    They were done with the case and hadn't even arrested Zimmerman until after he chimed in. He should have said "Let the legal system run it's course". And no he was trying to equate Martin to himself as if he was some sort of martyr because he says right after "could have been me 35 years ago". Try again.

They were done with the case and hadn't even arrested Zimmerman until after he chimed in. He should have said "Let the legal system run it's course". And no he was trying to equate Martin to himself as if he was some sort of martyr because he says right after "could have been me 35 years ago". Try again.
    Making stuff up is fun. Source. I showed you mine.

If you dont think the media has been fanning the flames of hate towards cops, then you have not been paying attention.. BLM members saying they need to kill cops, New black panther party, Nation of Islam. Gangs like the Crypts and bloods putting bounties on police officers and their families. If it gets much worse we will see a militarized police force. If you think things are bad now, just wait.

If law enforcement officers start acting even more militarized, it will prove their detractors right. Law enforcement is just as guilty of reactive thinking as the dumbfucks who choose to riot and shoot at cops. One side is angry because people don't trust them, and the other side is angry because they feel they cannot trust cops. SO the cops show exactly why they cannot be trusted, and the other side shows exactly why the cops are nervous.

Proactive thinking would be a fresh change. The first step would be body cameras on all officers. On top of that, we need transparent and unbiased investigations into the use of force by all officers. Until that happens, then the public has no cause to trust law enforcement. And yes, I expect law enforcement to take the first step in thinking proactively, because the other side is usually too fucking stupid and irrational to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    If you dont think the media has been fanning the flames of hate towards cops, then you have not been paying attention.. BLM members saying they need to kill cops, New black panther party, Nation of Islam. Gangs like the Crypts and bloods putting bounties on police officers and their families. If it gets much worse we will see a militarized police force. If you think things are bad now, just wait.
    And a militarized police force proves all the detractors to be correct in their fear of police.

- - - Updated - - -

It's pretty clear that Zimmerman is a scumbag. Just because they could not vconvict him of 2nd degree muder, does not mean that he isn't a racist asshat with a chip on his shoulder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    There's a pretty big difference between "accurately reporting the actions of racist cops and raising this as a societal issue that should be redressed" and "fanning the flames of hate towards cops".

Though I will say the "thin blue line" is also a MASSIVE problem, here. The issue isn't just the violent racists, it's their brothers and sisters in blue who stand beside them because they wear the same uniform. That makes those others tacitly supportive of racist police action. What we need is a situation where cops report their fellow officers when this kind of shit goes down, actively. If they don't, charge them as accessories to whatever crimes their fellow officers committed. Police officers need to be held to a higher standard, given their greater authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And a militarized police force proves all the detractors to be correct in their fear of police.
    And the people who are randomly killing cops are giving them all the reason they need to militarize themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except it's ok for racist people to blame the cops when they get arrested for committing crimes and then get hurt when they struggle..... yeah no.
    You mean trying to equate a race with a profession and minimizing racist cops and justice systems where black suspects end up dead. Keeping reaching for those straws.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

This is the height of ring-wing idiocy. First of all it's not the mainstream media creating the race war (they are contributing to it, because it brings them ratings but they are just being used by the race war creators). Ask yourself who created the war on Christmas, the war on Christians, class warfare. It's all the right wing media preying on their fear based audience. It's funny if you ask people "Is there a war on cops?", most of the people who say yes are rightwingers that get their news from "non-mainstream media" outlets. So your whole premise is just a giant lie.

Second, more police deaths are connected to Tea Party members than BLM members. But why wasn't that a huge story? The Tea Party spouted anti-government, anti-law enforcement rhetoric. Maybe it's because the Tea Partiers at the Bundy ranch who assassinated police officers were white hillbillies and white conservative Christians aren't scared of those people, they are scared of colored people, ie Black Lives Matters, Muslims, Mexicans...
    Third, no one is saying police lives don't matter. I was watching the manhunt for the cop killer in Illinois last week and all I could think of "what a waste of taxpayer money". They had snipers on rooftops looking into empty fields all in search of 2 white men and 1 black man. It's gotten way, way out of hand this bluelivesmatter BS. No one wants to see police killed, well except maybe the rightwing media so they can fuel their hate machine.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    The only narrative I've seen is from places like Fox News that has intentionally created a racist narrative to make sure unless the black person was as perfect as Jesus, it is perfectly fine to shoot them on sight.
    Most historical scholars believe there is a lot of evidence that Jesus was dark-skinned. But Fox news viewers would never accept that.
    Last edited by Jimmy Woods; 2015-09-08 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    It's funny if you ask people "Is there a war on cops?", most of the people who say yes are rightwingers that get their news from "non-mainstream media" outlets.
    I feel like you're making this up.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    And the people who are randomly killing cops are giving them all the reason they need to militarize themselves.
    And that's the problem with reactive thinking, because both sides are proving the other to be correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's a pretty big difference between "accurately reporting the actions of racist cops and raising this as a societal issue that should be redressed" and "fanning the flames of hate towards cops".
    True - we should look at the BLM movement instead.

Though I will say the "thin blue line" is also a MASSIVE problem, here. The issue isn't just the violent racists, it's their brothers and sisters in blue who stand beside them because they wear the same uniform. That makes those others tacitly supportive of racist police action. What we need is a situation where cops report their fellow officers when this kind of shit goes down, actively. If they don't, charge them as accessories to whatever crimes their fellow officers committed. Police officers need to be held to a higher standard, given their greater authority.
    I just totally love this one.
    Once again looking at the relevant crime data black suspects are shot less than white suspects, one may argue there is a problem with to much willingness to use force in the US, But this insane notion that its all predicated on racial hatred is just that Insane.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Anti-police narrative? You mean the reporting of the minority of police officers that are shooting and harassing people as if they were Judge Dredd?

The only narrative I've seen is from places like Fox News that has intentionally created a racist narrative to make sure unless the black person was as perfect as Jesus, it is perfectly fine to shoot them on sight.

In regards to the militarization of police, where have you been for the past 2 decades? Heck, my own local police department is running around in military gear and heavily armored vehicles, and we have no serious crime to speak of. You are way late to bringing that up.

And what does the President have to do with it? Absolutely nothing, but that is another narrative being brought up places like Fox News, so it must be true, amirite?

In regards to the actual event, I hope they throw the book at the shooter.

In regards to the safety of police officers, this year they are on track for being one of the safest years. Did Fox News tell you that of the police officers that have died this year, 13 died of heart attacks, 19 died in car accidents, and 3 died because of 9/11 related illnesses?

So far this year, 26 police officers have been shot and killed in the line of duty this year (and every one of the shooters should have the book thrown at them). Last year, 48 police officers were shot and killed in the line of duty. The average over the past decade is 53.9 per year.

In fact, most years, more police officers commit suicide than are killed in the line of duty. What we really need to do is get them better access to help, not better access to more weapons.
    And the putting criminals on pedestals as they were saints big mike brown that got shot down
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.