10+ Year Old Account

Jedi Knight Playthrough

Hey

My Playthrough of the Jedi Knight story Only uploaded up to part 32 so far, but it's around 50 in total

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ArRXFh0mfCZz0S
    Last edited by Draknalor186; 2015-09-29 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know how to get youtube videos more Noticed and stuff? Dono if i'm doing the titles wrong or something else :/ But the videos get like 5 views each

I'm not sure you have much of a market on what you're doing to be honest.

Why would gamers want to watch it when they can just play it and experience it for FREE?

Watch it as a time saver? Not likely. If they had interest, they probably played it themselves.
    Watch it as something nostalgic or to remember what happened? I don't see that happening either.

What you're doing just seem to me like it wouldn't ever get much traction as a youtube video at this point in SWTOR life.

Something new about KotFE? That would garner a bit more attention as tight lipped as BW currently is on the coming expansion.
    Last edited by quras; 2015-09-15 at 07:43 PM.

You have to market yourself. Part of it is to network as well.

Quite like getting a real job actually

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    You have to market yourself. Part of it is to network as well.

Quite like getting a real job actually
    I have another swtor video i uploaded months ago.. somehow it ended up on the first page of Searching for "Star wars the old republic gameplay" and it up on 10000 views now and still getting plenty each day, Just wondering how to get others videos to show up on more searches

Not trying to make Youtube a Job, I just like uploading content

Well you kind of have to approach it that way if you want to get more views.

Content is one thing but if you want people to return to you, you have to provide something that people want or like.

First thing, make quality content videos and then you'll have to market it. Then word will spread and you'll get more views.

If you are happy with just uploading content, you might not get the views that you really want.

On the very few occasion I do watch an SWTOR playthrough Video is when I want to know the different outcome of a choice (Light/dark). So my usual search often include keywords such as Light / Planet name / NPC. Maybe include in you description what alignment you are playing as, which planet you are on, etc. That might get you a few more hits.

Would be a good idea to post it on Swotor fansites or places like mmorpg.com that have a sub forum for the game. The Swotor sub-reddit would also be a good place.

Just make sure you lurk around a bit and mingle with the community before posting. If you just show up with a link to your vids, they might think you're spamming and ban you.

Quote Originally Posted by karumayu View Post
    On the very few occasion I do watch an SWTOR playthrough Video is when I want to know the different outcome of a choice (Light/dark). So my usual search often include keywords such as Light / Planet name / NPC. Maybe include in you description what alignment you are playing as, which planet you are on, etc. That might get you a few more hits.
    This 100%. It's the only story-based swtor videos I ever watch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Anyone know how to get youtube videos more Noticed and stuff? Dono if i'm doing the titles wrong or something else :/ But the videos get like 5 views each
    I think your title is too long and generic in the wrong way. It should be something like "Let's Play SWTOR Ep. 25 "insert short summary episode title here" Jedi Knight Playthrough"

Also, your thumbnail is pretty basic. You're not going to pop out at all compared to other let's play series with thumbnails like that.

Something like this is what you should kinda be aiming for. Obviously it's a pokemon video, but the thumbnail art and title layout are what you should kinda be looking for. The art may look complicated, but honestly just a few Photoshop tutorials and you'd be able to make a solid thumbnail.

Deleted
    Well done on putting content up in Youtube!It may come useful one day.Besides if this MMO closes only Youtube will remember it unless they make it offline then.(really hope for online version someday)