Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    That´s exactly the point of that requirement.
    Lazy people won't care about achievements, even when it's something as important as flying. Leading for them would be a waste of time.
    that's where you are mistaken... flying ISNT important at all. everywhere i need to fly i already can, i do not have ANY need for flying in Draenor. The only time i leave my garrison is for Mythic HFC.

Im at about 718 Ilev, but i guess since i dont have flying all i want is a carry amirite?

Deleted
    Pretty sure this guy was just taking the piss, you see it a lot on my server "link <random achievement> to join".

Probably just taking the piss; I do stuff like that sometimes and 90% of players would grow two tumors on their ass before getting a joke.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say someone who couldn't put the easy work of getting flying in probably wouldn't put in the easy work of understanding boss mechanics.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    that's where you are mistaken... flying ISNT important at all. everywhere i need to fly i already can, i do not have ANY need for flying in Draenor. The only time i leave my garrison is for Mythic HFC.

Im at about 718 Ilev, but i guess since i dont have flying all i want is a carry amirite?
    Considering we're just going to lose flying again for ages when Legion hits, plus there being no reason to ever leave the garrison, yeah I can't see any reason to have flying right now either. I can't be bothered with that boring shit just to have it taken away again around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post

Link me flying. Don't have it? Tuff luck buddy. Go do your "mythics".

It does sound pretty ridiculous. Having flying may not be an indication of dedication to the game but I'm guessing the mythic raiders on their ilvl 718 toons probably aint interested in the average type of pug. So I guess the flying achievement requirement could still be looked at valid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Lazy people won't care about achievements, even when it's something as important as flying. Leading for them would be a waste of time.
    Lol holy fuck. There is no use for flying.

and this is why I want Blizz to make WoW even more solo friendly

so I dont have to touch the LFG tool outside of some brief world content or mythic dungeons

I have to question people's motives and sanity after seeing that display of elitism for the sake of 'merit.'

They quite obviously did not think their requirements through.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    was the raid leader an Arrakoa irl?

filthy ground dwellers..
    This and OP made me laugh. Thanks.
    im cool pls respodn

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I was in chat on my server just reading the usual trolling in general when I saw this:
    "LFM H BRF. Must link flying achievment. No GROUNDIES allowed!" When I PMed the person he just said "My raid, my rules" which is fair enough but I did find this pretty funny. I like the inference that groundies make, plus it didn't look like there was an actual level of gear needed. What do you guys think?

I was just talking to one of my guildies and she says the full definition of groundie is : (1)Someone who is too retarded to get the flying achievement and the only way to prove you are not too retarded is to have the flying achievement. (2) A mix of the words downie and ground. This makes it funnier imo, even though laughing at someone with Downs Syndrome is not cool.
    I think I have found a new thing to add to my requirements. along with too lazy to get the permanant rune.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    >Implying flying is important.

Flying provides zero benefit in raids.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by boonoob View Post
    Lol holy fuck. There is no use for flying.
    yep. no use for people being able to quickly make a direct line from point A to point B when their hearth(s) are on cooldown.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty asinine though to assume that just because someone doesn't have flying they're lazy.

I don't have flying yet because I was trying to do too many other things with my WoW time, and when real life work and study commitments kicked in it messed up my pacing a bit, so I'll only get flying next week.

Not that I have any issue with someone using this achievement for his raid. I assume it's just for a few laughs. But if he seriously thinks it will make his raid more successful he could be in for a surprise
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2015-09-08 at 07:29 AM.

And next expansion he will be on the forums complaining about legion not having flying yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it, a good humor to the other stupid demand, "Must link curve achievement".
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Portrays player mentality, which is half the reason I'm not keen on upgrading from LFR to Normal.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    This makes ZERO FUCKING SENSE. There's like 100 guilds with full Mythic progress who had no flying. It literally has ZERO IMPACT on raiding. If somebody linked like 7 Mythic progression and said, oh I can't be bothered with flying. You could decline them with this logic..

Look at raiding exp, possibly PvP if it's notable. This is the most retarded thing I've seen in a LONG TIME.

Deleted
    very much expected tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Well it might be a way to judge effort/hardcoreness so fair enough
    Wel... tbh.... it's definitely not hardcoreness.... effort? In my case needing something to do was more the case...