Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    4 patches and around 2 years, else its just more money for less content

They have already stated during its announcement they are working on the expansion after Legion, which leads me to believe like WoD it will have two tiers, maybe 3 if your lucky.

Personally I "want" it to be 2-3 years with 5 patches of content and I mean "content" not twitter crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckaelir View Post
    Would you like Legion's duration to be 1 year, same as WoD, or continue the traditional 2 year-4major patches style for a more complete story? With the new off-story factions being included in Legion, I think it is time they returned back to the 2year expansions.
    What do you think?
    What makes you think that WoD is going to be a year? We're 2 months away from WoD being out for a year, there's no chance in hell that Legion is coming out in November. So this is probably going to be at good 18-22 month expansion of crap content. I want them to go back to making good shit again, if that means longer expansions so be it. But WoD was absolute trash.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about duration as long as content is actually produced at a decent pace.

It really doesn't make a difference to me if an expansion is three tiers long, or two tiers long as long as the spacing between the tiers is good, and content is delivered. You absolutely get the most content when an expansion is released, and a shorter expansion cycle theoretically accomplishes that.

You don't need an expansion to last two years to finish up all the stories or loose ends, you just need to, uh, finish those loose ends. You don't need tiers of raid content to finish up stories either. My problem with WoD, and WoW in general is that there should be bigger non-raid patches between major patch cycles. These can add dungeons, areas, or other things that aren't necessarily raids to help move the story along and essentially accomplish the goal of finishing an expansion with everything accounted for.

I mean leaving a loose end or two isn't the end of the world in case they want to revisit something in the future, but Cataclysm and WoD for example just left so many things that could have been elaborated on before expansions end that it just bugs me. Honestly I think MoP was probably the best for tying everything nicely together, although it would have been nice to have a more concrete ending to show the lead in to WoD (as retarded as the trial actually was).

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    You don't need an expansion to last two years to finish up all the stories or loose ends, you just need to, uh, finish those loose ends. You don't need tiers of raid content to finish up stories either. My problem with WoD, and WoW in general is that there should be bigger non-raid patches between major patch cycles. These can add dungeons, areas, or other things that aren't necessarily raids to help move the story along and essentially accomplish the goal of finishing an expansion with everything accounted for.

I mean leaving a loose end or two isn't the end of the world in case they want to revisit something in the future, but Cataclysm and WoD for example just left so many things that could have been elaborated on before expansions end that it just bugs me. Honestly I think MoP was probably the best for tying everything nicely together, although it would have been nice to have a more concrete ending to show the lead in to WoD (as retarded as the trial actually was).
    Definitely feeling all of the above... I really loved the amount of non-raiding content that got pushed into MoP that advanced the story, or just otherwise provided a lot to do outside of simply raiding, which doesn't really allow for a lot of narrative either, you can clearly tell WoD suffered from this, since the portrayal of the story in-game was hopeless, in contrast to MoP where most of what you needed to know was accessible in-game.

They would definitely benefit from this method in Legion as well from a storyline perspective since there's an insane amount of characters already mentioned worthy of quite a bit of screen-time (and plenty of others not mentioned/confirmed to play a role that desperately need some, Vol'jin amongst them) along with also remedying a lot of WoD's problems from a gameplay perspective: having nothing to do outside of raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    They have already stated during its announcement they are working on the expansion after Legion, which leads me to believe like WoD it will have two tiers, maybe 3 if your lucky.

Personally I "want" it to be 2-3 years with 5 patches of content and I mean "content" not twitter crap.
    they should stop putting so much dev time into future xpacs and focus on making the current one good..

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    What was the point of WoD ultimately other than to resurrect Gul'dan?
    To keep us busy and maintain some subs while they work on Legion! At least I hope that that's the case.

Op uses the term "filler" expac... How can an expac be filler? IF any aspect of it progresses from a story point of view it cant be filler. People said MoP was filler.... Which is impossible as aspects of Mop were used to progress the story being told. WoD wasnt filler (it was terribad) because 1 aspect story wise was developed within it and directly leads to the next expansion

OT: I was an expac to last 1.8 years from start to finish, thats a perfect amount of time for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckaelir View Post
    Would you like Legion's duration to be 1 year, same as WoD
    Ha! As far as we know Legion could launch in September 2016 which sets WoD as an almost 2 year expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody knows.. but this is my opinion on the matter.

WoD lacked "things to do" apart from the boring Garrison stuff and Apexis nonsense. Moving forward into Legion, from the information we have gathered so far, this is how I believe it will play out.

Launch will be busy, we have 10 levels to grind and a new class to experiment with.

After launch, we have the following:

-Raids
    -New Honor System, making BG's relevant even if you're geared.
    -Dungeons will be structured better, to give them a reason to continue queuing (Blizz confirmed)
    -I strongly believe Dailies will make a return, as nobody really enjoyed the Apexis version (Blizz aware of this)
    -With Dailies comes Reputation Grinds (guess)
    -Class Halls, your followers will scout an area and tell you to check it out, rather than sitting in your garrison clicking Complete
    -Timewalking will most likely be improved, possibly adding Cata dungeons and Mists of Pandaria dungeons
    -Adventure Mode (No idea what this is? was hinted at recently)
    -Artifact Weapon upgrades (most likely a grind, something to do)

Currency for Rewards

I strongly believe the Legion dungeons will offer a currency, similar to Valor and/or Timewalking will continue from WoD and Timewalking badges will offer more rewards in Legion, giving people something to work towards.

By the time anyone gets bored of the above ^ we will most likely have a content patch.
    Last edited by Rekuja; 2015-09-08 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    People do not want faster xpacs. People want less time between last raid tier and xpacs. The only one who wants faster xpacs is blizzard cause they make more cash this way.
    This is exactly the case.
    Last edited by SpecterDK; 2015-09-09 at 02:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People do not want faster xpacs. People want less time between last raid tier and xpacs. The only one who wants faster xpacs is blizzard cause they make more cash this way.
    I'd much rather have more frequent expansions than what happened with Wrath, Cataclysm and Mists.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    you're gonna get infracted for that signature, it's too broad

They are probably well aware of this but they had a chance to misinterpret what we asked for and they went for it. When we start complaining about 1 year expansions (and we will) they can always say "well you asked for this" while rubbing themselves with all our money.

They won't succeed in making the gaps that much shorter I think. Which will mean we'll get slightly shorter gaps but we'll get them way more often, and that's even worse than what we had before.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    People don't want shorter expansions, they just don't want 9-15 month content gaps. I would rather have a 12-18 month expansion that didn't have that than a 24-30 month expansion where the last year of it was just one fucking thing. You will find lots of people with this mentality because it isn't retarded. I would absolutely love a long expansion which lasts 2-3 years and had heaps of raids and content and blah blah blah but if the choice is between short expansions without long content gaps and long expansions with massive content gaps, I'd choose the shorter ones.

TL;DR people don't want year long expansions, they just don't want year long content gaps
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'd much rather have more frequent expansions than what happened with Wrath, Cataclysm and Mists.
    I'd rather play 3.3.5/5.4 for a year than have faster WoD-like expansions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    they should stop putting so much dev time into future xpacs and focus on making the current one good..
    Yupp, but seems they are aiming for $$$ for expac purchase and less for game time, meaning less content for more money -.-

People have been crying about faster expansions for years, now OP states that the problem with WoD was its short duration?

Blizzard can't win. (Hey, i'm the first to blame blizzard for crappy decisions, but people are just getting cra... original on the reasons to whine).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Seriously? WOD was basically a 1 content patch expac, and it was the most expensive one thus far... and its not even certain when the next expac (Legion) will actually be out. You want less content for a bigger buck...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    People have been crying about faster expansions for years, now OP states that the problem with WoD was its short duration?

Blizzard can't win. (Hey, i'm the first to blame blizzard for crappy decisions, but people are just getting cra... original on the reasons to whine).
    Pretty sure people mean the lack of content, not the duration between the launch of WOD and the launch of Legion

Quickly ending expansion == $$$$$ for Blizz. As long a people buy and subscribe, they are doing the correct thing for Blizz and believe they are giving what the player base wants.

I don't want short expansions, i want more meat inside the expansion. Several tries of just the bare minimum does not make a complete expansion. We shall see how Legion fares.