Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    Corporations salivating at the prospect of paying people lesser wages.
    Why would they pay them lesser wages?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    The picture isn´t about car manufacturing alone. You don´t think there are 7 million germans working in car manufacturing right? Also mercedes already announced to teach them. You can´t simply assume that all the refugees want to study or work in a very specific field, makes no sense.
    The same still applies to other fields other then car manufacturing and I didn't assume that everyone would want to study or be picky with what they want to work with as that indeed makes no sense, but there will be a big portion of immigrants that will go down that road so you can't assume that everyone will just start working straight away and that the future labor problems will just go away.

Also yes, Mercedes have announced that they will teach them, but what about other businesses in general? Will all of them offer free learning of their craft?

My point is that it's just not that simple to predict as there are many factors to consider and to make such an analysis now will result in it not being very accurate.

Deleted
    Because they will gladly accept it. We are talking about people living way below what is considered western world poverty. They will gladly take a pay that allows them to live on bear minimum and as such set a standard for everyone else. Need I remind you that we are living in times where people cant afford families on minimum wage alone?

They are exploitable people. They come from literally nothing.

The history of exploitation of immigrants is a constant throughout history.

You really think it will be any different?

The Europeans who are clamoring for it are just too fucking stupid and high on liberal rainbow piss to see it. They are really dooming and damaging the future for their children. It is amazing to see such wanton disregard for themselves or their children's future.

Liberals and progressives in Europe have made such huge strides for worker's rights and compensation. To see them then open their countries doors and destroy themselves in the process and see wages plummet is simply fascinating to see. They are working against themselves.
    Last edited by Super Friendly Kitty Cat; 2015-09-09 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    aren't refugees supposed to go to the nearest country that's safe and not cross the mediterranean sea and go through several European countries before they arrive in the richest ones?
    Turkey, the country which is currently housing the VAST majority of refugees, does not have anything allowing the people seeking refuge to work.

People are leaving the Middle East because they don't want to be purely a burden. They don't want to sit around in refugee camps doing nothing waiting for the war to end.

These are people who want to work. Educated people, whose country was torn apart by a civil war and the rise of ISIS. They aren't "the next generation of ISIS fighters" as some people have suggested. They are fleeing the country where the choices they can see appear to be Assad or ISIS. Would you live in that country? Nobody else is going to manage to hold power, it's going to be one of those two. Would you flee rather than support either of those? I would. The only way people fleeing Syria become the next generation of ISIS fighters is if we turn our backs on them and leave them with the choice of supporting Assad or ISIS to survive.

Besides there are no requirements for people to seek refuge in countries nearby, especially if those countries have already taken in vast numbers of refugees, and can't afford to support many more because the amount of help being given by the rest of the world is pitiful.

Refugees can be temporary, or they can be permanent. Look at people who have fled communist dictators in the past, the vast majority of those remain in the places to which they fled.

Source of Turkey's refugee numbers: http://data.unhcr.org/syrianrefugees/regional.php Nearly half of all Syrian refugees worldwide in one country. Way to chip in world.

Total Syrian Asylum Applications in (ALL OF) Europe
    348,540 between Apr 2011 and Jul 2015

Total Syrian refugees in Turkey

Tell me more about how they're all coming to Western Europe.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2015-09-09 at 09:41 AM.

Deleted
    Turkey isn't the only country that borders Syria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turkey isn't the only country that borders Syria.
    Like Lebanon also being one of the highest refugee hosts? They cant exactly go east, since thata Isis, although Iran is also one top host

Deleted
    So much Xenophobia.

I am german and i think its the right thing to help those who flee from war and death to become a part of our society.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    So much Xenophobia.

I am german and i think its the right thing to help those who flee from war and death to become a part of our society.
    muslim integration has largely failed
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-09-09 at 10:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    aren't refugees supposed to go to the nearest country that's safe and not cross the mediterranean sea and go through several European countries before they arrive in the richest ones?
    Yep they should. Yet somehow they tend to have enough money to travel across Europe to search for the best country with largest social security. Not to mention the fact that when EU country tried to register them... what happened? Yes. They started shouting, shitting and doing whatever else they did in their home country.

There's that, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    tend to be uneducated yokels that were born in the wrong century.
    I have bad news for you about the people you're apparently a staunch supporter of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Awelon View Post
    They started shouting, shitting and doing whatever else they did in their home country.
    The first two items pretty much summed it all up as to what they've spent their time doing in their home country.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a completely different note, we have thousands of Ukrainians in dire need of help. People there are living in no better condition than those who are in Middle-East. Shellings, no clean water nor food supply, no landline communications, nothing. There are children in there too, yet what does the mighty European Union do about the Ukrainian situation? Nothing. EU doesn't accept Ukrainian refugees, because it's considered "safe" country, even though there are two large armed forces clashing with each other on daily basis. The double standards people are projecting in this immigrant crisis is quite awesome. As long as they're from Middle-East they need to be saved in order to "help them". Yet when Ukrainian mother with two children applied for safe haven, she was denied, because "it ain't that bad in the eastern part of the Ukraine". Just gotta love it EU. Perhaps Ukrainian who are fleeing should convert to Islam or something? Apparently then the Germany would take care of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Because they will gladly accept it. We are talking about people living way below what is considered western world poverty. They will gladly take a pay that allows them to live on bear minimum and as such set a standard for everyone else. Need I remind you that we are living in times where people cant afford families on minimum wage alone?
    You probably should inform yourself about unions, because as far as i´m aware, mercedes has pretty strict regulations in place thanks to unions.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    That is what I explained a few days ago in another thread, word for word what the CEO of Mercedes said, but our local racists claimed it was all nonsense.

People that are 'concerned about immigration' just tend to be uneducated yokels that were born in the wrong century.
    Oh my god! People are voicing concerns over movements of hundreds of thousands of people into Europe from what is arguably the most radicalised part of the modern world. It's true that some of the reactions on these forums are racist, but labelling any opinion that doesn't subscribe to a utopian liberal world view as such is galling.

On topic: offcourse bringing in cheap labour is good for the profit margins of large companies, and therefore for the economy as a whole. However, keep in mind that on the other side of this coin, there are likely to be people that are their losing jobs to individuals that make up the cheaper labor force.

The phenomenon of migrants coming into Europe is not necessarily a bad thing; what is bad is our government's (and our peoples') inability to integrate them into our societies; as sad as the situation in Syria is, the current knee-jerk reactions going around the internet in response to a dead child in Turkey are harmful in the long-run. We have been largely unsuccessful in our efforts to integrate immigrants in the past, and we will be largely unsuccessful with those that are coming in now; it's not that this should stop us from doing the 'morally correct' thing, but voicing concerns over this aspect of migration is (in my opinion) justified. We have completely lost view of reality, and opened our borders to thousands of refugees over the course of the last few days: how can we possibly delude ourselves that we are prepared to scale all the challenges that doing so will entail? A humanitarian crisis is dawning, but it shouldn't overshadow national security. I strongly believe that - considering where these refugees are coming from - there should be more procedures in place that try to separate the radicals from those that truly want nothing but to resume a life of normality. Considering the numbers that we are accepting, I seriously doubt that we have been able to do so.

Other people on these forums have also brought up many other good points. It's important to have perspective; we shouldn't all just subscribe to utopian liberalism - a healthy dose of cynicism is good for you.
    Last edited by Berri; 2015-09-09 at 12:02 PM.

So much Xenophobia.

Those immigrants don't want to be part of German society though. They are running for the country that will give them the most stuff for the longest time. It's a bullshit scam, and for whatever reason, Germany and Germans are so blind they can't see through it.

They don't want to assimilate. They just want your social welfare programs.

Germany was seriously looking like a huge player on the world stage with everything going right, and now you will regress into a second world country.

It's sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Awelon View Post
    On a completely different note, we have thousands of Ukrainians in dire need of help. People there are living in no better condition than those who are in Middle-East. Shellings, no clean water nor food supply, no landline communications, nothing. There are children in there too, yet what does the mighty European Union do about the Ukrainian situation? Nothing. EU doesn't accept Ukrainian refugees, because it's considered "safe" country, even though there are two large armed forces clashing with each other on daily basis. The double standards people are projecting in this immigrant crisis is quite awesome. As long as they're from Middle-East they need to be saved in order to "help them". Yet when Ukrainian mother with two children applied for safe haven, she was denied, because "it ain't that bad in the eastern part of the Ukraine". Just gotta love it EU. Perhaps Ukrainian who are fleeing should convert to Islam or something? Apparently then the Germany would take care of them.
    White people in Europe need help? Fuck em.

They must be radicalized muslims, or africans.

That is the liberal progressive way!

Diversity is strength!

Caucasian Europeans have no culture!

Mass immigration of people with completely opposite and different religions, customs, language and culture is the only way to save Europe!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Nothing to see here. It has been known for some time migration would offset the looming demographic crisis in most european countries.

No one really cares, because the anti-migration argument isn't really based on anything other than the shallowest racism, so there isn't a lot of point bringing facts into it. There are some actual anti-migration arguments to be made which are rational: eg the impact on workers wages particulary in specific sectors. Those arguments are never made because people who hold anti-migrant are frankly intellectually incapable of understanding them.
    Because it's pure propaganda. They don't account for automation and rationalization advances and unemployment figures.
    How do you think countries such as Island can even exist, flourish even.

I have yet to lose a single argument against all these so called highly educated pro immigration lefties. They call me names, question my intelligence and schooling. They outright dismiss my ideas and arguments without any consideration, they demand i present empirical data and when i do present data from reputable sources to support my arguments they evade, deflect and resort to logical fallacies. I expect you are no different based on what you just said.

I wish you could see that YOU are the ignorant redneck you accuse others of being.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Because it's pure propaganda. They don't account for automation and rationalization advances and unemployment figures.
    How do you think countries such as Island can even exist, flourish even.

I have yet to lose a single argument against all these so called highly educated pro immigration lefties. They call me names, question my intelligence and schooling. They outright dismiss my ideas and arguments without any consideration, they demand i present empirical data and when i do present data from reputable sources to support my arguments they evade, deflect and resort to logical fallacies. I expect you are no different based on what you just said.

I wish you could see that YOU are the ignorant redneck you accuse others of being.
    That is liberal arguing 101.

Deflect, obfuscate, ignore, tantrum, and then accuse people of racism and being stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I wouldn't take any cost benefit analysis that far off in the future seriously.
    Ofc not, not any social/political analysis.
    Its just immediate greed.
    Also, just give natality incentives for natives, theres no need to import/rely on external influx.

Deleted
    So much Xenophobia.

How about the huge percentage of refugees that aren't refugees according to definition set by the UN? The same people that seek asylum to escape getting "murdered" are the same ones who go back to Somalia, Eritrea, Ethiopia or Middle eastern countries on vacation first chance they get.
    Explain to me how it is rational that former refugees are vacationing in the same countries that we are still granting asylum to.

You are buying in to the propaganda that all these people are escaping prosecution, violence, war, starvation and murder when many of them does not. Refugees are moving en masse trough countries that offer them asylum just so they can get to northern Europe where the welfare checks are larger and where we don't ask for papers or identification. Hell! people who have been living in Europe, Turkey etc for years are now all of the sudden Syrian war refugees.

The German people are being taken advantage of and you are all played for fools. Meanwhile thousands of actual convention refugees are unable to get the security and help they need.

I'm also extremely tired of seeing labels such as xenophobic being thrown around as some kind of sledge with which to hammer opponents with it just show you don't even begin to grasp what the rest of us are talking about. You haven't a faintest clue.

Tell you what. I'm willing to completely open the Swedish boarders to ANYONE as long as we also completely reform our social security and tax system. Let every man take care of himself. All of Africa could move here and i wouldn't even blink. How is that for xenophobia?
    Last edited by mmoc0ad0497bcb; 2015-09-09 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post

The German people are being taken advantage of and you are all played for fools.
    Not going to see truer words than this.