Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wow, there are a lot of suiciders in here. You might feel differently when (and if) you actually reach the age that you propose for self-annihilation. There's so much to do and learn in this one precious life that we have, it's hard to imagine ever being bored.

I think I'm most looking forward to the "fuck it" years where you can do and say anything you want and people will just go, "Oh, that's just grandpa. He's old, you know." The only thing that will spoil it is if I get a disease that affects my ability to think and learn. Senility does run in my family, so hopefully there will be some kind of treatment for that by the time I reach that age.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    No, I like my looks and I don't like the thought of ultimately losing them.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Xistenz View Post
    By the time you're old, the retirement age is like 90 XD
    I lucked out... kinda?

The mean age of my parents is about 74 years-ish... the males die in their 60's but the females live to 9,000.

so i have more or less a good idea what my remaining lifespan is like, barring some magic body-replacement pill bestowed upon us by science-aliens from planet never-gonna-happen...

Low side, high 50's.
    High side, mid 60's.

and then there is no more me.

i am 41.

Last edited by Emageht Tsoluoy; 2015-09-10 at 07:12 AM. Reason: i dunno. /clears treesmoke?

Have to agree with other posters on euthanasia, we suffer a great deal of pain throughout our lives in terms of broken bones, heart, and everything in-between.

Would you really want a few years of constant loss (friends etc dying away with the addition of arthritis)?

I mean, think about us at 80... all this staring at computer screens and typing. Our eyes will be ruined, and we will have wrecked backs and arthritis.

To me.. bring on a nice little injection at the comfortable age of 80
    This is my signature. It states my prediction of the next expansion. Not only is it correct in my eyes, but should also be in yours too.
    Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot, a bad, and a pleb.

- A Quote from every narcissistic, defiant, self-absorbed theorist on these forums. True story.

Only because technology will advance while my age does.
    I wish i could be immortal though.

Deleted
    Growing old with people of my generation ... we are going to have huge lans in the care centers

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Is there even a choice?
    Actually there is one, you accept it, or you do not... You can't avoid it.
    Yep, it's called a bullet.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not even slightly. I'm still only pretty young, but even at 23 I feel too old. I'm unsure of what I'm doing with my life, and now longer in the structure of Education. Really need help to figure out what I want to do and what I need to do to get there. I dread growing old, being this age has times of adventure and fun related to them. I'm seeing the people around me get married, travel and so on and I feel so out of touch and lonely.

My main goal in life is to be happy. A family, a stable income, a job I enjoy, friends around me. Those things exist in youth. Being old brings death and loneliness, and I cannot look forward to those. If my sanity goes, I think I'd rather be euthanized. Old, lonely and not knowing who I am anymore?
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    Nope, I'll probably kill myself before retirement.
    Why wait? If I didn't have anyone I'd probably do it now, not having to deal with all shit... But got a nephew so I guess I'm in it for the long run
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I am 38 and in great health. However I refuse to ever get to the point where I'm a burden to others having to care for me (ie. sponge bath me, wipe my ass, feed me, etc). I honestly plan to take myself out before I ever reach that point.
    Winner takes my car clean and clear. But if I lose, I take the cash and I take the respect!

No. I'm still waiting for Peter Pan to get me out of here.

When your hair begins to thin and you are no longer able to pop boners like you were once able to, you realize that you are not ready to age.

Yes. This world is miserable as it is already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and no.

Yes because I have moderate-to-severe (on the severe end) Crohn's, and the disease usually chills the fuck down when the patient is older like 40+.

No because at 24 I already have several health issues I shouldn't have had to worry about before my mid-thirties because of aforementioned disease, and I can't expect THOSE to get better with age.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sure, I can't wait till I get my wizard powers at 30. And even more at later ages.

I'm 27. The only real thing that concerns me is that I'll be older when all my favorite games release their sequels in 3 or 4 years :P I know people OLDER then me that play them. But it's still intimidating to think... I'll be 31, at the very least. When the next Dragon Age comes out. I don't feel 27 at all... I still feel like I'm younger. But that might because I'm a firm believer in 'you're only as old as you feel'.

I'm a type I Diabetic who's healthy. So I have that going for me. My grandpa passed away at 67. But my other grandparents are all over 70, and still kicking. So I think I'm pretty good. He was an avid smoker, and drinker... I loved the guy a lot, but I don't think he had the healthiest habits.

Not especially. I'm not even 30 yet, but I already notice the body growing slower and pudgier. Even had to start working out to keep from getting fat a while back. And my knees are starting to go already due to congenital arthritis, just like half the other members of my family.

I expect I will only get slower, require more maintenance, and be riddled with more aches as time goes along.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

It isn't the age thing, it's the parts wearing out thing, lol. Especially if the brain goes first. That ain't cool. That's the big thing I fear: Dementia.

But look: I am 55 and it isn't that bad, getting older. It's just trade-offs. Yeah, I can't do things I did at 25 but the big trade-off for me has been that I like myself way more than I did when I was younger. Not in a stuck-up way. It's just that I've figured out that it's okay to be who I am, and I don't wish I was like someone else anymore. For me, that is a great feeling and I am okay with giving up other stuff to be that okay with myself.

I will say that the way your body changes is just weird. It isn't the obvious stuff like gray hair or losing hair. It's the little stuff, like how your skin sort of changes texture. The stuff you never noticed much until it happens to you.

I have a disability and that sucks, and some days I wish I was 25 again . . .but I'd only want to be 25 for about 24 hours. Then I'd go back to being old me. It's okay. It's part of life, and experiencing the whole enchilada is part of the adventure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I look forward to growing old with my husband and expierencing the world differently.
    You'll do just fine then. :-)
    Last edited by Spinster; 2015-09-11 at 02:03 AM.