Help, developing Business Case for IT

Brief background, we use SharePoint sites to share documentation between global regions. IT puts a storage limit of 10 gigabytes per site, which is crazy low. In order to be granted more space I need to develop a business case as to why I need the additional storage. IT will review my case. For any IT people out there what talking points would you suggest. Thanks for the assist.

Ok, first off, you probably need to EXPRESS those needs in a formal manner. I mean, saying 10gb is "crazy low" to your IT Dept ( if for PPS and DOCs, for exemple ) is not gonna help you. On the other hand, if you work with video and audio, it sure is kindda low.

>List the sizes of the files you use.
    >List everyone in the company who uses them.
    >Say what will happen if you don't increase the size.
    >CEO increases your budget.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't imagine having a storage limit on Sharepoint sites at all. Why? Storage is cheap, and the whole point of Sharepoint (at its most basic level) is to share and store documents in a secure manner. Putting a 10 GB limit on it is like saying, "OK gang, we want you to use this service which will improve collaboration and information security, but when you run out of room, go ahead and get yourself a drop box account, circumventing our IT department totally."
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I can't imagine having a storage limit on Sharepoint sites at all. Why? Storage is cheap, and the whole point of Sharepoint (at its most basic level) is to share and store documents in a secure manner. Putting a 10 GB limit on it is like saying, "OK gang, we want you to use this service which will improve collaboration and information security, but when you run out of room, go ahead and get yourself a drop box account, circumventing our IT department totally."
    I know its very crazy but true. Right now we are considering daisy chaining a series of 10gig sites together to get the extra storage, which would be a permissions nightmare the way we have access rites structured. This is the same group that tells me no mp4 videos and keep your wmv under 600kbps streaming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    >List the sizes of the files you use.
    >List everyone in the company who uses them.
    >Say what will happen if you don't increase the size.
    >CEO increases your budget.
    Thank you muchly!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Yup storage is very cheap, but I'd guess one of two situation are actually occuring:
    1. The decision for 10G limit was not really ITs idea but higher management. People making decisions to save pennies that have no idea of the technologies being used.
    2. The cost for the sharepoint storage is coming from ITs budget which is very commonly so tight that even cheap storage can cause penny pinching.