Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Now you need to have it soft lock again and the moment it does that feel the heatsinks (the black stuff) again immediately.

If that stuff gets so hot that it's 90°C - 110°C then you'll notice it will burn you simply from the heat it exhausts before even touching it.
    it burns fingers after 4-5 sec of holding on em

Tazic, did you check if your render scale is getting boosted to 200% when you use the AMD proggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Tazic, did you check if your render scale is getting boosted to 200% when you use the AMD proggy.
    its getting boosted to 200% yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazic View Post
    it burns fingers after 4-5 sec of holding on em
    It's probably a bit cooler in WoW but most likely after some time the VRMs have worn from heat. BTW VRM temps are not the same as chipset temp. Very few motherboards actually report the VRM temp. The Gigabyte board I have does actually report the temp, but not sure about yours. I have a very similar setup that you have and those huge fans aren't helping cool the VRMs much. Just to give you an idea of what people do to keep them cool. You can try to aim air flow with a fan directed at those VRMs and run the test again. If it doesn't crash, that's your problem. Though either way I'd RMA the board to Asus.

i will look up on a locat store site cause tbh i havent seen heatsink for the chipset location before...

damn i feel like a complete idiot. and i helped like most of my family and friends build their pc and now im the 1 needing help....
    Last edited by Tazic; 2015-09-09 at 10:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Reduce that to 100%

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    It's probably a bit cooler in WoW but most likely after some time the VRMs have worn from heat. BTW VRM temps are not the same as chipset temp. Very few motherboards actually report the VRM temp. The Gigabyte board I have does actually report the temp, but not sure about yours. I have a very similar setup that you have and those huge fans aren't helping cool the VRMs much. Just to give you an idea of what people do to keep them cool. You can try to aim air flow with a fan directed at those VRMs and run the test again. If it doesn't crash, that's your problem. Though either way I'd RMA the board to Asus.
    Temperature is not hot enough.
    If it takes 4 - 5 seconds to get a burning feeling it means it's in the ~60 - 69°C range, which means it hurts but it's not actually burning.
    Either that or the OP has so much dead skin on his fingers that he can take 100°C+ for 5 seconds without flinching and not many humans can.

VRMs aren't the issue.

However I do agree with jerry rigging a 23CM fan that blows over that VRM area, should help alot.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would just like to say that with a build like that, only a software using a lot of resources would cause FPS issues like that. Nothing to do with the OS, so you can ignore that if you wanna stick with Windows 7. VRM sounds like the most logical one in this case though.

I hope, however, that this is not becoming a trend on these forums to "upgrade to Windows 10, cuz your FPS will get better". It will only get marginally better. And as someone else posted, WoW does not use DX12.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

i will look up on a locat store site cause tbh i havent seen heatsink for the chipset location before...

damn i feel like a complete idiot. and i helped like most of my family and friends build their pc and now im the 1 needing help....
    Nobody knows everything and it's not a problem you've encountered before.

I would give serious thought to what has changed though. This seems like a problem that should have cropped up much earlier, if it is due to an inherent flaw of this CPU/MB.

After market heatsinks for motherboard chipsets are a highly specialized and specific item. Unless you have an extremely well stocked and comprehensive store, it won't have something for your motherboard.

Again, try the fan first. You can always hunt it down later.

That's something you're going to have to mail order, almost certainly.

im going to see if rigging 2-3 23cm fan is going to help if not then i guess its time, to try out Intel and replace the motherboard

15+ Year Old Account
    Have you reduced this to 100% yet? Because you're rendering @ 3840x2160 that is being downsampled to 1920x1080 if that is your monitor's resolution.
    This WILL make quite the difference as you're pushing 4 times the amount of pixels vs. 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a similar problem on my PC (tho I use Intel) and realized that the processor was under throttle for some reason so I installed ThrottleStop and locked the multiplier to the maximum allowed w/o overclocking and since then I have had no performance problems
    "Everything is a manifestation of your own free will, for better or for ill."

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Have you reduced this to 100% yet? Because you're rendering @ 3840x2160 that is being downsampled to 1920x1080 if that is your monitor's resolution.
    This WILL make quite the difference as you're pushing 4 times the amount of pixels vs. 100%.
    yep i taken it down to 100%

isnt Throttlestop a tool for Laptops? and it only works for Intel it looks like since AMD is not supported
    Last edited by Tazic; 2015-09-09 at 11:18 PM.

Did a stress test after adding 1 fan over the Motherboard chipset area
    highest heat it goes to now is 68 compared to yesterdays 75 and soft lock

have been running it for 1 hour now without problem and it stayed on 68 the whole time.
    so i guess thats fixed? for now

10+ Year Old Account
    That makes sense since motherboards also act like heatsinks. If those VRMs get hot then it'll effect the CPU as well, cause copper motherboard. Even with water cooling my 8350 would hit 70C until I put some serious cooling on the VRMs. Now it's 60C with Prime95. Probably why if anything happens to this machine my next CPU will be Intel, or AMD Zen when and if they release those chips. Look at all the crazy I do to keep that thing cool running. Though this is more of motherboard manufacturers fault than AMD's but you'd think AMD would have done something by now.

image free hosting

i've been reading a bit around, searched for what options that depended most on the CPU and i noticed this thread
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9972977266

i know i don't have intel but i wanted to keep reading and while doing the steps he suggested i noticed that several of my CPU is actually Parked
    CPU1 , 3, 5 and 7 out of 8
    and kept on reading noticing im not actually using my whole CPU for some reason even with 0 programs up.
    im going to give it a shot by unparking those that is parked for some reason

Edit:
    i tried it and it worked in 1 way instead of 28 fps i have 50 now,
    as long as i don't make the View Distance and Environment Detail higher than Good.

tried it out in a raid most fps i can get even on lowest in fight is 25 fps so i guess its better to just get a new motherboard/CPU
    Last edited by Tazic; 2015-09-10 at 08:02 PM. Reason: added link to tool that helped