Poll: Do you mind immigrants?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    @Poll choices: There's more to the world than US and EU.
    But in US and UE there's more US and EU than the rest of the world.

I don't mind Mexicans; most of them are hard workers, and have strong family values.

Quote Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    I strongly believe that if you move to another country, no matter if you're European, American, Middle Eastern, Chinese or anything else, you should make an honest and serious effort of learning the local language and to try to get to know all the local customs, values and traditions.

It's about showing respect to the community that took you in.
    Pretty much.
    Sadly there are communities that self segregate.
    Am an immigrant myself and have moved around quite a bit, always put effort to learn the language previous to immigrating and important cultural nuances.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    I'm Danish. Well, my dad is Turkish and my mom is Danish, I was born in Denmark.

He moved here about 30 years ago, when we were importing foreign workers (so-called guest workers) but never really integrated. He only hangs out with other Turks and I can barely communicate with him. I'm 27.

Despite Turkey having developed and become very western in the past few decades, his views and culture has been stuck in a kind of time-loop, and he hasn't moved with the times - simply because he hasn't really integrated into the Danish society. It's a shame really, I wish he'd have put in some effort, if he was gonna stay here for the rest of his life :/

I can barely communicate with him, because I don't speak Turkish, my brothers have to translate every time I go visit, which is awkward, so I very rarely do.
    Did your mom and dad divorced or what? How can your brothers speak Turkish but you can't?

@OP

It will not matter. Because immigrants will integrate in the society anyhow. This procession is called assimilation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Pretty much.
    Sadly there are communities that self segregate.
    Am an immigrant myself and have moved around quite a bit, always put effort to learn the language previous to immigrating and important cultural nuances.
    Dont worry, in a few years you'll probably speak English well enough for people to understand you

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I don't mind Mexicans; most of them are hard workers, and have strong family values.
    In my experience they also tend to keep to themselves and don't cause a lot of problems in the community. Sadly its when the guy who shoots 3 people happens to be an immigrant that people start to associate that behavior with all immigrants regardless of legality. Really the only thing I would require is that all immigrants to any country should at least learn that areas language.

I got absolutely no problem with immigrants as long as they adapt and integrate themselves to the community they moved to.

But I'll be damned if they come here, and then make demands for the country they moved to to ADAPT to their needs... absolute worst offenders are Muslims; for example - Pork... be it taking a job as a cashier then saying they will not handle it just because, or making demands to supermarkets or restaurants to stop selling pork. It's THESE Muslim I have an absolute seething hate towards. They even wish to have Sharia Law brought in to administrate amongst themselves in their ghetto areas. Fuck that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creem Pie View Post
    @OP

It will not matter. Because immigrants will integrate in the society anyhow. This procession is called assimilation.
    The extreme first gen immigrants eg Muslims who expect the host country to abide by Shariah Law will never integrate.

Hopefully, their children will.

My answer isn't in the poll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    What would your answer be?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    Why not? Whats your answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

As to the second, cultures are always changing. Fearmongering that your culture might change because of immigrants is no different in any character than, say, people complaining about how this "devil rock music" is going to destroy the next generation. It's exactly the same thing, just applied to a different cultural factor.
    I think that devil rock music did destroy our culture.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Expectations and reality rarely match. It is not working at the moment, it will not magically start working because you really, really wish it did, and expect it to change to the standards you want.
    Who said it has to "work" Who said the problem has to be "solved" nicely so we can have nice fuzzy feeling in our guts. It's like you said expectations and reality rarely match... Expectations of your kind that is.

The only rational/logical solution is to change the programs that deal with refugees and immigrants to better meet their needs and improve the goal of integration.
    No. immigrants are to meet our needs. They integrate to us.

There only seems to be one group who fails to integrate.

Deleted
    What do you mean by integrating? Because I don't mind immigrants keeping their own cultural identity, as they often bring new products and idea's and enrich my own culture.

Voted don't mind them regardless of them integrating or not, because I have the feeling that by integrating you mean they should 100% comply to our cultural norms and values.

As long as they find work and are able to contribute to our society, I don't mind them, the first generation shouldn't be expected to master the language 100% (because Flemish is a very hard language to learn) as long as they are able to use the basics. Their kids should definitly be mixed up with native children, instead of being send to schools with 80-90% immigrant children.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    What if those individuals are so numerous that they deliberately abuse the crowd mechanics to get away with their misdemeanors? What then?
    Are you trying to suggest that we should punish the entire crowd because some mischeavous individuals hide in said crowd?
    Last edited by mmoc013aca8632; 2015-09-11 at 01:09 PM.

In America your forced to integrate, or you die. No money, no housing, no food.
    Wait what? No. This is not the case at all. I know many immigrants personally that are not at all forced to do such.

My neighbors are Indian and they are lovely, wonderful people without any "forced integration". Only two of their household speak English. I think the mom/wife can speak a little English, maybe (thank you/please/hello).

Members of my family are immigrants also free of any such "forced" integration. Half of which do not speak English whatsoever.

Actually, for the most part Americans don't really care too much about immigrants coming to the country. As the day to day living where my mom lives in Texas is such that few get riled or have a negative word to say about the supposed 'Mexican menace'. Out in Arizona where my aunt and uncle live, same situation- nobody really cares.

Living in NYC, Miami, Chicago and San Francisco I have experienced a lot of ethnically diverse neighborhoods. Not a single time can I recall any open hostility toward immigrants; whether they were integrated or not. The opposition seems mostly fringe and media generated.

For the most part, I would say Americans do not care about immigrants coming to our country. And there is certainly no being forced to integrate.

What in the actual fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Statement of the day: Nobody minds a well integrated immigrant There, i said it. So is this true? According to alot of threads, atleast 50% of MMO-champ is stormfront-nazi-racist, or is the truth somewhere in the middle?

How many of you mind an immigrant that learns the language 100%, gets a job and works hard their entire life?
    Has a few decent kids, raises them right, teaches the country of residence norms and morals, growing up to be succesfull in life? How many of you minds an immigrant that behaves just like the natives in your country? That doesnt resort to violence or crime?

So what do you mind?
    I mind immigrants that dont integrate. That only speak their native language, create communities and dont interact with the locals. I mind immigrants that therfor cant get a proper education and write a proper application letter/email and therfor dont get a job. That results in a poor social status, which resorts into crime and cashing wellfare checks. And who pays for that? Me, trough the tax system. I mind those same people demanding local traditions to be removed or changed because they dont go hand-in-hand with their idea's. I dislike people who put themself in shitty positions because they refuse to addapt so to say.

Am i a racist for that?
    Are you?

For Americans:
    The European immigration crisis is somewhat different from yours. In America your forced to integrate, or you die. No money, no housing, no food. Simple as that. In European countries, we have a social system that gives you wellfare checks to provide a basic income. Hell, dont speak the language after living here for 30 years? The government hires a translator for you.

The social system is paid for by very high taxes on pretty much everything. The working man pays for the poor basicly. Now imagine you paying for your neighbour while he drives a BMW, and your neighbour does nothing to get a job or increase his chances. I believe thats where the current "hate" is coming from.

Anyhow, im very curious as to how many are actually racist on these forums and how many just dont like the people settling in their country not bothering to integrate.

So, are you a racist, or do you just hate people not integrating?
    im not a racist - i dont have anything again geys,jew,afroamericans,mexican or whaever nation they are - i do have everything agains young men very heathy strong who do not defend their country only run to live on EU social - majority of immigrants from african/syria etc atm are young heathy strong men not women not elderly people not children - what is happening now is basickly a first phase of new jihad - first they will settle down and then start demanding puting their religion and culture above our - they do not want to integrate they just want to live of our taxes - thats what i have agains them not their skin or religion which i couldnt care less about as long as they come to inegrate into culture not replace our with theirs.

i orginally come from Poland a country which suffered extremly big during XIX-XX ages but we never given up our land always resisted even when we had no chance of victory - hell my country at some point vanished from maps for 123 years due to neibours invading but peopel here never given up, during WWII we coudl have easily given up liek France and just let hitler in but were resisted same when communist came after ww2 we were always fighting with them - and now we have those syrian people who refuse to fight for their country - why in the hell would we provide shelter for young men from there who refuse to defend their land and families. it has nothing to do with racism i just do not want to support cowards.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2015-09-11 at 01:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    im not a racist - i dont have anything again geys,jew,afroamericans,mexican or whaever nation they are - i do have everything agains young men very heathy strong who do not defend their country only run to live on EU social - majority of immigrants from african/syria etc atm are young heathy strong men not women not elderly people not children - what is happening now is basickly a first phase of new jihad - first they will settle down and then start demanding puting their religion and culture above our - they do not want to integrate they just want to live of our taxes - thats what i have agains them not their skin or religion which i couldnt care less about as long as they come to inegrate into culture not replace our with theirs.

i orginally come from Poland a country which suffered extremly big during XIX-XX ages but we never given up our land always resisted even when we had no chance of victory - hell my country at some point vanished from maps for 123 years due to neibours invading but peopel here never given up, during WWII we coudl have easily given up liek France and just let hitler in but were resisted same when communist came after ww2 we were always fighting with them - and now we have those syrian people who refuse to fight for their country - why in the hell would we provide shelter for young men from there who refuse to defend their land and families. it has nothing to do with racism i just do not want to support cowards.
    Oh boy,, I can't imagine how butthurt you must be because the EU is forcing Poland to take their share of the asylum seekers xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Who says? I do. And decency, and respect for human life. You should get to know them.
    I already did. They are not what they seem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Are you trying to suggest that we should punish the entire crowd because some mischeavous individuals hide in said crowd?
    No... I'm saying we should look cock eyed on them and be picky as to who we let in. We should definetly close our arms a little and not open ourselves like naive children. Trust is one thing, setting yourself up for disaster is another.