View Poll Results: HOW important do would you say your smartphone is to you?

Voters
134. This poll is closed
  • Not Very, I use it for business or stay in touch, but that's it.

69 51.49%
  • OMG, My Smartphone is my life almost part of me!

9 6.72%
  • I am not that fanatic about it, but I am noticing its changed me.

30 22.39%
  • I don't have a smart phone (I'm Grizzly Adams)

26 19.40%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still use a flip pre-paid phone that I bought for emergencies (AAA). Yep, I'm That Guy.

Deleted
    I don't have one. My tablet though..*hissss*

I've never owned a personal smartphone. I have a shitty prepaid dumbphone that I recharge once a year. I recently had to recharge because the 365 day credit was about to expire. I'd put $20 on the phone and hadn't used it all in a year.

Work gave me a smartphone. I sometimes use it to google things on the train or the rare occasions I'm not near a PC. It's occasionally handy but not worth the cost IMO.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2015-09-10 at 04:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I wouldn't like losing it, having my phone gives me a sense of security.

It helps if you get lost or need a ride or whatever. I rarely use social media so in that sense it's not that big of a deal to me.

I used mine mainly for work, I'd like to be rid of it completely, but it's become a necessary evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could live without it...sure some times I use some of the fancy stuff that is only on a smart phone...but I definitely don't need it and I'm not attached to it.

I feel like if you have any semblance of a social life or friends in the real world, you have at least a flip phone. Beyond that, entry level prepaid smartphones can go for as little as $30. Short of technological incompetency, I don't see why said person with a social life and a prepaid phone plan wouldn't have a smartphone.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. I only use it to answer text messages and play Angry Birds
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Had a Samsung Galaxy S1 at end of last year, so i get used to smartphones. Worked out very well. Just used it to check my mails, whatsapp an playing while in the bus. Just 4 Monts ago i got a Iphone 4s by a friend. Same usage, just added listening to mp3´s while in gym or jogging outside. Guess its nothing special to me, but surely changed me. I´m just more in touch with my friends with it

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    It's a phone. An inanimate object.
    Things don't need to have a pulse for people to become attached to them.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Things don't need to have a pulse for people to become attached to them.
    True, but I find that strange. Especially with something like a phone...I can sortof understand an attachment to a family heirloom, but for me personally even that's a stretch.

Im willing to pay alot for it but in reality i don't really use it that much.
    I dont facebook, i dont twitter, i only talk to 2 people on skype and only text like three people.
    and maybe half a dozen times per day.
    yet i pay like $65/mo for it.

I think its just the alure of having so much power in your pocket readily available, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    True, but I find that strange. Especially with something like a phone...I can sortof understand an attachment to a family heirloom, but for me personally even that's a stretch.
    I guess it's better to think of it as an attachment to being connected to the rest of the world so easily, not necessarily the device that facilitates it.

build pics

i dont care that much about my phone 4s. it was free with my phone plan so, its technically worth $0. i mean its a great phone but my computer is way more essential. and how is a phone gonna replace a comp? i like using my 24' monitor to watch tv online, a phone isnt going to make that more comfortable or convenient.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt say that I'm attached to it, but since it's so convenient and useful I'd say I'm reliant on it. Bus tickets, shopping, socializing(No not facebook), getting info(time, plans, news, etc.), and so on.
    It's an important device. No doubt.
    I'm not saying people with no phone are in use of one, just that I am in use of one, I'd miss busses, where to be, any news, and friends. Music is great too!

Games and hobbies on phone though is something I don't like. I'd rather enjoy my imagination instead of Angry Birds or Hearthstone.
    im cool pls respodn

Deleted
    Hmm, kind of. I use it as my MP3 player (Spotify ftw), and for calls and messages. I also use it to check Twitter and Facebook, post pictures to Instagram, etc.

But I prefer to use my desktop for most things. I can't play games or watch videos on my phone, it's just so awkward.

I used it as a phone and alarm clock.
    Any other functions you have far better on a computer, why bother?
    They are quite good for... other uses though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have it with me everywhere, but only to be able to be reached anywhere I go. I hardly use it to make calls to anyone. The most important feature other than the obvious calling the phone does for me....is to be a clock.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if I'm "attached", but I use it a lot for reading, music, sound books and various forms of chatting to people. Would suck to be without one now that I'm used to it. Just stuff like GPS and Google in my pocket are amazing when you need it.