Deleted
    I know for damn sure that the announcement trailer that showed people hunting pokemon at some desolate scottish ruins is false advertisement

then again there is a lot more in that trailer that's not present now.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Sure, where I live is not the games fault… but the poor ass spawn system they came up for the game sure as hell ain’t my fault, they were the ones who made the decision to scale Pokemon spawns based on cellular data usage, more people, more Pokemons, no people, no Pokemons, that’s a choice they made, it is a game design decision they came up with, a poor ass decision that is preventing many people to even be able to play the game because they had the “bad luck” to live in a poke wasteland.
    Yea, bummer. The decision to base the spawns on density is a real bummer for some. That still is not an expression of gameplay- Rural Jimmy can still play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    in fencers eyes we're pleebs who dont deserve to play because we were born in a small rural area
    Don't be silly. Rural players can still play the game. It doesn't mean they are allowed to cheat because it may be harder.

7+ Year Old Account
    oh yeah did i mention i had a 37 cp bulbasaur appear, hit it with a greath it, circle nearly perfect in the middle, and with a greatball... 1... 2... pops out runs away... like for fucks sakes...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Been skimming the forums, might have missed it, but in regards to the GPS spoofers. I don't care if you spoof, to collect all the pokemon/ get the highest that you can. But then to mob gyms just because is stupid. Pretty much every Pokemon can be taken down in the gym, especially when its 6v1, so whats the point. Too be a nuisance? if that? Even still, the gym turnover rate is so ridiculous, not even worth it. I've seen gyms taken over and then replaced by 10cp pokemon with nicknames like O'Doyle Rules, or (TeamName)Rules, or other dumb shit, so really whats the point? Basically the gym system is completely broken.

TLDR: Trolls taking Gyms, Whats the point. Gyms are Broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    They take gyms so they can go to the shop and get free coins and dust once a day.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop quoting her, maybe she'll go away.

Fencers, as I already said, not all people who live in rural places have “just less” than people who live in big cities, many, and by many I mean not “just some”, actually have NOTHING around them, I consider myself “lucky” for a rural player for having ONE pokéstop in a +200km² area and spending over 1 hour walking in order to find myself a pidgey, I consider myself “lucky” to be able to do 40km once per week in order to actually be able to farm pokeballs and find some pokemons other than pidgeys, yet there are a lot of people that don’t have that “luck”.

If by “play” you mean staring at a blank map for hours, yeah, I guess lil poor Jimmy can still “play” it despite the lack of access to the core features of the game. You actually believe people are just exaggerating? You have no clue ._.
    I don't think players are exaggerating. It sounds like pokemon go sucks for them. however, they can still use incense, eggs, lures, travel, etc.

Cheating because the game is not fun, hard or fair does not mean the game is unplayable or designed to encourage cheating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I don't think players are exaggerating. It sounds like pokemon go sucks for them. however, they can still use incense, eggs, lures, travel, etc.

Cheating because the game is not fun, hard or fair does not mean the game is unplayable or designed to encourage cheating.
    From now one, every game you play will put you at a disadvantage for whatever arbitrary reason I feel like.

It's sunny outside, everyone else in the world will get 3 times as many items, and you will be forced to play with your feet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking as someone from a state with a huge amount of territory, I don't think you quite get the rural life fencers. Lured only work if you have a poke stop. Incense only works if you have Pokemon spawning at all. Eggs only work if you have poke stops, and travel can be impossible if you live 50 km away from the nearest town.

There are plenty of small towns like this, especially in West Texas, so don't dismiss their concerns because you don't know what it's like out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Like it's really annoying to have someone from a major metro area dismiss rural concerns out of ignorance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Like it's really annoying to have someone from a major metro area dismiss rural concerns out of ignorance
    Just travel more Crissi, gosh you lazy bum!

How dare you not live in a large city!

I mean, it's not like adding pokestops in low density areas, and equalizing pokemon spawns across all territories would take minimal effort from a development standpoint, considering the ability to add and remove pokestops already exists.

7+ Year Old Account
    just had a 55 cp eevee escape 8 pokeballs then run away....
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Heck I live in a major metro area (DFW) but ive spent quite a bit of time visiting family that live in small towns. In West Texas, you can go many many many miles with absolutely nothing before you get to another town. Then the towns are like 1k populations max and don't have much.

It's just bonkers to suggest solutions that don't exist for these people

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i.imgur.com/wUSFZts.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/PzridAo.jpg

Someone posted these screen shots from when they travelled to San Fransico. I live in Ohio and we have a major hot spot in my town but I expect to never see anything close to this.

Followed this sub for a while and I've read a lot of things Fencers has said in a lot of different threads and subs but if you really think that there isn't a concern for players that aren't in a major city you are delusional.

Yea, bummer. The decision to base the spawns on density is a real bummer for some. That still is not an expression of gameplay- Rural Jimmy can still play.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't be silly. Rural players can still play the game. It doesn't mean they are allowed to cheat because it may be harder.
    Don't move goal posts. There wasn't anything about being allowed to cheat, you claimed it's just bad luck if you lived in bad zone, not bad design.

Yes, people were saying it pushes you to cheat, or even forces you to if you want to play, but not that it's okay to.

Speaking as someone from a state with a huge amount of territory, I don't think you quite get the rural life fencers. Lured only work if you have a poke stop. Incense only works if you have Pokemon spawning at all. Eggs only work if you have poke stops, and travel can be impossible if you live 50 km away from the nearest town.

There are plenty of small towns like this, especially in West Texas, so don't dismiss their concerns because you don't know what it's like out there.

- - - Updated - - -

I am aware of thier concerns. Seems like it sucks. Game design still does not encourage you to cheat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am aware of thier concerns. Seems like it sucks. Game design still does not encourage you to cheat.
    Not intentionally anyways. I would say bad planning made it a logical conclusion in areas where it's the only option.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedEyeJedi View Post
    Been skimming the forums, might have missed it, but in regards to the GPS spoofers. I don't care if you spoof, to collect all the pokemon/ get the highest that you can. But then to mob gyms just because is stupid. Pretty much every Pokemon can be taken down in the gym, especially when its 6v1, so whats the point. Too be a nuisance? if that? Even still, the gym turnover rate is so ridiculous, not even worth it. I've seen gyms taken over and then replaced by 10cp pokemon with nicknames like O'Doyle Rules, or (TeamName)Rules, or other dumb shit, so really whats the point? Basically the gym system is completely broken.

TLDR: Trolls taking Gyms, Whats the point. Gyms are Broken.
    i dont even bother with gyms im just going for filling my dex and trying to get stronger pokemon
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

But saying that this isn’t problem that it’s not the game’s fault that people are “unlucky” to live in such kind of places is simply ridiculous if you ask me =/
    Value attribution is your bussiness. There is no "come on" about it- rural people would like to play. It's harder for them to play, okay. Though the assertion that the design is such that encouragement through gameplay expression is to cheat is not valid or wholly true. Regardless how tough it is to play- which is a bummer, I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Don't move goal posts. There wasn't anything about being allowed to cheat, you claimed it's just bad luck if you lived in bad zone, not bad design.

Yes, people were saying it pushes you to cheat, or even forces you to if you want to play, but not that it's okay to.
    My posts are consistent in addressing game design and gameplay in this context. The onus is on you to counter in the same context.

As I said before how you feel about game design is irrelevant to the expression of gameplay. To encourage cheating would be to have cheating be okay.

To encourage is to provide support, confidence and or advice. For the design to do so would expressly be okay as an expression; for you could not interface with the game any other way literally.

- - - Updated - - -

Not intentionally anyways. I would say bad planning made it a logical conclusion in areas where it's the only option.
    Understandable. I hope the game reaches a more level state for all players.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2016-08-07 at 11:36 PM. Reason: I'm on mobile. Auto correct is painful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Value attribution is your bussiness. There is no "come on" about it- rural people would like to play. It's harder for them to play, okay. Though the assertion that the design is such that encouragement through gameplay expression is to cheat is not valid or wholly true. Regardless how tough it is to play- which is a bummer, I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

My posts are consistent in addressing game design and gameplay in this context. The onus is on you to counter in the same context.

As I said before how you feel about game design is irrelevant to the expression of gameplay. To encourage cheating would be to have cheating be okay.

To encourage is to provide support, confidence and or advice. For the design to do so would expressly be okay as an expression; for you could not interface with the game any other way literally.

- - - Updated - - -

Understandable. I hope the game reaches a more level state for all players.
    so in your flawed position us folks who live in rural areas should make due with an army of pidgy and and weedle if we can find them
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

I understand why there are fewer and more common pokemon in rural areas, thats where they would be in real life, but the lack or extreme amount of pokestops and gyms is a bit of a mess. There is NOTHING where I live, and I live in town, there is a Pokestop at the bank a bit away, then another at a water fountain next to a mcdonalds, no gyms anywhere near by. But my main issue with this game is the GPS vs Steps for egg hatching. I know this game is about going out in the real world to find pokemon but at the same time, not everybody can do this when it comes to the distance requirements for hatching eggs, you have to have the app open for it to count and its based on GPS not on steps. I could hatch all my eggs with the amount of walking I do at work and my 40 minutes on the treadmill at the gym, but no I have to deal with the little I get from leaving the app and putting the phone in my pocket when possible.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Oh come on Crissi. It just us stupid pleeps don't understand art.....
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2016-08-07 at 11:50 PM.