It's also worth mention that the higher evolutions' gain more CP for same dust costs when leveling. So dust costs wise it's better to evolve them fully and then boost their CP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel good. I have 2 pokestops around the block from me and 6 in a park nearby with 3 gyms in a short distance.

I also figured out why my GPS wasn't working accurately. I had it in network mode. Does anyone know how much of a drain having full GPS turned on is?

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    I feel good. I have 2 pokestops around the block from me and 6 in a park nearby with 3 gyms in a short distance.

I also figured out why my GPS wasn't working accurately. I had it in network mode. Does anyone know how much of a drain having full GPS turned on is?
    It's a lot of drain The app altoghether drains your battery like a mad man.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    You need a iPhone 5 or better and be running iOS 8 or better.
    ...Just lame. We'll Im more about the normal games anyway...so crap to have restrictions like that for a silly mobile game lol
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I'd think it's more about hardware issues than having restrictions just for the sake of having them.

anyone got any general tips for this game? Gonna take my first walk tomorrow with it
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Your near gym of your color doesn't have room anymore? Spam it with lowie training and leave after one or two matches, you get the prestige and XP of the won battles, no fainted pokemon and easily doable until you have leveled it up

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    anyone got any general tips for this game? Gonna take my first walk tomorrow with it
    Catch everything. Don't worry about leveling them up, just keep the highest level and release the rest.

Depending on your area, you might want to keep a few multiples (I'm keeping a few rhyhorns since everything is fire here, for example)

Pokestops often. You need pokeballs.

Don't evolve until your bar is filled.

If you want more XP, do the extra catches - more if you land in the white circle, more if you land in the green circle while it's small. Not necessary, but adds up. Same for "curveball"... spinning it until it sparkles, then throwing at the pokemon.

Don't bother about gyms until you've got decent-level 'mons.. unless there's a spare spot, in which case slot your 'mon in and get the goodies from the store for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Don't evolve until your bar is filled.
    Not true.

First, Pidgey and Weedle/Caterpie can be used as fodder exp (aswell as Rattata, but not as good) through repeated catch/evolve/release cycle. Especially Pidgey since it's extremely common and costs only 12 candies to evolve.

Leveling is good - as you level, also max CP cap increases.

Also, dust cost for CP increases depending also on the pokemon CP level. Evolutions boost it by a hefty amount due to it usually being an order of magnitude higher, but you'll find that reaching certain thresholds (e.g. 500) cost increases anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Not true.

First, Pidgey and Weedle/Caterpie can be used as fodder exp (aswell as Rattata, but not as good) through repeated catch/evolve/release cycle. Especially Pidgey since it's extremely common and costs only 12 candies to evolve.

Also, dust cost for CP increases depending also on the pokemon CP level. Evolutions boost it by a hefty amount due to it usually being an order of magnitude higher, but you'll find that reaching certain thresholds (e.g. 500) cost increases anyway.
    To add, I noticed training my Scyther that the candy cost went up to 2 candies after a few, so I'm thinking "raising" a pokemon is going to be expensive.

Not true.

I was going more for leveling for battle - xp-wise yours is probably much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your near gym of your color doesn't have room anymore? Spam it with lowie training and leave after one or two matches, you get the prestige and XP of the won battles, no fainted pokemon and easily doable until you have leveled it up
    Your Pokémon can not faint while training at friendly gyms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Niantic announced that the location of Pokemon can be manually adjusted. So if companies wish to have a Pokemon free zone, they can file a request for it to be turned off at certain places, like railways.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    Niantic announced that the location of Pokemon can be manually adjusted. So if companies wish to have a Pokemon free zone, they can file a request for it to be turned off at certain places, like railways.
    Sounds like a very good idea. They need to make this message as public as possible so businesses know they have that option.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Sounds like a very good idea. They need to make this message as public as possible so businesses know they have that option.
    I just know all these old cunts in my art district will take away all the Pokestops if I mention it.

But what about businesses who want to request pokestops/gyms/pokemon spawn at their location? We're already seeing businesses marketing around Pokemon go, which gives them an advantage around nearby shops that don't have that hook.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But what about businesses who want to request pokestops/gyms/pokemon spawn at their location? We're already seeing businesses marketing around Pokemon go, which gives them an advantage around nearby shops that don't have that hook.
    I saw Niantic had to close down opening new ones because they were getting bombarded with requests.

I'll be using it quite a bit. I'm in a tourist town, and keeping the kids occupied is a great way to sell art to parents.

caught the one pokemon in the tutorial, after that, have yet to see anything appear on the map, got rid of the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know how many gyms you can control at one point?
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    my issue is 3 things

1. i have no pokestops near me...
    2. the servers are so bad using items is useless... use a incsence, the servers just crash a bunch and you havent had a single pokemon appear
    3. i feel higher Cp pokemon shoudl give more candy... cause eventually leveling and evolving pokemon takes forever... cause god danm... about 110 magikarps to evolve one... ONE HUNDRED AND TEN.... (if your lucky...)
    You need to catch 100 Magicarp(101 actually) to make gyrados. Its not that bad when you think about it. Gyrados is supposed to be a rare sight after all.

Higher CP should definately not give more candy. Anyway candy really isnt the problem. You will see this when you get higher level. I'm guessing you are 5-6.

Amright?

- - - Updated - - -

Not true.

If the Cost of CP increases with a pokemons evolution i'd say it makes a lot of sense to fill the bar before evolving a pokemon?