15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakinpacman View Post
    Sitting at 280 Pidgey Candies and want to know how many more i need to maximise 30 minutes of straight evolving for max effectiveness of my lucky egg.

That's enough for 23 pidgeys so I would be more then enough for a single lucky egg.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakinpacman View Post
    Sitting at 280 Pidgey Candies and want to know how many more i need to maximise 30 minutes of straight evolving for max effectiveness of my lucky egg.
    www.pidgeycalc.com

this is a handy site to see how many pokemon you can evolve with your amount of candies and how long it would take on average

according to the site, evolving 60 pokemon would equal 30 minutes.
    Last edited by mmoc30ed4cc660; 2016-07-25 at 01:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    To evolve them and get XP.

The best leveling strategy is to capture as many 12 and 25 candy evolution Pokemon divisible by that number (252 Pidgey candies = 21 Pidgeys) and begin mass evolving those Pidgeys (or Weedles, or Caterpies, etc) during the 30min Lucky Egg timer.

The game gives 500 XP per evolution regardless of what you evolve. With a Lucky Egg, that's doubled- so 1000 XP. 21 Pidgey evolutions = 21,000 XP in 13 minutes or so.

Player level means everything in this game. Get your player level up as fast and as high as possible for maximum return. Many calculators exist for this now. Google a bit.
    I wanna add to this, that when you do a large number of pidgey evolutions like this strat, always make sure you have a few extra pidgey on hand. Once you transfer the pidgeotto you now have out of those 21 evolutions, you'll be just three candy shy of doing two more evolves. Also, to speed things up while doing this, when the screen shows your freshly evolved pokemons stats/attacks/location make sure to go ahead and transfer it then. It'll save you the lucky egg time wasted later by having to go back and do transfer them one by one.

Another good trick I like to do when I use the strategy above is to nearly have eggs ready to hatch before I begin my mass evolutions. So essentially I'll have 20+ Pidgey, 10 rattata, and a few pokemon I haven't discovered yet sitting ready with enough candies. Next, I'll collect 9 eggs and start the specific distances together. So I'll start the 10k eggs, and when they have 5k left I start the 5k, and then the 2k when everything is down to 2k. Once everyone is nearly hatched I pop a lucky egg, move until the hatching begins, then find some shade to evolve in after the hatching is complete. This way if I manage to hatch a undisoved pokemon, I get the double experience bonus, and if not I get the double hatching bonus.

Using the above, I went from 17-20 in the span of 30 minutes the other day. And depending on how much I can catch over the next couple days, I'll try to set myself up to go from 21 to 25 in a single shot. But I may settle for 23, the xp requirements start to get pretty ridiculous after 20.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Lv 12 gives Greatballs, lv 20 Ultraballs.

In Europe we call them Superballs and Hyperballs. Hence the "H" on the Ultraball.
    My part of Europe calls them greatballs and ultraballs, think it's based on country in this case.

7+ Year Old Account
    I find it a little depressing that my entire town has less Pokemon in it than 1 pier in Santa Monica (the default view for me when I open Pokevision), and they've got nothing on Central Park from what I've heard/seen. It's my understanding that it's based off mobile traffic but Pokemon are like shared tagging right? So why should people in quieter places have less Pokemon if they are shared? Doesn't really make any sense to me Same for my friend, he lives in the middle of nowhere in Norway and gets like nothing lol.

My (newbie) DeviantArt - Beautiful sig by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Any suggestions to catching a wild pidgeot? I find it insanely difficult to throw far enough to even hit it, assuming it even goes straight. I have to fling my finger across the screen with great fury, and still I go through 5-6 balls before I land one (and it gets out). I just avoid them now because I can't figure out a good way to catch them. I mean I already evolved several of them anyway, so it's not a big deal. Just wondering.
    Just run away from them or ignore them. In the end, all you get from a pidgeot is the same as from a pidgey. Same experience, same amount of candies. But for that same reward you are wasting shitloads of balls and getting yourself a headache which isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinze View Post
    My part of Europe calls them greatballs and ultraballs, think it's based on country in this case.
    This. Also, super/hyper balls are the original names from japan. I still prefer great/ultra balls though having grown up in the netherlands.

Deleted
    they should really up the number of candies you get from evolved versions and from transferring pokemon with high cp levels

Quote Originally Posted by Jinze View Post
    Seems German, French and Italian all use Super Balls/Hyper Balls...

Gyms seem to not flip as much as I feared! my neighborhood is mostly valor too so that is great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    nice tips! i'd love to catch an eevee, but not actually seen one yet :P one was on the nearby yesterday, but couldnt find it

this is the pokevision for my area
    obviously i havent put the marker on my house for this, but close! thats pretty much all i ever see around here, never anything good in these parts! :P

but i looked over the river to canary wharf, and its swimming in pokemon over there, need to take a train over there sometime
    As far as I can tell Eevees are actually pretty common in most urban areas. If you move your marker a bit and click scan every 30 seconds I'm sure you could find some.

Is that... the Yugioh necklace?
    /traumatic flash back to childhood
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    Heh, I think it is.

In the official artwork Spark is wearing a triangular necklace, but it's too small to make out any details.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Heh, I think it is.

In the official artwork Spark is wearing a triangular necklace, but it's too small to make out any details.
    well.. the instinct symbol is triangular

- - - Updated - - -

also spark is way cute and now i'm sad that i'm valor since I imagined candela to be an adorable feisty red head :/
    Last edited by mmoc30ed4cc660; 2016-07-25 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    Seems German, French and Italian all use Super Balls/Hyper Balls...
    Italian and Spanish colums are inverted there
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    also spark is way cute and now i'm sad that i'm valor since I imagined candela to be an adorable feisty red head :/
    Right? I mean redheads are full of inner fire, their hair colour is colour of a fire, but all we get is some random chick with dark brown hair. As guys mentioned before there are fan arts out there already at least, still... disappointment really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    That's the first thing I noticed as well. The Pharaoh is behind all this I tell you!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've discovered that anytime the ball flies super far to the right, and there's no chance of catching the pokemon, is when I use a berry. Which...doesn't make any sense. The berry is supposed to make it easier to catch, not impossible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I've discovered that anytime the ball flies super far to the right, and there's no chance of catching the pokemon, is when I use a berry. Which...doesn't make any sense. The berry is supposed to make it easier to catch, not impossible.

The berry makes it more likely the pokemon will stay in the ball not make it easier to hit them with one.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

i tried getting into this game, really didn't catch my interests, but everyone else i know plays it.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    i tried getting into this game, really didn't catch my interests, but everyone else i know plays it.. lol
    It's about the only reason I keep playing it honestly. Just to talk to friends about it.

Although I just hit level 20 two days ago finally, and now I have a 1400 Vaporeon. I feel like it's a bit silly even, that I evolved a Eevee slightly weaker than the one that turned into the 1400 Vaporeon, and it was a 988 Jolteon. Like, that's a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's about the only reason I keep playing it honestly. Just to talk to friends about it.

Although I just hit level 20 two days ago finally, and now I have a 1400 Vaporeon. I feel like it's a bit silly even, that I evolved a Eevee slightly weaker than the one that turned into the 1400 Vaporeon, and it was a 988 Jolteon. Like, that's a huge difference.
    The developer has no idea how to balance their game.
    S tier : Watergun vaporeon, Lick snorlax, rock throw golem
    Trash tier : Everyone else
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -