Poll: Should other classes be able to wield war glaives other than the Demon Hunter?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I think its more likely that glaives will simply not be implemented at all, and that demon hunters end up using 1h swor/axe/mace/fistweapons in 8.0.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2015-09-11 at 02:17 AM.

Hero classes got something special exclusive to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    I think its more likely that glaives will simply not be implemented at all, and that demon hunters end up using 1h swor/axe/mace/fistweapons in 8.0.

Glaives for demon hunter only, and unique class weapons in general, are simply not a efficient use of art resources in the end. it's more work to create enough diversity, then when these weapons can be shared among classes.
    yea ok cause it's not like they make bow/crossbow/gun models every raid tier that only 1 class can use.

Only if they bring back weapon skill and make you level them to 750. MUAHAHAHAHA. Lol no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    yea ok cause it's not like they make bow/crossbow/gun models every raid tier that only 1 class can use.
    yeah ok it's not like they removed totems, librams, idols and thrown weapons. They also didn't complain for years and finally got rid of int plate for 1 spec by making it share with str plate. gear has been homogenized almost as much as they possibly could over the years, there is no reason to assume they will change that stance 2 years from now on the info available right now.

though i admit those were removed for gameplay reasons mostly, not art reasons. and the gameplay reason i predict will be removed by heavily incentivizing personal loot.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2015-09-11 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuze View Post

When did hunters ever really share a weapon with anyone but themselves? Serious question here
    When Warriors and Rogues still used ranged weapons as stat sticks. Rogues and Warriors would roll on bows against Hunters and Hunters would roll on melee weapons against Rogues and Warriors. Sure, in an ideal situation the melee should pass on the ranged weapons and the hunters should pass on the melee weapons...but the game has never been short on selfish people.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of specs and weapon types, it's plain sad that there's more shield using non-tank specs (ele, resto, holy) than there are tanking specs that use shields. (prot, prot)
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering some classes can use the Warglaives of Azzinoth right now in game? It's patently stupid to restrict them to DH only.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but glaives like this one should be available to any sword-wielding class:

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    Speaking of specs and weapon types, it's plain sad that there's more shield using non-tank specs (ele, resto, holy) than there are tanking specs that use shields. (prot, prot)
    It's not really that sad when you consider that the shields used by non tanks cover both DPS (The majority of any group) and healing (which there are usually as many or more of than tanks). Also, you forgot about Glad spec for DPS
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2015-09-11 at 02:33 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    It's not really that sad when you consider that the shields used by non tanks cover both DPS (The majority of any group) and healing (which there are usually as many or more of than tanks). Also, you forgot about Glad spec for DPS
    I think there should be more specs using their shield rather than having one as a back protector.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

At least for legion, then the mog rules can be relaxed maybe. IF there any transmogeable war glaives around that is. If the artifact system becomes part and parcel of wow, who knows.

I think there should be more specs using their shield rather than having one as a back protector.
    I don't think it matters any more than the fact that casters have melee and ranged weapons that they never actually use either.

If the artifact system continues past legion, we wont have access anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    The addition of a new weapon type for a specific class is, imo, a retarded design decision. Doesn't matter for Legion with them Artifacts and all. Chances are there will be only one single Glaive for the expansion. I forsee the DH starter glaives turning into the Artifact glaives. I also forsee blizz turning Glaives into 1-handed swords later on down the line, and letting DHs use 1-hand Axes and Fist Weapons, and maybe maces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Shaman should get glaives at some point, they are the closest to demon hunters melee with some medium range spells. Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    Shaman should get glaives at some point, they are the closest to demon hunters melee with some medium range spells. Yeah
    Shaman cannot even wield the legendary warglaives from Illidan. Because they register as swords. Lame.

Maybe in the future one of the classes can get the Captain America spec and fights exclusively with shield.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    its an iconic weapon that should be exclusive for demon hunters

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say that I'm not disappointed.

Always looked forward to having new weapon types implemented and have always enjoyed the idea of my Warrior wielding glaives.

But, on the other hand I can see why it's being restricted to DH, class flavour etc.