Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

blizzard ( starcraft 2) and equality with other companies

Heya,

So i was thinking about this a long time and finally decided to make topic about that.

So with Legacy of Void they announced that you will get exclusive missions when you preorder the game but i haven't seen anyone complaining about that.

What is wrong ? When Bioware released mass effect 3 everyone was talking about the pre order bonusses, how bad it is, or with recent square enix preorder bs about new deus ex , not to mention the flack that konami was getting after selling dlc's that was already one the disc, not to mentioned dragon age origin stone prisoner or dragon age 2 exiled prince.

But yet, i do not anyone complaining about this.

If this was made by any other company we would see sh-it storm of complains but this is blizzard and apparently no one is complaining.

Did equality was thrown out the window ?

For me it doesn't matter if that is ea, square enix or blizzard.

If they do sh it like this, they need to be called upon; but apparently no one is complaining , i really do not get it.

Maybe some of you guys can shed some light on this.

Thanks.

P.S.

Please make this civil.

The difference is that with SC2; you WILL get the missions regardless of whether or not you preorder; the only difference being that if you preorder now, you can play the first hour of the game immediately. It's not exclusive to those who preordered.

The other examples you cited consist mainly of truly exclusive content, that you can ONLY get if you preorder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    The difference is that with SC2; you WILL get the missions regardless of whether or not you preorder; the only difference being that if you preorder now, you can play the first hour of the game immediately. It's not exclusive to those who preordered.

The other examples you cited consist mainly of truly exclusive content, that you can ONLY get if you preorder.
    Taken from blizz eu website

"When you pre-purchase Legacy of the Void, you'll be granted access to exclusive Prologue missions which introduce the single-player Protoss campaign..."

I understand exclusive missions, as 'bonus' missions which you only get when you preorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    Taken from blizz eu website

"When you pre-purchase Legacy of the Void, you'll be granted access to exclusive Prologue missions which introduce the single-player Protoss campaign..."

I understand exclusive missions, as 'bonus' missions which you only get when you preorder.
    http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/198...void-6-16-2015

"Will be free to all players upon Legacy's release."

Someone didn't do their research.

Exactly. They will be all available for everyone. Hell, I prepurchased on day 1 but haven't downloaded single bit of the game yet and haven't played the missions.

civil discussion hehe. This topic will be the shortest one ever

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Exactly. They will be all available for everyone. Hell, I prepurchased on day 1 but haven't downloaded single bit of the game yet and haven't played the missions.

civil discussion hehe. This topic will be the shortest one ever
    I wouldn't even started this topic if i haven't been misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    I wouldn't even started this topic if i haven't been misinformed.
    Your ignorance as a potential-customer who failed to research the specifics of what he was buying is entirely of your own doing.

Deleted
    http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/198...void-6-16-2015

"Will be free to all players upon Legacy's release."

Someone didn't do their research.
    So why did they write this on eu website

https://eu.battle.net/shop/en/produc...cy-of-the-void

"Get Pre-purchase Goodies

When you pre-purchase Legacy of the Void, you'll be granted access to exclusive Prologue missions which introduce the single-player Protoss campaign. You'll also get into the Void closed beta so you can jump into the action as soon as possible! "

Exclusive means only available when certrains conditions are met, in this case preodering. No offense mate, but i did my research, not my fault that lied there.
    Hate when companies are doing this.

- - - Updated - - -

Your ignorance as a potential-customer who failed to research the specifics of what he was buying is entirely of your own doing.
    I haven't bought anything yet.

Define "exclusive". Exclusive, as in you get to access it first? That's usually Blizzard's definition.

The terminology Bioware and others you listed does not apply here.

Define "exclusive". Exclusive, as in you get to access it first? That's usually Blizzard's definition.

The terminology Bioware and others you listed does not apply here.
    That's an incorrect use of "exclusive" then, because that is not what exclusive means.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's an incorrect use of "exclusive" then, because that is not what exclusive means.
    If you went by Webster's dictionary then yes. If you went by a blue post then no.

If you went by Webster's dictionary then yes. If you went by a blue post then no.
    Going by the store page. The description on the store page is unclear if they are changing the definition of the word. Consumer confusion is understandable in such a situation, where one may not be looking for developer posts to see which words they've decided to change the definition of.

Going by the store page. The description on the store page is unclear if they are changing the definition of the word. Consumer confusion is understandable in such a situation, where one may not be looking for developer posts to see which words they've decided to change the definition of.
    We're talking about Blizzard here: a company that created it's own definition for the word "Soon"™
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Exclusive early access is well within the definition of the word. Though their phrasing is... very poor.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

To be fair, the fact that there is a confusion and that any "research" might be needed is a communication failure on Blizz's part too. Not saying that ppl shouldnt be smart consumers, but I'm sure from a company standpoint confusion is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Exclusive early access is well within the definition of the word. Though their phrasing is... very poor.
    If that was what they wrote, sure. It would be a bit silly, but it would make sense. But that's not what they wrote, so I don't see the point in bringing it up.

The EU page is unclear, and assuming that all will have access to the missions eventually, their use of the word "exclusive" remains incorrect.

http://www.pcgamer.com/starcraft-2-w...ions-revealed/

Whispers of Oblivion will be available free to all everyone (even if you haven't purchased StarCraft 2), but early access goes to those who pre-purchase Legacy of the Void.
    Exclusive early access.

They said it at the E3 thing. https://youtu.be/1AWDxeGkLow?t=225

So, did you hook up that blue quote to your sig before or after Edge- made you point at Blizzard "but but but they always use 'exclusive' the exact opposite of what the word means!"..

*looks at signature*

Irony? I'm sure you're not a blue words interpreter for sure now

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Assuming Seweryn didn't misquote, that's not what it says, at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we look at the whole pricing, this deal actually seems 'fairer' then previous ones. Can't wait till overwatch is out you get even more value for pre-orders.

HoTS hero is 10 euro price
    Card back freebie
    WoW pet, generally also between 10 and 20 euros.
    Mount from hots generally also 10 euros.

Once overwatch comes out we probably get a skin in the deal.

Can't see it stating anywhere the prologue missions are exclusive content.

lol it would be available to everyone. Everyone who pays slightest attention to SC2 knows this otherwise there would be shitstorm already.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2015-09-13 at 01:24 AM.