DK 2s spec and comps question.

So I've been reading around about the best comps and specs for DKs in 2s, and it seems like the general consensus is that DW Frost is the way to go, but I was hoping to see if anyone has had any success this season in hitting 2k with unholy? Or if everyone really does just play frost?

Also, looking into comps it seems that TSG is pretty popular (for 3s), though not too terribly strong, but playing with a windwalker or feral for 2s, or WW/Feral and healer for 3s is also widely considered the way to go. Does this work with just frost because it's bursty with good survivability? Or does unholy excel here too?

The dilemma I'm trying to solve is I play 2s mostly with a feral druid, and we're looking to hit 2k but I prefer playing unholy, though if DW frost is that much better I don't mind riding it out with that until I have the points to buy both 1 handers and a 2h, but if it doesn't make a huge difference for 2s, and there's some good 3s comps out there, I'll just play unholy and make it work.

Cheers,
    Regen.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Comps that can work for 3's from personal experience are

TSG (DK/Warr/Healer)
    Smokebomb (DK/Rogue/Healer)
    Walking Dead (DK/Windwalker/Healer)
    Ebola Cleave (DK/Feral/Healer)

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post

TSG (DK/Warr/Healer)
    Most luck doing these as frost?

I've only hit about 1900 last season (1500/1800 this season) and I ONLY play unholy. I've been fairly successful in 2's with double dps in blood presence, or with a resto shaman healer (or hpal). Almost all of my arenas are using the shadowcleave. (DK Warlock+-Heal.) If you can play breath of sindragosa efficiently for very nice burst with your feral friend aswell as the necoblight playstyle if you decide to use a healer I really see no reason to go frost.

tldr; yes, unholy is solid for higher CR pvp from my personal experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Most luck doing these as frost?
    Yup Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post

TSG (DK/Warr/Healer)
    The names people come up with for comps is sometimes hilarious...ebola cleave and walking dead....lol

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    The names people come up with for comps is sometimes hilarious...ebola cleave and walking dead....lol
    Well walking dead makes sense. windWALKER DEATHknight, I get that one, ebola though... lol

Deleted
    Walking Dead's pretty strong after the Windwalker buffs.

Not RMD strong but still decent.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Yeah.

Silly names like Dancing with the Stars (Sub/Moonkin/Healer) and Spicy Chicken Cleave (Fire/Moonkin/Healer) are just the icing on the cake.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2015-09-25 at 12:04 PM.

For 2's how are ret and enhance? How about balance instead of feral?

Btw, ebola involves bleeding, and bleeds = feral. It's a disease, and that means DK.