Page 1 of 70
... LastLast

13 year old boy charged with second degree assault for kissing a girl

A 13-year-old boy in Maryland has been charged with assault after police say he grabbed a fellow eighth grader and kissed her.
    Administrators at Pikesville Middle School notified the school resource officer of the incident on Wednesday morning.
    Baltimore County Police say the 14-year-old girl told the officer the boy grabbed her by her shirt near her stomach, pulled her toward him and kissed her against her will. Police say the boy said someone dared him to do it.
    The boy was charged as a juvenile with second-degree assault and released to his mother. Police say he was not taken to the precinct and processed.
    County schools spokesman Mychael Dickerson says the boy faces school disciplinary action for violating the code of conduct.
    Source: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/art...ed-6500818.php

This is getting out of hand. Sure, he should get in trouble with the school, but charging for assault? What the fuck? I did all kinds of stupid and slightly illegal things as a teenager - including once grabbing a girls ass on a dare - but to be charged for a crime for kissing a girl? That's ridiculous.

I would say some level of misdemeanor assault would be an appropriate charge. I would certainly press charges if someone did that to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, he's getting 2nd degree assault for restraining someone against their will.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably do the same if I was suddenly grabbed and forcefully kissed. That's not acceptable for teenagers to do

You guys are serious? Holy shit, did you do NOTHING as a teenager?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just give him detention and move on. Make sure he understands he can't do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankitbetter View Post
    Not like this, since I was raised to respect people's personal boundaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    My body my choice. If you take that choice from me you are getting in trouble

I tried to avoid assaulting people. I know...I'm so very boring.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Thats so weird
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Then its only fair we start charging all the girls that kiss boys
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    I tried to avoid assaulting people. I know...I'm so very boring.
    Inb4 people start complaining about the decline of society and how making boys treat girls as people and respecting their personal space means they're turning into sissies or women.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's one reason why my signature is what it is.. I've seen a lot worse when I was 13 and worst case was being expelled instead being charged with second degree assault.. Sure it was wrong but come on really .. he's 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    Then its only fair we start charging all the girls that kiss boys
    Sure, if they are grabbing and kissing boys against their will.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpaladin View Post
    That's one reason why my signature is what it is.. I've seen a lot worse when I was 13 and wort case was being expelled instead being charged with second degree assault..
    Which makes it ok how?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Inb4 people start complaining about the decline of society and how making boys treat girls as people and respecting their personal space means they're turning into sissies or women.
    You're making a huge assumption of a 13-yr-old kid who has just been introduced to a new biological desire as well as increased peer pressure(was dared to do it). You don't put these kids in handcuffs, you make it a teachable moment. Last thing we need to do is turn young males into anti-social shut ins because they're afraid of being human.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I did plenty of shit. I just didn't go around grabbing/kissing girls without some kind of permission first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did lots of stuff, forcing people to do things against their will wasn't one of them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    You're making a huge assumption of a 13-yr-old kid who has just been introduced to a new biological desire as well as increased peer pressure(was dared to do it). You don't put these kids in handcuffs, you make it a teachable moment. Last thing we need to do is turn young males into anti-social shut ins because they're afraid of being human.
    Which is precisely what you lot do by perpetuating the notion that boys shouldn't cry or express emotion. Go figure.

Deleted
    Kiss someone against their will? No.